Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+17
James B.
exact33
manny
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
Eyesore
Boris2008
ResedaCountryClub
Fat Freddy
assault_attack
Gilbert
Thrasher73
Lurideath
Troublezone
Dark Horseman
Lari
Temple of Blood
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 10:25 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Maybe he thought the albums would be better with Todd.  He tried two of them, so he gave it a good go.  Maybe more of the same was as uninspiring to him (who would have to put a lot of work into them) as they are to many of us.

Agreed about him perhaps enjoying family life at this age and perhaps focusing on scoring work that he can do at home time permitting.

BTW, does anyone who like ToddRyche enjoy that Soulbender album that Wilson made?

The albums with Todd are very good, both with a number of excellent songs. Compared to everything from Q2K to Dedicated to Chaos, they're absolute masterpieces! Haha. I can't imagine that's why Scott left, if he did.

As for Soulbender, it's okay. Not bad by any means, but not great. I do think the song "Three Towers" would have fit well on a Queensryche album, one of the post-Degarmo/pre-LaTorre albums. Really good tune.

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 1:39 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Asking "When is Scott coming back?" has become a running gag on Queensryche's Facebook page. Whenever the band posts something, you can count on at least one comment that says "Where's Scott?" or "What is Scott up to?" ... which is never answered.

In their defense, I bet they don't know the answer.

Maybe he'll come back to earn some $$$ from touring though?  We all know new metal albums don't earn any.

They have actually replied a few times, saying that he has not left the band, has no plans to, but they're not sure what the deal is yet. He's not been divorced from them or anything. His break from them has just lasted longer than anticipated, they said. They've all remained in contact, but apparently neither he nor they had a concrete answer at the time.

From what I've heard, though, there is footage of him recording with them in the studio for the new album.

But Todd has stated plainly that Scott did not play on the album.

Did he? When? I only read where he said people will have to wait and see.

It was on Blabbermouth a few months ago. He said A- Scott did not play on it and B- only members of Queensryche are playing on the album. I put 2 and 2 together and assumed Todd was playing drums on the album since he was a drummer.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 2:51 pm

Yeah, he's been a drummer far longer than he's been a singer.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 9:17 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Asking "When is Scott coming back?" has become a running gag on Queensryche's Facebook page. Whenever the band posts something, you can count on at least one comment that says "Where's Scott?" or "What is Scott up to?" ... which is never answered.

In their defense, I bet they don't know the answer.

Maybe he'll come back to earn some $$$ from touring though?  We all know new metal albums don't earn any.

They have actually replied a few times, saying that he has not left the band, has no plans to, but they're not sure what the deal is yet. He's not been divorced from them or anything. His break from them has just lasted longer than anticipated, they said. They've all remained in contact, but apparently neither he nor they had a concrete answer at the time.

From what I've heard, though, there is footage of him recording with them in the studio for the new album.

But Todd has stated plainly that Scott did not play on the album.

Did he? When? I only read where he said people will have to wait and see.

It was on Blabbermouth a few months ago. He said A- Scott did not play on it and B- only members of Queensryche are playing on the album. I put 2 and 2 together and assumed Todd was playing drums on the album since he was a drummer.

He said the second thing, not the first. I just read it the other day when I went looking for where he said Scott didn't play the drums.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/who-played-drums-on-queensryches-upcoming-album-todd-la-torre-responds

Either way, at this point everything seems to suggest Scott is out. Or maybe he did play on the album but won't tour. Or maybe they're just keeping silent to drum up (no pun intended) publicity. Seems doubtful, but you never know.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 8:19 pm

Well, this is getting interesting...

QUEENSRŸCHE's TODD LA TORRE Is Selling Drum Sticks Used By SCOTT ROCKENFIELD During Recording Of 2013 Album

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/queensryches-todd-la-torre-is-selling-drum-sticks-used-by-scott-rockenfield-during-recording-of-2013-album

And then...

Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Ohshit10

[insert popcorn-eating GIF]
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2021 2:05 am

The drama with this band is crazy. But entertaining!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2021 2:22 am

How is the Queensryche book coming along? That should be an interesting read.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2021 2:44 am

I really hope someone makes a good movie about Queensryche.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2021 9:31 am

Scott writes like a drunk toddler.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2021 9:36 am

Scott Rockenfield has his own "Queensryche 2021" web site up and running. What does it mean? Your guess is as good as mine, cuz it's a jumbled mess. 

For whatever it's worth, Jackson and Wilton are listed as "The Band" on this site along w/Rockenfield, but... no La Torre.

https://www.queensryche2021.com/

I couldn't resist, I have a "burner" e-mail account that I use when a site asks me to sign up for mailing lists/etc. so I gave it to 'em for this "Join the Legion!" thing, just out of curiosity.

As yet, I have received no messages, but who knows, it might be entertaining to be in on the ground floor of the next potential Queensryche clusterf**k. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon May 17, 2021 12:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2021 9:45 am

Rockenfield could clear up all this nonsense in one simple Facebook post. Instead he puts out all this cryptic bullshit. Are you in or out of the band Scott? Yes or no. F*ck this douchebag.

Fat Freddy and Temple of Blood like this post

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2021 12:48 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I really hope someone makes a good movie about Queensryche.

With the amount of drama in this band, it would have to be a six hour mini-series to do it justice. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2021 2:18 pm

what Todd La Torre is not listed as a member, and now Scott Rockenfield is going to form his own scab version of Queensryche, maybe Geoff Tate really was not the douche bag after all.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2021 2:38 pm

I’d like to know if Eddie and Michael really jumped ship to join Scott.

I’m surprised no one has asked them. If true, that’s a pretty low backstabbing!

Either they know Scott has the rights to the name and brand, or they are jealous of Todd’s solo success and the attention he gets.

Who the hell are they gonna get to sing that is better than Todd or Geoff Tate? Laughing

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2021 2:55 pm

Scott Rockenfield is an unhinged crackpot. The dude disappeared for 4 plus years with no updates or communication with his band or fans, and now he just pops up out of the blue and sets up a mysterious website that claims to be Queensryche. No direct addressing of the non-inclusion of Todd La Torre or any real info.

Could be a drummer thing... remember that Bobby Blotzer fiasco? Laughing very hard

At least Blotzer spoke direct comments to the media and made it clear why he was doing his version of Ratt.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2021 3:11 pm

Something definitely seem off about Scott. Like he posts while drunk or high. It's just a jumbled mess, and his website looks like it was created in 1998, optimized for Netscape.

It's just weird. Obviously he seems to have an issue with Todd, but there's no way a new vocalist, someone with absolutely no rights to the brand or anything could force Scott out of the band. So either the other guys did it, or he left for other reasons. Maybe he's got some drug issues that no one knew about, maybe that health issue that Geoff alluded to, and now he wants back in but doesn't have his shit together? Who knows?

He's definitely not coming off very sane right now.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2021 3:11 pm

Oh, and you can buy a demo of "Toxic Remedy" on his site right now for $1.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2021 3:47 pm

Quote :
Something definitely seem off about Scott. Like he posts while drunk or high.

Wasn't his "leave of absence" due to the birth of his child? That kid would be about four now. Maybe he just hasn't slept in four years. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2021 4:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Wasn't his "leave of absence" due to the birth of his child? That kid would be about four now. Maybe he just hasn't slept in four years. Laughing very hard

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2021 4:01 pm

Time for Scott Rockenchair to just collect royalties and step aside.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2021 7:02 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Supposedly, yes, and by the pics on his page his kid does seem to be about that age.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2021 7:09 pm

Scott and Tate apparently share the same taste in hats
...Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Fb_img13

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2021 6:14 am

I am sure that dude was forced out but notice that the Queensryche camp said he was fired, he was on leave for personal reasons and they have been saying that for years, I think they just wanted Scott to get his shit together, instead it seems like their personal relations went sour over the course of time. I agree Todd does not have any rights to the name, let alone sell anyone's personal items.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2021 10:01 am

manny wrote:
I am sure that dude was forced out but notice that the Queensryche camp said he was fired, he was on leave for personal reasons and they have been saying that for years, I think they just wanted Scott to get his shit together, instead it seems like their personal relations went sour over the course of time. I agree Todd does not have any rights to the name, let alone sell anyone's personal items.

I don't know. If Scott Rockenfield leaves some drumsticks at my house or whatever, I'd start looking at eBay a lot sooner than Todd did. Haha.

Something tells me Scott has some personal issues (drugs, alcohol, health, whatever), and now he wants back in but the band doesn't think he's ready or something, so now he's gone off the deep end. I've seen enough interviews with the guy over the decades, and none of his recent posts seem like the same person. Something is up, that's for sure.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2021 10:46 am

Eyesore wrote:
manny wrote:

I don't know. If Scott Rockenfield leaves some drumsticks at my house or whatever, I'd start looking at eBay a lot sooner than Todd did. Haha.

Something tells me Scott has some personal issues (drugs, alcohol, health, whatever), and now he wants back in but the band doesn't think he's ready or something, so now he's gone off the deep end. I've seen enough interviews with the guy over the decades, and none of his recent posts seem like the same person. Something is up, that's for sure.

You could be on to something there. For what it's worth, Tate said this regarding Scott about a year ago...

Quote :
"But I don't know if Scott will ever play drums again. He has a lot of medical problems and things like that now. So yeah, I don't know."

Tate told 88.1FM WESU's weekly syndicated radio show "Noize In The Attic" that he was "pretty sure" Scott "didn't leave" QUEENSRŸCHE of his own accord. "I can tell you that there's lawsuits involved; I know that," he said. "He's in kind of a really dark place, and I hope he gets some help, 'cause he's really unraveled, you know? In my opinion. It's too bad — he's an incredibly talented drummer, and unfortunately, he never was happy with that. It wasn't good enough for him."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next