Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragonforce Opinion

Go down 
+36
Grundapants
Joe
A Handful of Wayne
bassman
7thSaviour
metalhead777
Muloc7253
shamgar75
Mortuary
EvyMetal
Stender
White_Mage
tohostudios
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
spiritoradio
TheGooch
Thrasher73
kmorg
the sentinel
KissinMaiden
stepcousin
GrandNational
MetalGuy71
Olafsto
caniplaywithmadness?
ultmetal
ghost
Invader
Rex
Smindas
MoonChild
mc666
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Dragonforce Opinion
Fan Of Their Music
Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Vote_lcap32%Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 32% [ 21 ]
They're OK
Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Vote_lcap31%Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 31% [ 20 ]
Not My Thing
Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Vote_lcap9%Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 6 ]
Don't Particularly Care For Them
Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Vote_lcap17%Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 11 ]
They Suck!
Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 65

AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce Opinion   Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 9:53 am

i just cant stand dragonforce at all. IMo they kinda suck
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce Opinion   Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 9:55 am

TheGooch wrote:
IMo they kinda suck

There's no "kinda" about it. They really do suck. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce Opinion   Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 4:20 pm

A very funny thing on dragonforce:
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce Opinion   Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 4:30 pm

?????? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce Opinion   Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 4:54 pm

Laughing very hard that was hilarious

"tell your friends Herman Li is cool or I'll Sh*t on your head"
Back to top Go down
Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce Opinion   Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 8:37 pm

I can do without.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce Opinion   Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 11:31 pm

I love Dragonforce. Power metal really fast. Not typical I know and the purists who love Power Metal hate this band, but they sound good. I know I'll take heat on this, but it's fun and enjoyable to listen too.

On a side note, try playing Dragonforce on Guitar Hero 3 - virtually impossible.

Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 56834
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce Opinion   Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 3:52 am

I love 'em. Only have their latest, but it's an awesome album, and not as generic as everyone makes out.

'Revolution Deathsquad' and 'Trail of Broken Hearts' are my favourite songs.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce Opinion   Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 9:12 am

Stender wrote:
Okay, I wont say that every song sounds the same (even though thats fairly the truth) because I think thats been well established. One thing is that there material is very hooky which has me coming back for more despite the originality issues. When they came out back in 1999 They were new and innovative but I have to say their charm has worn off. This band is great and I will still listen to them but it just pisses me off how a powermetal band has become so popular with the public and general non-metal listening majority when I can think of at least 5 other powermetal bands that deserve to be on "Guitar Hero III" then them. Its stupid to because the thing is, Dragonforce will be the only power metal band to ever see a song on a Guitar hero game. The only band that has a possibility at that would maybe be Cellador. Half the people that call themselves DF fans dont even know what powermetal is! Whats the world coming too, one of the least trendy genres of music is becoming poplurized by this band Dragonforce. Next thing you know Herman Lee is going to be wearing Hollister California clothing.

I can understand and agree with you...partially. Yes there are power metal bands more worthy of that attention but at least one a power metal band in general is bringing others to metal. Bands like Dragonforce and Trivium may not be the best out there but they're presence gives this 17 year metal vetran hope for the state of metal. Just the fact that power metal has at least one band in the mainstream is good for metal over all. Also just think how many people on the Dragonforce band wagon will be introduced to other bands. These mainsteam metal bands are gateways to other bands that are even better. Let's say someone gets into Dragonforce and hears the term power metal. He then decides he likes this and seeks out other bands, then the next thing you know he's listening to Hammerfall, Helloween, Primal Fear, Gamma Ray, etc. and you got another brother joining the metal army.

When Metallica released the Black Album, it was not as good as the previous releases but it got more mainstream attention than they did. Most metal fans were discusted and some, even til this day, despise that album. However it was that album and the video for Enter Sandman that got me into metal in the first place. Despite it not being as good and more polished than previous releases and many metal fans hating it, it was a gateway album and people like me would have not become the metal heads we are today if it wasn't for that album. So yeah, other power metal bands are more worthy of that attention, but I believe it is better to have one band out there to bring others to metal than none at all.

As someone once said, "Any publicity is good publicity."
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce Opinion   Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 5:01 pm

i love everything from them and powerquest
if you dont know what powerqquest is its a band started by there former keyboardist .there first 3 albums where produced by sam it sounds like dragonforce just NOT SO FAST!!!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce Opinion   Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 4:46 pm

I am very glad to see that the majority of responses to this poll are favorable towards this band whom I've seen play live twice and have personally met! Great guys both on and off stage. I will go see them every chance I get from now on!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce Opinion   Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:47 am

I'll be reviewing the second Dragonforce CD on NLTM in my next update. I would never deny that these guys are extremely talented and have stamina, if they can pull off their speed live. Their guitarist seem to be extremely talented and write some inventive solos. However, much like the rest of their catalog the sameness of the material makes for a rather ho-hum listen. The songs all tend to be longer than they need to be and with the lack of variety in tempos, it's quite labor-some to listen to in one sitting IMO.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce Opinion   Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 12:29 pm

Don't really care for them, not that they're not talented. I don't like the vocals or the guitar tones. Mostly the guitars sound so fake and overly processed that it sounds like video game music to me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce Opinion   Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 12:32 pm

I stand by my statements earlier in this thread. Talented bunch, amazing players, not an ounce of soul.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce Opinion   Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 12:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I stand by my statements earlier in this thread. Talented bunch, amazing players, not an ounce of soul.

Agreed x 1000
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce Opinion   Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 12:40 pm

Did they ever find a new singer? They were looking for a new guy, weren't they?

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce Opinion   Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:16 pm

Haven't heard anything. I bet its all a bunch of bull and the original guy will come back. It's funny how we haven't heard from him ever since.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce Opinion   Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:56 pm

I went the "Don't particularly care for them" route. I was being nice.
Back to top Go down
Grundapants
Metal novice
Metal novice
Grundapants

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce Opinion   Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 2:15 pm

When through the valley of the damned came out i thought that they were quite refreshing abd i didnt mind them but every song since that album has sounded the same, they are ok in small doses. But one thing you have to give them credit for is they are amazing musicians!
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce Opinion   Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 11:53 pm

I can deifnitely understand why some find them repetitive, but they don't come across that way to me at all, I like them well enough, though I do find it easier to appreciate them when I listen to only a few of they're songs at a time, rather then trying to listen to one of they're albums all the way through, which is admittedly kinda exhausting! LOL
Back to top Go down
Sinistar
Metal student
Metal student
Sinistar

Number of posts : 141

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce Opinion   Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:14 pm

I like them.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce Opinion   Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 9:42 am

I think my ears have only heard a tune or two. If that. Interesting how opinion(s) dictate similar conclusion(s). The players are talented, songs/tempo unvaried, and no emotion in their playing. Believe it or not, I wasn't interested by the name.

If they were to go and record in an old school strictly analog studio and do a covers album of songs that I picked. Well then I'd have reason to wanna listen and have something honest to actually judge any merit they may pocess.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce Opinion   Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 12:23 pm

James B. wrote:

If they were to go and record in an old school strictly analog studio and do a covers album of songs that I picked. Well then I'd have reason to wanna listen and have something honest to actually judge any merit they may pocess.

and mixed on an old Neve console?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce Opinion   Dragonforce Opinion - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragonforce Opinion
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3