Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019

Go down 
+13
Wargod
mikeinfla
Boris2008
Wrecked Neck
Required Fields
Lari
glassprison
nevermore
Lurideath
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2019 9:20 pm

nevermore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
nevermore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
And Duke wins the ACC Championship and probably a number one seed in the tournament.

Watched them beat Florida State by 10 points tonight.  This team is formidable with Zion back.

I hate Duke like you hate the Rams!! So I hope they get knocked out of the tournament early!!

Duke seems to be a real polarizing school; people either like them or loathe them, there's no middle ground.

And I loathe them! lol!

Then tonight you are a very happy man!

Weird Final Four; who predicted Auburn, Texas Tech, Virginia and Michigan State? I'm pulling for either Auburn or Texas Tech but it's too bad they're playing each other. I actually don't have any real strong feelings about any of these teams; I just hope we have the same kind of great contests we had this weekend.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 11:38 am

tohostudios wrote:
nevermore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
nevermore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
And Duke wins the ACC Championship and probably a number one seed in the tournament.

Watched them beat Florida State by 10 points tonight.  This team is formidable with Zion back.

I hate Duke like you hate the Rams!! So I hope they get knocked out of the tournament early!!

Duke seems to be a real polarizing school; people either like them or loathe them, there's no middle ground.

And I loathe them! lol!

Then tonight you are a very happy man!

Weird Final Four; who predicted Auburn, Texas Tech, Virginia and Michigan State?  I'm pulling for either Auburn or Texas Tech but it's too bad they're playing each other.  I actually don't have any real strong feelings about any of these teams; I just hope we have the same kind of great contests we had this weekend.

I was soooooo happy!!!! crazy happy
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 2:04 pm

It's very cool, and I guess I'll root for the Texas team. The coach once coached locally at both ACU and McMurry U. (small D-3) so that's something.

That said, it's exciting that someone new or long-suffering will get a title.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 7:14 pm

Watched the Cardinals and Pirates play a marathon "little league" game today.

Wow was this slop-ball. Lots of walks, lots of strikeouts (especially by STL), lots of misplays (so bad the home plate umpire had to leave the game after getting hit multiple times by either missed pitches or fouled off pitches - and the guy who moved to home didn't fare any better as he was hit multiple times too).

The game only went 11 innings but it lasted almost 5 hours and the Cardinals used every non-starting pitcher on the roster. It was so bad they had to put Molina at 3rd for the bottom of the 11th.

Anyway, the Cardinals came back from being down 4-0 in the 7th and 5-4 in the 9th to pull out a big win 6-5 but good grief that was an ugly game. When people complain that baseball is a boring game they point to games like this.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39580

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 7:42 pm

^^^^ I watched the final innings of that mess as well. Poor baseball.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 7:50 pm

Yep! That was like watching a Little League game. And both sides were guilty; I actually felt bad for the umpires.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2019 10:28 am

Watched the Dodgers lose 4 - 2 to the Giants last night.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 5:44 am

Watched the Penguins lose 4-1 to the Red Wings
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 8:12 pm

Watching the Cardinals vs Pirates.

Mikolas is having another rough start but his defense isn't helping him. I think Dexter Fowler has to go. He's already made an error tonight and "lollygagged" on another play that turned a double into a triple and cost a run. Same thing for Ozuna who is already "hurt" again half a dozen games into the season, not from being hit by a pitch or for anything game-related but a sore side. Puhleeeze!!! Maybe try an off-season training regimen for a change you lazy bastard.

Both of those guys need to go! Eat the contracts and let the young guys who actually "TRY" play.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 10:03 pm

Does any team in MLB have a reliable bullpen?

Earlier today I watched both the Nats and Phillies bullpens implode against each other. And now I'm watching the Pirates bullpen blow a great start by Taillon. And I already know the Cardinal bullpen sucks.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 10:09 pm

And hey 007, as the resident Pirates fan around here, what's up with the Ric Flair "Wooo" chants late in Pirate games???  

I heard that here last year and in Cincinnati too.  Only two places I remember and it's always late in games and for no apparent reason.  Like tonight I'm just hearing it now in the 10 inning.  Last game it was in about the 8th.  And one time the Pirates were leading and tonight it's tied; I don't see any logic to when the WOOO chants start but Monday afternoon even the Cardinal announcers said something about "...and here come the Pittsburgh Ric Flair "woo" chants."

WTH is up with that?  Any idea?

EDIT: Whew! Another one-run, extra-inning win in Pittsburgh. Man all 6 games the Cardinals have played this season have been nailbiters.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 6:18 am

I have no idea why or how that whip Hell started. It's very annoying. And I've been to quite a few Pirate games (already have 3 games purchased for the season) and have never had one of those jackasses around me.

As for the game, I'm seeing a disturbing trend with the Pirates. Starting pitcher is doing rather well. Hurdle, for whatever reason, decided to pull starting pitcher. The bullpencil comes in and promptly coughs up lead while an already anemic offense gets even more stagnant and a possible victory turns into an assured loss.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 9:29 am

tohostudios wrote:
And hey 007, as the resident Pirates fan around here, what's up with the Ric Flair "Wooo" chants late in Pirate games???  

I heard that here last year and in Cincinnati too.  Only two places I remember and it's always late in games and for no apparent reason.  Like tonight I'm just hearing it now in the 10 inning.  Last game it was in about the 8th.  And one time the Pirates were leading and tonight it's tied; I don't see any logic to when the WOOO chants start but Monday afternoon even the Cardinal announcers said something about "...and here come the Pittsburgh Ric Flair "woo" chants."

WTH is up with that?  Any idea?

EDIT:  Whew!  Another one-run, extra-inning win in Pittsburgh.  Man all 6 games the Cardinals have played this season have been nailbiters.  

It's not limited to Pittsburgh. I heard fans doing it at Flyers and Sixers games this season too. Have no idea why. Just fans being obnoxious I guess.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 11:59 pm

I saw the Washington Capitals beat the Canadiens 2-1.

I also saw the very end of the game between the Carolina Hurricanes and New Jersey Devils. Carolina won 3-1. With the win, Carolina clinched their first playoff berth in 10 years. After a decade full of headaches, the Hurricanes finished off the decade with a reason to cheer. (I know, the season has one game left, and then the playoffs, but you know what I mean with this.) I was really happy to see them lock up a berth for their fanbase.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2019 7:27 pm

Watched the Cardinals lose 5-3 as the bullpen gave up all 5 runs.

But Paul Goldschmidt homered in his home debut to cement his popularity with Cardinal fans.  He gave the most understated "curtain call" I've ever seen when he just barely poked his hand over the rim of the dugout.  He's so "understated" and is not comfortable in the spotlight which is refreshing but a shame at the same time because he's so good.

If he keeps up the numbers he put up in Arizona and keeps that attitude, he'll really be popular here. He reminds me of Willie McGee if McGee had had more power. And you should have heard the ovation for McGee during the pre-game festivities today; he's still beloved here. Midwest people like the combination of athletic prowess/productivity and humility and Goldschmidt seems to have both in spades. I always knew he was a great player but I didn't know his personality was like this. He could easily become a favorite of me and many other Cardinals fans since we signed him to a 5 year contract.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2019 9:56 pm

tohostudios wrote:

But Paul Goldschmidt homered in his home debut to cement his popularity with Cardinal fans.  He gave the most understated "curtain call" I've ever seen when he just barely poked his hand over the rim of the dugout.  He's so "understated" and is not comfortable in the spotlight which is refreshing but a shame at the same time because he's so good.

If he keeps up the numbers he put up in Arizona and keeps that attitude, he'll really be popular here.  He reminds me of Willie McGee if McGee had had more power.  And you should have heard the ovation for McGee during the pre-game festivities today; he's still beloved here.  Midwest people like the combination of athletic prowess/productivity and humility and Goldschmidt seems to have both in spades.  I always knew he was a great player but I didn't know his personality was like this.  He could easily become a favorite of me and many other Cardinals fans since we signed him to a 5 year contract.

I've always mildly hated (Smile) Willie McGee. Eddie Murray is my favorite player...so can you figure out why?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2019 10:08 pm

I just saw the end of the hockey game between the Columbus Blue Jackets and the New York Rangers.

Columbus won the game 3-2 in a shootout, and clinched a playoff spot. They are the last team to lock up a playoff berth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2019 10:22 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

If he keeps up the numbers he put up in Arizona and keeps that attitude, he'll really be popular here.  He reminds me of Willie McGee if McGee had had more power.  And you should have heard the ovation for McGee during the pre-game festivities today; he's still beloved here.  Midwest people like the combination of athletic prowess/productivity and humility and Goldschmidt seems to have both in spades.  I always knew he was a great player but I didn't know his personality was like this.  He could easily become a favorite of me and many other Cardinals fans since we signed him to a 5 year contract.

I've always mildly hated (Smile) Willie McGee. Eddie Murray is my favorite player...so can you figure out why?

Why you've always "mildly hated" Willie McGee or why Eddie Murray is your favorite player?

I can understand the latter but I'm at a loss for the former...

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 10:26 am

Why I "hate" Willie McGee. There's a connection...sort of...

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 8:12 pm

Auburn vs Virginia

Holy crap, what an ending to this game!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 9:53 pm

Now watching Michigan State vs Texas Tech

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 4:54 pm

Those two games were great! I love that we're going to crown a new champ no matter what, but I'm pulling for Texas team!

TOHO  - Why I "HATE" Willie McGee Smile
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 6:49 pm

No idea.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 6:57 pm

Watched the Cards salvage the third game against the Padres. Wainwright looked more like his old self going 6 innings and allowing one run while fanning 9 and walking none. Cards won 4-1.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 8:32 pm

tohostudios wrote:
No idea.

Willie McGee "stole" a batting title from Eddie Murray. Eddie Murray has the weird distinction of leading ALL of MLB in batting, but not winning a batting title because 5/6 of the way through the season McGee (batting .335) was traded to the AL...and his NL batting average froze at .335 with enough plate appearances to qualify. However, he didn't hit as well in the AL and his overall average was .324. Meanwhile, in the AL George Brett won the title with a .329 average. Murray finished the season with a .330 average...highest in the Majors for everyone, but below the frozen .335 that McGee had while in the NL...thus denying my favorite player ever a chance for his only batting title.

So I don't really hate McGee, just the scenario that he was a part of.

McGee was, however, one of the goofiest looking dudes ever.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019
Page 9 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: