Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vinnie tries again!

Go down 
+12
Glower
Lurideath
glassprison
nevermore
Dark Horseman
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
manny
MetalGuy71
mikeinfla
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Vinnie tries again! Empty
PostSubject: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2019 3:58 pm

Perhaps the third time will be the charm for former KISS guitarist and songwriter Vinnie Vincent when it comes to staging a comeback concert performance.

Following the cancelation of two comeback shows earlier this year, Vincent has announced a new rare public performance on June 7th at S.I.R. Soundstage in Nashville.

Vinnie had originally announced his first comeback show dubbed "The Songs. The Music. The Stories: Vinnie Vincent Live In Concert" at The Guest House at Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee on December 7th that was supposed to include original Vinnie Vincent Invasion vocalist Robert Fleischman.

That show was then canceled and Vincent announced that he would instead perform shows on February 8th and 9th in Nashville. But in January vinnievincentlive.com shared, "Mr. Vincent has sent a notification letter to the promoter that he will not be performing the concerts scheduled for Feb 8th and 9th, 2019 in Nashville, TN."

Back in November, Fleischman, who was the vocalist featured on the debut Vinnie Vincent Invasion album (replaced by Mark Slaughter), explained why he pulled out of the original show with this social media post, "Looks like I'm the bearer of bad news today.. I think a lot of you know my history with Mr. Vincent been a rollercoaster or two.. first ..things were not feeling good on the business side.. again..the promoter.. extremely low-balled me to the point of.. it being insulting.. the amount of money he offered.. and the poor organization... and lack of respect.. Plus I think it was so bad that the show was cancelled at Graceland.. when the promoter knew some time ago it wasn't going to happen.. I had hardly any contact with anyone wondering what was going to happen .changing plans like a lot of you did ..and unfortunately ..we got hit with travel arrangements and hotel's..having to be canceled and all the money lost.. then they decided to have it in Nashville ..with two special guests.. and on the poster a picture of Vinnie and special guests ..and my name below in tiny little letters which would take a microscope to read it.. thinking that this promoter has something out for me ?.. I don't even know him.. after that I said to myself.. I'm not going down this road again ..people I've been up and down with this situation.. like a lot of you.. unfortunately some people don't learn from their past.. well I do.. I'm not going to hop on that train ever again..

"This is what I texted to Vinnie.. 'Vinnie.. I'm going to bow out doing the show in Nashville..I apologize but my heart is just not into it anymore..please understand.. while you were away.. I was pursuing other avenues in my life and I just enjoy the way it is now..
I would have called you but I feel you would have tried to talk me into doing this project with you.. but my heart just isn't in it... I'd love to still be in touch with you and be friends.. So all the best to you..R"

Vinnie tries again! VinnieVincent

Last edited by mikeinfla on Mon May 20, 2019 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2019 5:37 pm

Any takers on when he cancels? Month and a half away. Does he wig out before or after Memorial Day Weekend?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2019 8:09 pm

I wonder what kind of moronic promoter would even agree to take a chance of booking Vinnie Vincent at this point.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2019 9:24 pm

manny wrote:
I wonder what kind of moronic promoter would even agree to take a chance of booking Vinnie Vincent at this point.

This! Exactly.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2019 9:24 pm

Looked at the fine print and only 60 people?? That's weird.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2019 9:43 pm

mikeinfla wrote:

That makes me believe he just wants to be "out there" again and connect with people. I have no problem with that (not saying you do either, Mike); I would have an issue if he thought he was going to announce a comeback and sell out 2000 seat theaters and/or rival what Kiss or even Ace is doing.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 9:52 am

the sentinel wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:

That makes me believe he just wants to be "out there" again and connect with people. I have no problem with that (not saying you do either, Mike); I would have an issue if he thought he was going to announce a comeback and sell out 2000 seat theaters and/or rival what Kiss or even Ace is doing.

Nope, no problem with 60 but it seems it would make more sense to hold it somewhere for at least 200-300 people. I guess if you are a huge fan then this is your chance to spend a few hundred bucks and meet the man.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 9:58 am

Anybody who buys a ticket to this deserves to be ripped off.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 10:26 am

Just a thought. The first show poster had Vinnie in his Kiss make up and the whole style of it was very Kiss. The promotion for this couldn't be any further from that.

Maybe he's received a couple of letters that convinced him not to do the first gig.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 10:42 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Just a thought. The first show poster had Vinnie in his Kiss make up and the whole style of it was very Kiss. The promotion for this couldn't be any further from that.

Maybe he's received a couple of letters that convinced him not to do the first gig.

Maybe? Good point, Boris. He does have a few albums worth of material to play without the Kiss stuff.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 10:52 am

I kind of feel bad for the guy, how many train wrecks can he take?
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2019 12:55 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Any takers on when he cancels? Month and a half away. Does he wig out before or after Memorial Day Weekend?

lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2019 1:10 pm

This guy seems to be a glutton for punishment. I hope it works out for him but I highly doubt it.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2019 2:01 pm

$300 to hear him play "Speedball Jamm"??
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2019 7:54 pm

glassprison wrote:
$300 to hear him play "Speedball Jamm"??

I hear ya, but the Kiss Army faithful will pay it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2019 9:00 pm

manny wrote:

I. Fleecem Entertainment
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2019 9:28 pm

Has anyone here actually listened to Speedball Jamm all the way through? I'm a big KISS fan and have various solo projects on my playlist every week but even I shut it off after a couple of minutes.

The original idea for his comeback seemed cool, the set list consisting of VVI material and at least five 80s era KISS songs. But this just seems like something that they can get away with doing off the cuff with no real rehearsal. I guess that's why the VIP meet and greet is the real highlight of the package? Whatever he ends up doing on guitar is just extra?

He looked really uncomfortable when he played on the KISS Kruise preshow. He didn't play a single lead on stage.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 5:49 pm

More news:
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/vinnie-vincent-canceled-comeback-shows/

And he says he almost slipped Gene's Vault show:

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/vinnie-vincent-gene-simmons-vault/
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 6:15 pm

007 wrote:
manny wrote:

I. Fleecem Entertainment

In cooperation with Dewey, Cheatem and Howe Productions.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 4:56 pm

He just did an interview on Rock Talk with Mitch Lefon and am listening to it now. Its on YouTube if you want to look it up.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 5:35 pm

Lurideath wrote:
He just did an interview on Rock Talk with Mitch Lefon and am listening to it now. Its on YouTube if you want to look it up.

I read the highlights on Sleazeroxx a few minutes ago. He stressed a lot that he wasn't the one who cancelled the show, it was apparently the promoter, but VV states he was unhappy with the choice of singer. So, I feel like the promoter had no choice but to cancel if he wasn't going to go forward with the show.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 5:59 am

The drama continues with Carmine blaming Vinnie for the cancellation:

When asked about  the recent claims by Vinnie Vincent that his promoter was to blame for the recent cancellations of the show in Nashville and Vincent's disapproval of the choice in singer  

"The promoter did nothing but try his best to make these gigs happen. The promoter Derek Christopher hired me because I knew Vinnie and I talked to Vinnie and we said maybe it would be cool if I did the gigs with him and Vinnie Vincent agreed. Derek hired me and put the deal together, then I brought bassist Tony Franklin in whom Vinnie never heard of before. Then they were going through tons of singers and I said  I have this guy names Jim Crean that can sing high just like the original Vinnie Vincent invasion singer Robert Fleischman. I told Jim Crean about it and he was up for it. Then Derek  said why don't you put Jim Crean's voice on a couple of Vinnie's tracks and he would send it to Vinnie and see what he thinks and that's what we did. And from what I remember Vinnie said to the promoter Derek that he thought Jim Crean was great. So we were moving ahead and waiting for a set list and then when we never got any set list from Vinnie so the promoter sent me, Jim and Tony some lists of songs, which included Vinnie's songs and Kiss Songs and I thought that was what we were going to do and then Vinnie started to steer away. And I said to Vinnie, I saw that clip of you playing that Pre-Kiss cruise clip you did not look comfortable on stage,  you looked scared and I blatantly said can you still play? You didn't do any solos?  Vinnie said to me yeah I can still play. Then later on Vinnie said I don't want to do any Kiss songs or my songs I just want to jam for an hour and a half after he just put out a press release with the promoter saying I'm gonna do Kiss songs, Vinnie Vincent songs, this is him verbally saying that on the ad. Then he changed his mind on that and said he just wanted to jam. Quite honestly I don't want to jam, I don't want to go on the stage and jam. I want to play songs people want to come and hear. As for choosing Jim Crean as the singer, I was working behind the scenes getting Jim Crean to sing demo songs for Vinnie so he can hear what he sounds like. Derek the promoter said Vinnie was fine with him, Derek had no reason to lie about it so we were going to move ahead."  

When asked about Vinnie Vincent's statement "There's only one uncontroverted fact that actually did happen, and that is that I, Vinnie Vincent, did not cancel that show
"The cancellations came from Vinnie he did not want to do the gig. I gave Vinnie three other singers to pick from but Vinnie did not like them and Vinnie said Jim Crean was good. Then Vinnie to blame it all on Derek the promoter who is the nicest guy and is now really ill since all of this happened is bad. Derek has not been able to stand up for himself because he has been really ill, in and out of the hospital. The last thing on his mind is Vinnie Vincent right now, he is trying to get healthy. And to see Vinnie saying it's Derek's fault, it wasn't his fault. Derek the promoter did everything he can to make these gig happen. Vinnie is saying it's Derek's fault I'm saying it's not his fault, Derek did everything and beyond to make things happen, to keep it on track. Derek brought Vinnie out of hiding, he put together that Kiss expo that Vinnie came out on, that made Vinnie money, Vinnie didn't do that Derek did that."
Carmine Appice
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 7:40 am

I read that earlier. I think it's interesting that Vinnie was asked point blank about whether or not he can still play. This whole thing may be balanced on that fact.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 8:26 am

If he writes a book - I’d buy it. He was the 5th KISS member - then Eric Carr - imo ! Then everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 9:36 am

^^ he claimed to be writing a book about his time in Kiss when I saw him at the NJ Kiss Expo... in 1995.

Obviously I've stopped holding my breath while I wait for it. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vinnie tries again!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: