Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+17
James B.
exact33
manny
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
Eyesore
Boris2008
ResedaCountryClub
Fat Freddy
assault_attack
Gilbert
Thrasher73
Lurideath
Troublezone
Dark Horseman
Lari
Temple of Blood
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2021 11:29 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
manny wrote:
I am sure that dude was forced out but notice that the Queensryche camp said he was fired, he was on leave for personal reasons and they have been saying that for years, I think they just wanted Scott to get his shit together, instead it seems like their personal relations went sour over the course of time. I agree Todd does not have any rights to the name, let alone sell anyone's personal items.

I don't know. If Scott Rockenfield leaves some drumsticks at my house or whatever, I'd start looking at eBay a lot sooner than Todd did. Haha.

Something tells me Scott has some personal issues (drugs, alcohol, health, whatever), and now he wants back in but the band doesn't think he's ready or something, so now he's gone off the deep end. I've seen enough interviews with the guy over the decades, and none of his recent posts seem like the same person. Something is up, that's for sure.

You could be on to something there. For what it's worth, Tate said this regarding Scott about a year ago...

Quote :
"But I don't know if Scott will ever play drums again. He has a lot of medical problems and things like that now. So yeah, I don't know."

Tate told 88.1FM WESU's weekly syndicated radio show "Noize In The Attic" that he was "pretty sure" Scott "didn't leave" QUEENSRŸCHE of his own accord. "I can tell you that there's lawsuits involved; I know that," he said. "He's in kind of a really dark place, and I hope he gets some help, 'cause he's really unraveled, you know? In my opinion. It's too bad — he's an incredibly talented drummer, and unfortunately, he never was happy with that. It wasn't good enough for him."

Yeah, I remember that. Really is a shame, because Scott is a brilliant drummer. Normally I don't notice things drummers do that make other people declare them to be amazing. (John Bonham? Meh.) But I notice all those cool fills and shit that Rockenfield does. No one else does that.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2021 12:00 pm

No emails from Rockenfield's "Join the Legion!" thing yet. I'm kinda disappointed. I figured I'd at least get some interesting spam out of it Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2021 2:52 pm

Maybe now we know why Geoff spit at Scott.

Scott could be a big shit talker. Just seeing the way he conducts himself with his 4 year absence and his bogus website...
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2021 12:16 pm

manny wrote:
what Todd La Torre is not listed as a member, and now Scott Rockenfield is going to form his own scab version of Queensryche, maybe Geoff Tate really was not the douche bag after all.

i doubt that after seeing Tate's EPK. I think QR is going for the world record of number of bands splitting to form another version of the same band.... I bet Great White(s) are mad now and trying to figure how to have an argument and split into a third band...

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2021 2:48 pm

exact33 wrote:
manny wrote:
what Todd La Torre is not listed as a member, and now Scott Rockenfield is going to form his own scab version of Queensryche, maybe Geoff Tate really was not the douche bag after all.

i doubt that after seeing Tate's EPK. I think QR is going for the world record of number of bands splitting to form another version of the same band.... I bet Great White(s) are mad now and trying to figure how to have an argument and split into a third band...

I think LA Guns will have that record for a while.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2021 3:02 pm

Just imagine...

Add in Penny Saver, "World renowned rhythm section available for immediate studio and touring work. Call and or text to (555) 555-5555, ask for Scott or Dave"

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2021 4:34 pm

James B. wrote:
Just imagine...

Add in Penny Saver, "World renowned rhythm section available for immediate studio and touring work.  Call and or text to (555) 555-5555, ask for Scott or Dave"

Side note: Serious only please. No jerk-offs! Oh wait... Laughing very hard

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri May 28, 2021 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2021 3:15 pm

Mike Stone just played a show with them. Not sure what that means, if Parker is out of the band or whatever, but...interesting. Could be that he just couldn't get the day off from work or something. Haha.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 10:51 pm

This whole thing is really weird and has been weird since Geoff left. This band always seemed to be the most focused and straight headed band. They always came across as intelligent in interviews too but these last few years its almost like its not even the same people. I remember that weird interview they did on That Metal Show and they all wore sun glasses indoors like they didn't want to look at the cameras for some reason. They've been hiding a lot more shit than any of us know and its probably worse than any of the speculations. Scott seems like he needs to be put in a looney bin and its a shame. These guys are too old for this childish shit and all it has done is ruined the bands name. If they are trying to draw interest on something this is really a bad way to do it.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2021 12:16 pm

The newer material has been pretty strong. If they want to act like a back-biting, dysfunctional quasi-family then more power to them...

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2021 9:15 pm

exact33 wrote:
The newer material has been pretty strong. If they want to act like a back-biting, dysfunctional quasi-family then more power to them...

Exactly. They can do what they want, but as long as they put out good music, I don't give a crap what they do otherwise. Haha.

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2021 11:23 am

The new stuff has been ok. I haven't went back much and listened to it cause it's still missing something to me.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2021 1:12 pm

The stuff with La Torre is good, but they haven’t written anything memorable like the old GT days.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2021 4:50 pm

I listen to The Verdict (their 3rd album w/Todd) quite frequently. It took them a while to find their groove w/Todd but now they're up and running just fine.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2021 4:45 pm

Troublezone wrote:
The stuff with La Torre is good, but they haven’t written anything memorable like the old GT days.

Because we're not young anymore. Very few bands put out albums these days that do for me what their albums did when I was younger, and I don't think that has anything to do with the quality of music.

Often, anyway. Obviously some bands just suck now. Haha.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2021 5:30 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Because we're not young anymore. Very few bands put out albums these days that do for me what their albums did when I was younger, and I don't think that has anything to do with the quality of music.

I hate how we lose that new and fresh outlook on music when we age. Not to say I don’t enjoy it anymore... It’s just harder to find stuff that stands out.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2021 5:43 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I hate how we lose that new and fresh outlook on music when we age. Not to say I don’t enjoy it anymore... It’s just harder to find stuff that stands out.

Yeah, it's a shame, but we've just experienced life. Some bands still blow me away, but even then it's not quite the same.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2021 7:59 pm

At this point, I’ve experienced pretty much every musical genre and sub-genre. All I can hope for is music with great songwriting and feeling.

I’m very happy with Michael Sweet’s vocals with Sunbomb. The forthcoming Exodus album is hyped to be the magnum opus. We’ll see...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2021 6:11 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Lurideath wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Lurideath wrote:
I just listened to an interview with Scott. He has not left. He was spending time with his family. All the drums were recorded by Todd

So what are Scott's future plans with QR then?  Any shows or recording?

From the interview I heard, he will be back when the touring starts. I'll find the interview.

I personally wouldn't bet on it.

Looks like my prediction was accurate.

Of course bands lie about what's really going on behind the scenes. You could fill a library with all the lies that bands say to the press.

It'll all come out eventually.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2021 6:15 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Mike Stone just played a show with them. Not sure what that means, if Parker is out of the band or whatever, but...interesting. Could be that he just couldn't get the day off from work or something. Haha.

Not a single person will miss Parker.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2021 9:52 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

DeGarmo was a part of the “chemistry”. No replacement had that.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 1:34 pm

Ooh! Ooh! I got my first email from Rockenfield's "QR21" site!
(opens email) So that's it, huh Scott? ...big deal. Laughing very hard

Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 20210610

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 2:11 pm

Made with Wix. Nice!

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 2:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Ooh! Ooh! I got my first email from Rockenfield's "QR21" site!
(opens email) So that's it, huh Scott? ...big deal. Laughing very hard

Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 20210610

Like Ralphie from A Christmas Story waiting to get the “message” from the decoder toy.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 2:28 pm

Quote :
Made with Wix. Nice!

Clearly, Scott's new campaign is sparing no expense! Laughing very hard

Quote :
Like Ralphie from A Christmas Story waiting to get the “message” from the decoder toy.

"A lousy commercial? (pause) Son of a bitch!" Very Happy

Quote :

Parker who? Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next