Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vinnie Vincent

Go down 
+22
brokentulsa
glassprison
Red Kitty
chewie
mlotek
Vexer6
James B.
Alex Dee Rokket
adrian
metalinmyveins
Metal Misfit
kmorg
bassman
manny
Shawn Of Fire
DeathCult
Smindas
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Vinnie Vincent Empty
PostSubject: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:26 pm

Quote :
http://www.rockstarweekly.com/former-kiss-guitarist-vinnie-vincent-gets-1977-re-issue-and-live-concert-recordings.html

KISS and Vinnie Vincent fans can dive into a bit of Vinnie Vincent history with a new re-release of the classic Treasure LP from 1977 issued by Wounded Bird Records of New York and an Internet broadcast of three 1977 Treasure concerts via the website Wolfgang’s Vault. The new CD release also features a previously unreleased bonus cut. The CD is available at Amazon.

Vinnie Vincent Vinnietreasure

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Vinnie Vincent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:27 pm

A talented guitarist and songwriter.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Vinnie Vincent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:29 pm

Interesting. Wounded Bird is diggin' deep for that one.

Meanwhile the "new material" Vinnie was promising back in the '90s continues to languish on a shelf someplace.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Vinnie Vincent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:49 pm

From the description in the link, this sounds like it's a far cry musically from the Vinnie we all know & love. This one's for the real die-hards. Great mustache though.

Vinnie Vincent Vinnietreasure

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Vinnie Vincent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 4:10 pm

What is Vinnie up to nowadays, anyway?

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Vinnie Vincent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 4:35 pm

Smindas wrote:

He recently acquired our original fan based message board and went on a total tirade because he read something he didn't like and shut it down, then threatened to sue quite a few of us, and subsequently "cancelled" another promise release of the 90's material. I dunno what's up his ass, but he seems to hate the fans now too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Vinnie Vincent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 4:42 pm

The thing about Wounded Bird is they don't remaster anything, they don't put a lot into the packaging, and they don't dig for any bonus material...

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Vinnie Vincent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 4:43 pm

Smindas wrote:

Washing dishes
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Vinnie Vincent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 4:52 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
The thing about Wounded Bird is they don't remaster anything, they don't put a lot into the packaging, and they don't dig for any bonus material...

Yea, I've got a handful of Wounded Bird releases and while it's nice to have affordable copies of old albums, they are a very bare-bones affair. I guess that's why they can be found relatively inexpensive.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Vinnie Vincent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 4:55 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I have a couple of the Loudness and Vicious Rumors CDs that Wounded Bird put out and yeah, they're pretty basic, but it beats paying stoooopid $$ for originals or Japanese versions elsewhere, I guess.

DeathCult wrote:
He recently acquired our original fan based message board and went on a total tirade because he read something he didn't like and shut it down, then threatened to sue quite a few of us, and subsequently "cancelled" another promise release of the 90's material. I dunno what's up his ass, but he seems to hate the fans now too.

For real? What a friggin douche!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Vinnie Vincent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 5:03 pm

Wow, that's bizarre. I remember hearing a rumour ages ago that he had got a sex change and was living a new life, but I think that was more of a joke ;P

DeathCult

Vinnie Vincent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 5:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I have a couple of the Loudness and Vicious Rumors CDs that Wounded Bird put out and yeah, they're pretty basic stuff, but it beats paying stoooopid $$ for originals or Japanese versions elsewhere, I guess.

DeathCult wrote:

For real? What a friggin douche!!!

Yeah, he was gifted it by the board owner (Dino), because he was talking about how he wanted to use it to gear up for getting ready to release alot of his unreleased material. Then he got to reading some posts, or something, I'm still not really clear on WHY he lost it on us, but he kept posting all these slightly different rants under different screen names, and ended with something like "it's YOUR fault your not getting new material because of negativity of SOME members" and blah blah blah. Which is actually REALLY indirectly hilarious because we went out of our ways to be overglaringly positive when discussing damn near everything, but there's certain facts you can't hide. For example, the boxset fiasco, the dissolve of his relationship with chrysalis and Kiss, etc. I guess he's so punch drunk from Kiss and other stuff that he takes everything to heart or a personal attack anymore.

In the end, it's a damn shame, I still have fond memories of him and the music and still think he's incredibly talented, but you can only lambast your fans who WERE TRYING TO smurfing HELP YOU for so long before they get discouraged.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

Vinnie Vincent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 5:08 pm

Smindas wrote:
Wow, that's bizarre. I remember hearing a rumour ages ago that he had got a sex change and was living a new life, but I think that was more of a joke ;P

No, he lives in seclusion in TN actually. He's still married to the same chick and everything. The cross dressing thing was a rumor that came about from a court case with one his neighbors, he's just a really small guy with soft features and really long hair. He wore a boubushka (sp?) and huge sunglasses to court to disguise himself, and when a reporter asked the neighbor about if he knew who his neighbor was, he responded with something like "You mean they're not two lesbians?", and the rumor came out of that.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

Vinnie Vincent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 6:21 pm

Talented guy, but has a greatly inflated opinion of his own importance evidently. Too bad, some of us would like to hear some new stuff from him if he can put his ego aside and realize that everything is not about him all the time.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Vinnie Vincent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 7:13 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Smindas wrote:

No, he lives in seclusion in TN actually. He's still married to the same chick and everything. The cross dressing thing was a rumor that came about from a court case with one his neighbors, he's just a really small guy with soft features and really long hair. He wore a boubushka (sp?) and huge sunglasses to court to disguise himself, and when a reporter asked the neighbor about if he knew who his neighbor was, he responded with something like "You mean they're not two lesbians?", and the rumor came out of that.
Ahhh, right. That's actually a strangely reasonable explanation for the rumour.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Vinnie Vincent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 9:48 am

Wasn't he involved in the disappearance of an old girlfriend or something too? I remember reading something about him being questioned by police about a murder.

EDIT: Ex-wife
Quote :

In January 1998, Vincent's ex-wife, Anne-Marie Cusano, disappeared from her home and her body was not found until late 2000. A drifter and convicted sex-offender was charged with the murder.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Vinnie Vincent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 11:12 am

What was the website, DeathCult?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

Vinnie Vincent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 6:19 pm

Sleep I couldn't care less
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

Vinnie Vincent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:18 am

kmorg wrote:
What was the website, DeathCult?

The old forum?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Vinnie Vincent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:55 pm

The one you've been refering to in this thread, yes.

DeathCult

Vinnie Vincent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 10:24 pm

doublev.forumco.com

Not much to look at now. Everything has since been deleted.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Vinnie Vincent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 8:43 pm

Welp, looks like you Vinnie Vincent fans have something to look forward to in February of 2011 ... there's a new (unauthorized) DVD coming out called "KISS Invasion: A Look at the Lost Egyptian God, Vinnie Vincent"

Vinnie Vincent 512s8iScbtL._SL500_AA300_

Dunno if Vinnie is involved with this thing or if it's just another one of those compilations of public-domain interview footage, but here's the Amazon scoop on it:

A must have for Kiss fans, Invasion gives you rare unseen footage of the Egyptian god himself. Vinnie Vincent was with Kiss only for a short time. Here for the first time are rare interviews and convention appearances. This DVD contains the rare Nightflight unedited interview and more. This material is presented for the first time in DVD format and is an essential item to complete your music collection. Every effort has been made to provide the highest possible picture and sound quality allowing for the availability of the original masters. Unauthorized by the band, management, or record label.

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Vinnie Vincent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 11:31 pm

Recycled footage. That Nightflight interview appears unedited on the unauthorized Killers DVD, I believe. Vinnie barely talks at all in that interview.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Vinnie Vincent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 4:08 pm

I've kind of been on this John Waite kick as of late. I'm not sure how many people know that Vinnie and Adam Mitchell wrote a song called "Tears" for John's "No Brakes" album.

Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

Vinnie Vincent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 7:03 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Smindas wrote:

He recently acquired our original fan based message board and went on a total tirade because he read something he didn't like and shut it down
Wow! That sounds a lot like what happened with the official Yngwie Malmsteen forum. Fans were saying what was on their mind, someone (presumably Yngwie) didn't like it and pulled the plug without notice. So no surprise that when everyone regrouped on our own new forum, there were some negative feelings toward the "maestro." Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vinnie Vincent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinnie Vincent   Vinnie Vincent Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vinnie Vincent
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next