Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vinnie tries again!

Go down 
+12
Glower
Lurideath
glassprison
nevermore
Dark Horseman
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
manny
MetalGuy71
mikeinfla
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

Vinnie tries again! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 3:45 pm

Quote :
I read that earlier. I think it's interesting that Vinnie was asked point blank about whether or not he can still play. This whole thing may be balanced on that fact.

I'm really curious about this too. Though, you would think that the 90 minute "jam" idea would be even more revealing of his abilities if he actually goes through with it. If he was just playing stuff like "Like it Up" his current ability level might not be as obvious.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 9:27 pm

True. But it depends on what "jamming" means to VV now.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2019 10:26 am

Here we go again...

Quote :
Former KISS guitarist Vinnie Vincent's performance at the "Speedballjamm", which was scheduled to take place next month at the S.I.R. Soundstage in Nashville, Tennessee, is no longer being advertised on his web site.

The "Appearances" section of VinnieVincent.com contains no mention of the June 7 event, but includes the following message: "Come see the legendary Vinnie Vincent in person! Vinnie will be appearing at a variety of events for musical performances, meet and greets, autograph sessions, photo ops, and more! Check the listings below for an appearance in your area!"

Vincent's "Speedballjamm" appearance was being billed as an intimate event, with only 60 VIP tickets being made available at the cost of $300 per ticket. The performance was supposed to see Vincent backed by his handpicked musicians, Mike Weeks and Chuck White.

Less than a week ago, fans reported via social media that fewer than a dozen tickets had been sold for the "Speedballjamm".

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2019 10:28 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Any takers on when he cancels? Month and a half away. Does he wig out before or after Memorial Day Weekend?

Memorial Day weekend is less than a week away. So far, I'm on point!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2019 10:29 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Here we go again...

Quote :
Former KISS guitarist Vinnie Vincent's performance at the "Speedballjamm", which was scheduled to take place next month at the S.I.R. Soundstage in Nashville, Tennessee, is no longer being advertised on his web site.

The "Appearances" section of VinnieVincent.com contains no mention of the June 7 event, but includes the following message: "Come see the legendary Vinnie Vincent in person! Vinnie will be appearing at a variety of events for musical performances, meet and greets, autograph sessions, photo ops, and more! Check the listings below for an appearance in your area!"

Vincent's "Speedballjamm" appearance was being billed as an intimate event, with only 60 VIP tickets being made available at the cost of $300 per ticket. The performance was supposed to see Vincent backed by his handpicked musicians, Mike Weeks and Chuck White.

Less than a week ago, fans reported via social media that fewer than a dozen tickets had been sold for the "Speedballjamm".

I'd say Vinnie will never change, but that would be...inaccurate.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2019 10:34 am

If the rumors on various FB music groups can be believed, that Speedball Jam show had only sold a half dozen tickets thus far.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2019 10:37 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
If the rumors on various FB music groups can be believed, that Speedball Jam show had only sold a half dozen tickets thus far.

It seems even his most die-hard fans have wised up and are fed-up with his shenanigans.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2019 2:56 pm

I was gonna post this yesterday but forumotion was down. At first I thought this guy might be full of BS but it makes sense when I checked the link and the presale tickets were no longer listed.

FF thru the first 35 seconds of BS

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2019 4:08 pm

What a flake!

Talk about unreliable...
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2019 6:17 pm

the sentinel wrote:
glassprison wrote:
$300 to hear him play "Speedball Jamm"??

I hear ya, but the Kiss Army faithful will pay it.

Leave it to Vinnie to actually reach the threshold of the KISS Army's faithfulness! I never thought it would happen! lol!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2019 10:04 pm

glassprison wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
glassprison wrote:
$300 to hear him play "Speedball Jamm"??

I hear ya, but the Kiss Army faithful will pay it.

Leave it to Vinnie to actually reach the threshold of the KISS Army's faithfulness! I never thought it would happen! lol!

I never thought I'd see the day... Smile
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2019 10:05 pm

My Kiss fandom died with the re release of Destroyer with a bonus track of a "different" guitar solo.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 10:40 am

Carmine Appice thinks that Vinnie Vincent has now "totally ruined his career."

In other shocking news: the sun is hot. Laughing very hard

https://sleazeroxx.com/carmine-appice-thinks-that-vinnie-vincent-has-now-totally-ruined-his-career/

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 11:28 am

Nothing gets by Carmine.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 1:36 pm

I think his career was ruined a LONG time ago.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 2:06 pm

Quote :
My Kiss fandom died with the re release of Destroyer with a bonus track of a "different" guitar solo.

I guess I would think it was lame if it was just a random alternate take, but what they did was kind of cool in that they put a version of "Sweet Pain" with Ace's previously unreleased original guitar solo as the actual album track. I'm sure the Ace diehards were eager to hear that version rather than what was on the original release, which was a solo by Dick Wagner. The Wagner one was tacked on to the end of the reissue.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 9:30 pm

Third Time's the Charm?
Vinnie has announced a special private birthday celebration for "select fans"... you gotta read his message about the online haters who are "engaged in the systematic witch hunt to sabotage my brand name and reputation."

https://sleazeroxx.com/vinnie-vincent-planning-private-b-day-bash-w-select-fans-but-warns-his-appearances-may-be-ending/

At this point, I think that Threatin guy has a more legit chance at a comeback than V.V. does.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 11:11 pm

It's getting to the point where this isn't funny. Sounds seriously delusional to the point of worry.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 7:44 am

Boris2008 wrote:
It's getting to the point where this isn't funny. Sounds seriously delusional to the point of worry.

Agreed, I think we all know this "new" event won't happen. If it does, good for him (really). But I just don't see it happening. Looks like if it DOES happen it is more of a Q&A session than antything else. He's a legend in his own mind.

Last edited by mikeinfla on Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 9:04 pm

I did not inquire about ticket prices but I heard Eddie Trunk said they were like $300 a pop, it was to be intimate gig, which I am sure it would Vinnie and his only fan in attendance...his lawyer
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 12:50 pm

Former KISS guitarist Vinnie Vincent revealed that he is planning to host a Birthday Bash on August 10th in Nashville, following a string of canceled comeback shows.
The elusive guitarist has shared an event poster on his website for the upcoming event that said, "Vinnie Vincent's Birthday Bash August 10th, 2019 Nashville, TN."
The poster was captioned with the same words along with "Stay tuned for news and event details!" This news of the birthday bash comes following the cancelation of his June 7th "Speedballjamm" event in Nashville, which followed previous canceled comeback shows.

http://vinnievincent.com/vinnie-vincents-birthday-bash/

Vinnie tries again! - Page 2 Birthday-Bash-Banner-3
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 12:29 pm

So I guess this actually happened???

https://www.vvforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=8276
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 12:49 pm

Even from the most fawning accounts, it sounds like it was at most a signing like he's already done publicly, with two 15 minute sessions of him noodling around on a guitar.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 9:49 pm

Yeah I have been listening to a few videos on YouTube talking about it. Seems like it would have been cool.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 10:08 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Nothing gets by Carmine.

lol! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vinnie tries again!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next