Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vinnie Vincent's back again...

Go down 
+9
Troublezone
MetalFRO
Metal Misfit
ultmetal
iamrockerfun
manny
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

Vinnie Vincent's back again... Empty
PostSubject: Vinnie Vincent's back again...   Vinnie Vincent's back again... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:04 pm

and he's still p*ssed at KISS...

Former KISS Guitarist VINNIE VINCENT Sues Band For Using His Image Without Permission - Aug. 24, 2009
According to TMZ.com, former KISS guitarist Vinnie Vincent — who has sued the band several times since he left the group back in 1984 — has filed another complaint, but this time he's thrown a cable network into the mix.

Vincent is suing the band, along with A&E Television Networks, for using his image without his permission. According to a lawsuit filed earlier this month, Vincent claims his image was used in a DVD boxed set called "Kissology: Volume 2 1978-1992". In addition, Vincent claims his image was used as part of the "roast" episode of A&E's show "Gene Simmons Family Jewels", the "reality"-TV program featuring KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons and his family.

Vincent also claims Simmons defamed him on an A&E show called "Private Sessions", though he doesn't specify what defamatory statements were made.

Vincent is seeking unspecified damages.

Vincent, whose real name is Vincent Cusano, played with KISS from 1982 to 1984, co-writing "I Love it Loud", "Lick it Up" and other songs.

Back in October 2006, Vincent lost a Supreme Court appeal in a dispute over royalties with his former KISS bandmates. (See Vincent's petition in PDF format at this location.)

Justices declined to consider lower court rulings dismissing Vincent's claim that he is owed royalties for his contributions to the band's 1983 album "Lick It Up".

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent's back again...   Vinnie Vincent's back again... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:08 pm

Boy, he doesn't give up does he? Has anyone ever won a case against Gene & his attorneys? lol!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent's back again...   Vinnie Vincent's back again... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:11 pm

I can hear Gene's lawyers already. "We used your image, Vinnie? Were you wearing make up in said image, or was it a clip of you performing in a KISS music video? Either way, KISS Incorporated owns that image. Gene says 'bite me,' and you can go away now."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent's back again...   Vinnie Vincent's back again... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I can hear Gene's lawyers already. "We used your image, Vinnie? Were you wearing make up in said image, or was it a clip of you performing in a KISS music video? Either way, KISS Incorporated owns that image. Gene says 'bite me,' and you can go away now."

LOL! I was going to say the same thing - he doesn;t own the image and he didn;t even create it (Paul did)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent's back again...   Vinnie Vincent's back again... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:39 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

LOL! I was going to say the same thing - he doesn;t own the image and he didn;t even create it (Paul did)

If Vinny appears anywhere in the video without make-up, he might have a leg to stand on. But that's a mighty big IF.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent's back again...   Vinnie Vincent's back again... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:42 pm

The only thing this guy is remembered for is KISS and keeps suing them for an image he does not own, songs that he does own the publishing too and film and concert footage that he has no rights to. What is this kind trying to prove? He should be happy KISS included his image and footage of him playing with KISS and that Gene and Paul did not pull an Ozzy and have his guitar tracks replaced by Tommy Thayer.

Last edited by manny on Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent's back again...   Vinnie Vincent's back again... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:49 pm

jerk
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent's back again...   Vinnie Vincent's back again... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:58 pm

Why doesn't he stop worrying about KISS and start recording some music! Kiss fans love the guy. He could do a small theater and club tour and make a killing.

I was excited when I read the topic of this thread. I thought "all right! Some new Vinnie Vincent. It's about time..." only to discover it's another stupid law suit!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent's back again...   Vinnie Vincent's back again... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:05 pm

ultmetal wrote:

I was excited when I read the topic of this thread. I thought "all right! Some new Vinnie Vincent. It's about time..." only to discover it's another stupid law suit!

Sorry to get your hopes up, Ult... I'll word my thread titles more carefully from now on. Embarassed

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent's back again...   Vinnie Vincent's back again... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 4:00 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Why doesn't he stop worrying about KISS and start recording some music! Kiss fans love the guy. He could do a small theater and club tour and make a killing.

I agree with this whole post.

He must really need money. Dude, Vince-- go TOUR if you're hard up for cash. And if he dropped an album tomorrow I'd go buy it just on name value alone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent's back again...   Vinnie Vincent's back again... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:59 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

If Vinny appears anywhere in the video without make-up, he might have a leg to stand on. But that's a mighty big IF.

You mean, like in the music videos for "Lick It Up" and "All Hell's Breaking Loose"?
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent's back again...   Vinnie Vincent's back again... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:02 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Right there with you, Scott. I was all excited, thinking - could this be a VVI reunion to capitalize on the 80's metal resurgence? Even w/o Mark Slaughter in the band, a talented vocalist could pull it off & possibly make some cool new tunes. But no, he defames his own (formerly) good name by filing yet another lawsuit. What a joke. The guy needs to check his ego @ the door & get over himself already.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent's back again...   Vinnie Vincent's back again... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:07 pm

I heard about this. It's pathetic how these old rockers keep at it with the lawsuits! Make some music or shut up man!!! They probably did you a favor Vinnie, your fame has long since faded...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent's back again...   Vinnie Vincent's back again... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:24 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I heard about this. It's pathetic how these old rockers keep at it with the lawsuits! Make some music or shut up man!!! They probably did you a favor Vinnie, your fame has long since faded...

No kidding, if i was Vinnie Vincent I would send a thank you letter to KISS for including videos with me performing with the band, take advantage of the publicity and immediatley form a new version of the Vinnie Vincent Invasion.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent's back again...   Vinnie Vincent's back again... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:31 pm

manny wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

No kidding, if i was Vinnie Vincent I would send a thank you letter to KISS for including videos with me performing with the band, take advantage of the publicity and immediatley form a new version of the Vinnie Vincent Invasion.

Yep, the ball is in his court to make the most of the situation. Lick it Up! Laughing
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent's back again...   Vinnie Vincent's back again... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:36 pm

Who is giving Vinnie Vincent this brillant career advise anyway?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent's back again...   Vinnie Vincent's back again... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:46 pm

manny wrote:
Who is giving Vinnie Vincent this brillant career advise anyway?

I don't know but Ace Frehley is doing fine on his own and i'm looking forward to his album.
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent's back again...   Vinnie Vincent's back again... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:30 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Ult and I have the same mind...the same mind I tell ya!

sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent's back again...   Vinnie Vincent's back again... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:33 pm

he never gives up does he. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent's back again...   Vinnie Vincent's back again... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:46 pm

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent's back again...   Vinnie Vincent's back again... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:51 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Same thing I thought, see it was just another lawsuit was highly disappointing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent's back again...   Vinnie Vincent's back again... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:55 pm

Vinnie and Gene ought to just go on "Judge Judy" and hash this nonsense out once and for all. I have a feeling Judge Judy would eat Vinnie for breakfast too.

Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent's back again...   Vinnie Vincent's back again... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 11:50 pm

Cliffy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Ult and I have the same mind...the same mind I tell ya!

AGREED...

I want another VIDEO WHERE THEY SET A MAN ON FIRE !!!!!

Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent's back again...   Vinnie Vincent's back again... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:25 pm

Vinnie Vincent's back again... 83628

Vinnie Vincent got his ass handed to him in court again this week... now he has to forfeit all of his KISS royatlies in order to pay Gene Simmons' legal fees!!

Somewhere, Gene Simmons is blowing imaginary gun smoke from his index finger and saying "Booya. That'll learn ya, you little pr*ck." Very Happy

Former KISS Guitarist VINNIE VINCENT Must Forfeit Royalties For Fees - June 16, 2012

According to Law360.com, former KISS guitarist Vinnie Vincent has been ordered to hand over royalty payments (PDF file) to KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons (a.k.a. Gene Klein) to cover attorneys' fees Simmons incurred while defending himself in a legal dispute with the axeman.

Cusano previously argued that his royalty payments were protected from garnishment.

Vincent, whose real name is Vincent Cusano, played with KISS from 1982 to 1984, co-writing "I Love it Loud", "Lick it Up" and other songs.

Back in October 2006, Vincent lost a Supreme Court appeal in a dispute over royalties with his former KISS bandmates and awarded the KISS defendants about $66,400 in attorney's fees and $15,400 in costs.

Justices declined to consider lower court rulings dismissing Vincent's claim that he is owed royalties for his contributions to the band's 1983 album "Lick It Up".

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent's back again...   Vinnie Vincent's back again... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vinnie Vincent's back again...
Page 1 of 1