Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+17
James B.
exact33
manny
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
Eyesore
Boris2008
ResedaCountryClub
Fat Freddy
assault_attack
Gilbert
Thrasher73
Lurideath
Troublezone
Dark Horseman
Lari
Temple of Blood
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2022 11:18 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
I don’t care what Todd thinks or believes, I just hate his condescending attitude.

Yet it's weird that pretty much everyone who dislike him are conservative. Not trying to turn this political, but I think the correlation there is valid. He's clearly very liberal, and that, I think, colors your opinion of him. I have never seen him as condescending. He seems like a pretty nice dude, actually. I don't get it.

Well the same can be be said of Ted Nugent or any other well known musician that is conservative. Most of their haters are far left Libs. It’s nothing new… except I’ve noticed that the hardcore Libs are way more insulting and intolerant. Part of that is that the social media outlets will immediately ban or cancel a conservative that violates the online rules of conduct. But I’ve seen left wing people get a pass (or a basic slap on the wrist).

Regarding Todd and his condescending attitude… I’ve seen it plenty regarding his rants about the unvaccinated.

Don't think Ted's a good example since he's always been a raging asshole. And a pedophile. Everyone should hate him.

I hate to say it dude… many famous musicians and artists are creeps, deviants and abusers. Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry, Chris Brown, R. Kelly etc… plus it was very common in the 70’s (I’m not condoning it). Most drugged out rock bands had the underage groupies. Ted isn’t the only jailbait chaser. Heck, Lemmy had songs about it. Gene Simmons too…
I’m talking about his political views.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2022 8:36 am

I really don't give a crap if Todd's an atheist (Michael Sweet's his homeboy, isn't that good enough for the God Squad to give him a pass?) or about his political views, but then I'm that way about musicians/performers in general. I don't have the time or energy to worry about who so-and-so voted for in the last election ("Oh no! He voted for the other guy! F*ck him, I can't listen to him anymore!") or whether they're pro-or-anti-vaccine, or whatever the f*ck. I just enjoy their work (unless they come out and admit that they're baby-eating Nazis, or something).

That said, I gotta stick up for Todd becoming the default mouthpiece for the band, because let's be honest, the two O.G. members that are left (Wilton and Jackson) are also the least interesting members. They never had much to say, even back in the day. The other two guys (Stone and Grillo) are glorified temp workers who are just happy to have the gig.

So yeah, if you're doing press for Queensryche, Todd's pretty much the only guy to talk to. Nobody is sitting around saying "Yeah, but what does Casey Grillo think about the current world situation?" Laughing very hard

As for Scotty Rockenfield ... dude is clearly off his meds, or something. And hey, y'know what, I never did get any more emails from his "Queensryche 2021" web site.  Quit holding out on us, Scott.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2022 12:32 pm

My only objection is the outspoken and divisive opinions. Not just Todd La Torre… but Alex Skolnick and other shit stirrers.

I don’t care about the person’s label: gay, atheist or political… it’s just the outright attempts to “fan the flames”. They know their comments are gonna end up on Blabbermouth. When you have a fan-base, why alienate them by taking a hard stance publicly? Just keep it to yourself and your inner circle. Or express it through music. Some artists like Sebastian Bach literally don’t give a shit about the old school fans that bought all his albums before “the wokeness”. Just don’t bring up their past sins… like throwing bottles in the audience and wearing offensive t-shirts. Just a bunch of trendy, bandwagon hypocrites. Typical rebuttal: oh they were still young and ignorant. Stfu!  Laughing very hard
How convenient for them (but lock up everyone else that ain’t woke or kissing ass on the latest lefty protest tirade).

The guys in Skid Row and AC/DC do it right. No Blabbermouth headlines or drama about personal comments from their social media. They keep their personal shit personal. Even when Sebastian tries to stir something up, they barely respond other than “we ain’t interested”. Laughing

I also think Michael Sweet handles his opinions well. He seems to word his comments to not divide (or offend) while still getting his message across. Some will hate him because he’s a Christian, but hey… at least he tries to be cordial.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2022 1:30 pm

Troublezone wrote:
My only objection is the outspoken and divisive opinions. Not just Todd La Torre… but Alex Skolnick and other shit stirrers.

I don’t care about the person’s label: gay, atheist or political… it’s just the outright attempts to “fan the flames”. They know their comments are gonna end up on Blabbermouth. When you have a fan-base, why alienate them by taking a hard stance publicly? Just keep it to yourself and your inner circle. Or express it through music. Some artists like Sebastian Bach literally don’t give a shit about the old school fans that bought all his albums before “the wokeness”. Just don’t bring up their past sins… like throwing bottles in the audience and wearing offensive t-shirts. Just a bunch of trendy, bandwagon hypocrites. Typical rebuttal: oh they were still young and ignorant. Stfu!  Laughing very hard
How convenient for them (but lock up everyone else that ain’t woke or kissing ass on the latest lefty protest tirade).

The guys in Skid Row and AC/DC do it right. No Blabbermouth headlines or drama about personal comments from their social media. They keep their personal shit personal. Even when Sebastian tries to stir something up, they barely respond other than “we ain’t interested”. Laughing

I also think Michael Sweet handles his opinions well. He seems to word his comments to not divide (or offend) while still getting his message across. Some will hate him because he’s a Christian, but hey… at least he tries to be cordial.

So only liberals, then, yeah? lol!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2022 1:32 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

So only liberals, then, yeah? lol!

Not only… but a lot. Of coarse you and I see things differently.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2022 3:08 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Unfortunately this is how Blabbermouth, Metal Sucks, etc. make their money. They really don't give 2 cents if a band does something helpful or good. They only want the quote that says "Hey I hate my ex bandmates".
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2022 4:00 pm

nevermore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Unfortunately this is how Blabbermouth, Metal Sucks, etc. make their money. They really don't give 2 cents if a band does something helpful or good. They only want the quote that says "Hey I hate my ex bandmates".

That’s true.

Usually when they scour the interviews for juicy headlines. Nowadays, I suspect certain people like to post polarizing statements from their Twitter account knowing it will be spread around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5