Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any love for Tesla?

Go down 
+9
mez
the sentinel
akeldama
scottmitchell74
Mordor
MetalRob331
shamgar75
Tall Tyrion
Selvmord
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

Any love for Tesla? Empty
PostSubject: Any love for Tesla?   Any love for Tesla? Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 8:43 pm

The band that is. Not necesarriloy the brilliant inventor.

Love Tesla. Always have. Probably one of the hardest working bands around. I hate it when they get referred to as "hair metal" though. I think we can all agree that they aren't. Just a great band, with great song, and incredible live.....

🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any love for Tesla?   Any love for Tesla? Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 9:15 pm

Love them and you are right, they ain't hair metal.

Oh oh, here comes Eyesore to explain about the search function. Duck.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Any love for Tesla?   Any love for Tesla? Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 9:24 pm

Never heard of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any love for Tesla?   Any love for Tesla? Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:48 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
Love them and you are right, they ain't hair metal.

Oh oh, here comes Eyesore to explain about the search function. Duck.
Or metal.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Any love for Tesla?   Any love for Tesla? Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:49 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Or metal.

WRONG!! It's MeTaL!!! angry
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Any love for Tesla?   Any love for Tesla? Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:57 pm

Selvmord wrote:

Love Tesla. Always have. Probably one of the hardest working bands around. I hate it when they get referred to as "hair metal" though. I think we can all agree that they aren't. Just a great band, with great song, and incredible live.....

🤘

Totally agree. My favorite album of theirs is Psychotic Supper - That album is just fantastic. All their albums are great though. They play a great live show. I was just listening to their Psychotic Supper album today - Don't De-rock Me!!

🇬🇹
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any love for Tesla?   Any love for Tesla? Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:57 pm

Sorry. They are recording a new album, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any love for Tesla?   Any love for Tesla? Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:59 pm

shamgar75 wrote:
Selvmord wrote:

🤘

Totally agree. My favorite album of theirs is Psychotic Supper - That album is just fantastic. All their albums are great though. They play a great live show. I was just listening to their Psychotic Supper album today - Don't De-rock Me!!

🇬🇹
"Don't De-Rock Me" has some of the best lead work I've ever heard in a rock song!

To this day, the dueling solos in the middle still give me goose bumps.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Any love for Tesla?   Any love for Tesla? Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 3:12 am

Awesome band and i wouldnt consider them metal either. They're more a hard rock band with some raunchier tunes.
Back to top Go down
Mordor
Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Any love for Tesla?   Any love for Tesla? Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 5:10 am

Awesome band, have loved them ever since MECHANICAL RESONANCE. Every album they have done has been great. And they didn't change their sound during that horrible period we call the 90's just to sell records. Got the pleasure of seeing them over here (Australia) last year and man what a show. Just awesome. Got to meet them before the show and they were really great guys and down to earth. Brian was sick had no voice Sad And during the show Frank gave me a signed photo of the band because I had a Tesla shirt on hehehe..
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Any love for Tesla?   Any love for Tesla? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 6:26 pm

Just listened to Mechanical Resonance for the first time ever today (besides a couple of radio tunes) and....it's awesome!! I can't believe I ignored these guys for 2+ decades based on their MTV videos. Great!!

(Thanks Manny!)
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Any love for Tesla?   Any love for Tesla? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 6:34 pm

One of my favorite bands of all-time. Psychotic Supper is easily their best IMO, but I like all their albums. Tommy Skeoch is an underrated guitarist and the best one Tesla's ever had.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any love for Tesla?   Any love for Tesla? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 6:42 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Just listened to Mechanical Resonance for the first time ever today (besides a couple of radio tunes) and....it's awesome!! I can't believe I ignored these guys for 2+ decades based on their MTV videos. Great!!

(Thanks Manny!)
Hey, I just bought my first AC/DC disc last year. Haha. But yeah, that album is awesome. You need to buy them all.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Any love for Tesla?   Any love for Tesla? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 7:47 pm

Eyesore wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

(Thanks Manny!)
Hey, I just bought my first AC/DC disc last year. Haha. But yeah, that album is awesome. You need to buy them all.

I agree that you should get them all, scott!! Awesome band. Btw, eyesore, I also own only one AC/DC disc too. I guess I just never got into them since they were always on the radio. Ha. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Any love for Tesla?   Any love for Tesla? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 7:55 pm

So far I don't own any AC/DC. I might get the new one because it will be fresh and I won't have any kind of over-saturation as concerns it.

At Wal-Mart the other day I saw this huge AC/DC display. CDs, shirts, just things....very fashionable to like them these days. I remember when they were only liked by dirty, gritty people! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any love for Tesla?   Any love for Tesla? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 8:51 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I agree that you should get them all, scott!! Awesome band. Btw, eyesore, I also own only one AC/DC disc too. I guess I just never got into them since they were always on the radio. Ha. Very Happy
That's exactly why I never bought their albums. I thought I'd heard enough. Big mistake. They're awesome. And I still say that I cannot believe Flick of the Switch wasn't huge. It's full of hits! But I've never heard a single song from that album on the radio.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Any love for Tesla?   Any love for Tesla? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 8:55 pm

The new album is amazing and has resparked my love of them. Not that I ever stopped liking them but they had collected some dust for awhile. However back in full blast.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Any love for Tesla?   Any love for Tesla? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:34 pm

Since I got the new Tesla, I've been re-visting all their old releases and I've got to say there isn't a bad album in the bunch. Sure, there are certain cd's that I might reach for more than others, but overall, a very solid discography.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Any love for Tesla?   Any love for Tesla? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:40 pm

Tesla are not a hair metal band more like a working class band, it is what Bruce Springsteen would sound like if he was in semi metal band. Great band not a bad release in their discography. I even thought that "Bust a Nut" was a solid release )no pun intended) which was ignored at the time of its release. Unfairly tagged hair metal when grunge exploded.

Ironically they had more common with those bands than their own contempories. Saw them open up for David Lee Roth in 1987, great double bill, excellent live band.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Any love for Tesla?   Any love for Tesla? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 9:27 am

This band is really good, saw these guys open for Alice Copper on his Nightmare Returns tour years ago, they were great. I've seen them probably 6 or 7 seven times since. Tesla always play their hearts out live and their newest member Dave Rude is fitting in well and playing well. It is too bad that Tommy couldn't stick around but things change and Tesla made a good choice to be able to continue.

Frank Hannon plays tours when he is not on the road with Tesla and these are killer shows. His band is tight and he shows that he knows his way around a guitar as well as Tommy ever did (my opinion, Frank is the better player of the two) Check him out if you get the chance, I don't think anyone would be dissappointed.

"Forever More" is a solid Tesla album, 12 songs, all good. "I Wanna Live" is the track that stands out most to me but I like them all. I also like that these guys have stayed to their style through the years but will make a song even if it is an old cover tune sound fresh and sound like their own.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Any love for Tesla?   Any love for Tesla? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:34 am

I have one song of theirs in my iPod:Modern Day Cowboy. love that song. but I dont care for much else....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any love for Tesla?   Any love for Tesla? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any love for Tesla?
Page 1 of 1