Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them?

Go down 
+19
Vordul
scottmitchell74
Stender
tohostudios
manny
powermacho
Lurideath
Schbopo
mc666
TH Joe
skullsmasher
kmorg
ultmetal
Troublezone
Olafsto
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
MetalRob331
Gilbert
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them? Empty
PostSubject: Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them?   Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:05 am

Everybody talks about dragonforce. Magz have features about them. I listened to their music:is it truely speed/power metal? I had the feeling it was more of a video game music. Weird...
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them?   Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:45 am

I really only heard one song from them that I liked. I have given them many chances and I have tried to like them. The melodies are too similar and you really seem to wonder what song you are listening to. If the band would get away from all the studio wankery and just write some quality music, I would probably dig them more.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them?   Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:58 am

I don't care much for 'em either. I've always said they sound like someone playing a Helloween record at the wrong speed.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them?   Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:03 am

Gilbert wrote:
Everybody talks about dragonforce. Magz have features about them. I listened to their music:is it truely speed/power metal? I had the feeling it was more of a video game music. Weird...

Trust me, there is no shortage of Dragonforce hate on this board.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them?   Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:27 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Trust me, there is no shortage of Dragonforce hate on this board.

lol!
More hate than love for sure.
I like them ok, but have to be in the right mood to listen to them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them?   Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:42 am

I don't like them.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them?   Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 11:04 am

They're ok. Their speed and chops are amazing. However, I tend to agree that their songs don't seem to have much charisma. They all blend together and it's hard to tell one song from the next.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them?   Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 am

What I have against DragonForce is more somethnig I have against their non-metal fans. I can't believe why someone can say they enjoy DragonForce, and not be into bands like Running Wild, Brainstorm etc. I just hate the fact that a second rate power/speed metal band, that canæt even pull their own songs off live, gets all the attention, when so many other better bands never gets any recognition.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them?   Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 1:00 pm

kmorg wrote:
What I have against DragonForce is more somethnig I have against their non-metal fans. I can't believe why someone can say they enjoy DragonForce, and not be into bands like Running Wild, Brainstorm etc. I just hate the fact that a second rate power/speed metal band, that canæt even pull their own songs off live, gets all the attention, when so many other better bands never gets any recognition.

AAAAAAAA-men brutha Kurt! Preach ON! 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them?   Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 1:44 pm

The band has no soul. All technique, no feeling.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them?   Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:03 pm

I like them well enough and have seen them live a couple times. I have all of their music for some reason but really cant tell one song from the next. High speed wanking is what they do best and they are very good at it but after a song or two it all seems to blend together. I understand the points made above and agree with them for the most part but I don't hate them. These guys can play very well techniclly but I have never heard any soul or feeling in their music. The video game is what has really made them what they are today, without that they would be playing clubs as an opening act and all these people out there whould hear them and say WTF is that or in most cases never hear them at all. The mainstream media sees that we only hear what they want us to, the small minority, like folks here at this site will look deeper to find the real meat and potatos to the metal/hard rock world and get the real substance - most are content with the icing.

I believe there is some amazing talent in this band but I really dont think that we will ever really hear much of it. Their days are numbered, when the new flavor of the month comes along the people will say "Yeah I used to like that band, What ever happened to them"
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them?   Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:12 pm

I like Dragonforce. I just don't understand why they're so famous. I know people who listen to them who don't even know about Helloween, Gamma Ray, or Blind Guardian? What the heck? Dragonforce is the power metal version of Metallica. I don't get it.
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them?   Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:17 pm

kmorg wrote:

Amen, Brother! I saw your statement after I made my comment.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them?   Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 3:45 pm

i don't actually dislike them, i just don't get the hype.

Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them?   Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 3:53 pm

I think they suck a righteous load of popsicles.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them?   Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 4:27 pm

I think they are very proficient players with loads of technique and capabilities, but like some of you mentioned, there is no feeling.

I don't have anything against them, but I think they should mellow a bit on the songs and write some good memorable stuff. I don't think they are great but I don't hate them either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them?   Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 4:33 pm

Demo = Good
1st Album = Good
2nd Album = too much alike to the 1st Album
3rd Album = a mixture between the 1st and 2nd albums
4th Album = Haven't bothered listening to it, so I can't comment

They aint a bad band by any stretch of the imagination but after the debut album, they didn't offer anything new.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them?   Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 4:35 pm

I saw DRAGONFORCE live last year, and let me tell you that the solos from guitar and keyboard are not played live. I was behind the guy that is in charge of the sounds, and he had a computer which had every single solo and some riffs from the show. They also had the fast drumming on the computer.

I don't know if many bands do it, but it is to be expected from a band that it's supossed to play fast.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them?   Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 4:39 pm

Great musicians who play with as much soul as a corpse
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them?   Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 5:05 pm

I don't hate Dragonforce; I just find them repetitive and boring.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them?   Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 6:48 pm

I dont even think they are that competent of players...I mean they cant even play live like kmorg said. For being somebody that was aware of the band around when Valley of the damned came out I never once thought they would break into the mainstream. I remember right around the time of their ozzfest debut and overnight fame, random kids would ask if I had heard of Dragonforce...and I was like "how do you even know about that band"?

I can honestly say the most talented member of DF is probably their vocalist. More songs like "Trail of broken hearts" and they would be pretty cool IMO.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them?   Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 6:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them?   Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:53 pm

powermacho wrote:
I saw DRAGONFORCE live last year, and let me tell you that the solos from guitar and keyboard are not played live. I was behind the guy that is in charge of the sounds, and he had a computer which had every single solo and some riffs from the show. They also had the fast drumming on the computer.

I don't know if many bands do it, but it is to be expected from a band that it's supossed to play fast.

That doesn't surprise me at all. (I have suspicions that Rhapsody use the same tricks live)...just listen to the drums on any DragonForce song. There is no way possible that a human being is playing all of those drums unless he's got eighteen legs!!

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them?   Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 10:45 am

I like them.

It makes sense. I have no problems with boob-jobs. The end result is what matters for me. I like fluff, and I don't care how the result is created. I'm very shallow.
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them?   Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 11:28 am

they should die a slow painful DEATH..................... :kickbutt:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them?   Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragonforce: am i the only one to dislike them?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next