Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+17
James B.
exact33
manny
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
Eyesore
Boris2008
ResedaCountryClub
Fat Freddy
assault_attack
Gilbert
Thrasher73
Lurideath
Troublezone
Dark Horseman
Lari
Temple of Blood
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE Empty
PostSubject: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 10:46 am

He's not on their new album. I think this makes it official that his absence more than a touring "time out".

At what point does QR become a tribute band? Both chief songwriters are gone.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 12:04 pm

I don't think it matters. They should get a hungry outside writer / band member with fresh ideas anyway.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 12:33 pm

No surprise but still has a couple original members so why not carry on?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 3:11 pm

I had a feeling he wasn't coming back... but after all the legal drama with Tate to keep the name, I'm kinda surprised he gave up only two albums in.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 12:29 am

I just listened to an interview with Scott. He has not left. He was spending time with his family. All the drums were recorded by Todd
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 2:32 am

Lurideath wrote:
I just listened to an interview with Scott. He has not left. He was spending time with his family. All the drums were recorded by Todd

That's cool, Todd is hell of a drummer.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 3:36 am

Hope the new album is heavy. Any release date set yet?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 9:38 am

Lurideath wrote:

So what are Scott's future plans with QR then? Any shows or recording?
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 2:32 pm

Lurideath wrote:
All the drums were recorded by Todd
That is interesting..
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 3:13 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Hope the new album is heavy.  
Would be a first.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 10:10 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

So what are Scott's future plans with QR then?  Any shows or recording?

From the interview I heard, he will be back when the touring starts. I'll find the interview.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 9:49 am

Lurideath wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

So what are Scott's future plans with QR then?  Any shows or recording?

From the interview I heard, he will be back when the touring starts. I'll find the interview.

I personally wouldn't bet on it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 10:23 am

Asking "When is Scott coming back?" has become a running gag on Queensryche's Facebook page. Whenever the band posts something, you can count on at least one comment that says "Where's Scott?" or "What is Scott up to?" ... which is never answered.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 10:27 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Asking "When is Scott coming back?" has become a running gag on Queensryche's Facebook page. Whenever the band posts something, you can count on at least one comment that says "Where's Scott?" or "What is Scott up to?" ... which is never answered.

In their defense, I bet they don't know the answer.

Maybe he'll come back to earn some $$$ from touring though? We all know new metal albums don't earn any.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 10:33 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

Maybe not, but if I were the guy in charge of their social media, I'd be calling Scott up by this point and saying "For cryin' out loud, can you at least post a picture of you holding your kid or something and say "hi" so everybody gets off my ass for a while?" Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ResedaCountryClub
Metal novice
Metal novice
ResedaCountryClub

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 2:55 pm

I hope he comes back, because he's a great drummer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.spreaker.com/show/hard_rocking_trivia_show
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2018 1:41 pm

What I don't understand is, with two separate bands continuing the Queensryche legacy, is that STILL no-one has shot a continuation video to the original Queen of the Reich!?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2018 3:11 pm

Lari wrote:
What I don't understand is, with two separate bands continuing the Queensryche legacy, is that STILL no-one has shot a continuation video to the original Queen of the Reich!?

That's a VERY good point!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 1:44 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Maybe he'll come back to earn some $$$ from touring though?  We all know new metal albums don't earn any.

They have actually replied a few times, saying that he has not left the band, has no plans to, but they're not sure what the deal is yet. He's not been divorced from them or anything. His break from them has just lasted longer than anticipated, they said. They've all remained in contact, but apparently neither he nor they had a concrete answer at the time.

From what I've heard, though, there is footage of him recording with them in the studio for the new album.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2018 7:46 am

Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Maybe he'll come back to earn some $$$ from touring though?  We all know new metal albums don't earn any.

They have actually replied a few times, saying that he has not left the band, has no plans to, but they're not sure what the deal is yet. He's not been divorced from them or anything. His break from them has just lasted longer than anticipated, they said. They've all remained in contact, but apparently neither he nor they had a concrete answer at the time.

From what I've heard, though, there is footage of him recording with them in the studio for the new album.

But Todd has stated plainly that Scott did not play on the album.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2018 11:14 am

Guess well have to see but I believe Todd at this point.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2018 4:21 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

But Todd has stated plainly that Scott did not play on the album.

Did he? When? I only read where he said people will have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2018 3:37 pm

Don't you think if Rockenfeld was back they would be shouting it from the mountaintops to try to give their current album/lineup more legitimacy?

If he's not playing shows OR recording, I think it's safe to say there is more than just "taking time out for your newborn" afoot here.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2018 9:39 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Don't you think if Rockenfeld was back they would be shouting it from the mountaintops to try to give their current album/lineup more legitimacy?

If he's not playing shows OR recording, I think it's safe to say there is more than just "taking time out for your newborn" afoot here.

Well, it's definitely odd if Scott chose to leave the band after everything they went through with splitting from Geoff. Then again, maybe that was just too much for him. I don't know. He does make music outside of the band, video game stuff, movie scores and such, so who knows?

Or maybe he got a taste of what DeGarmo got (a "normal" life) and realized he'd rather have that than continue being away from friends and family all the time.

I can tell you this, I bit the bullet and paid $10 for the download through PledgeMusic. The clip that everyone who pledged has been referring to shows Todd playing drums. Not a definitive answer, of course, because he's a drummer, but maybe Scott is out. I mean, Grillo quitting Kamelot seemed to confirm it. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

I'll also tell you this, the clips they've released to pledgers sounds fucking awesome! I can't wait for this album now.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 9:13 am

Maybe he thought the albums would be better with Todd.  He tried two of them, so he gave it a good go.  Maybe more of the same was as uninspiring to him (who would have to put a lot of work into them) as they are to many of us.

Agreed about him perhaps enjoying family life at this age and perhaps focusing on scoring work that he can do at home time permitting.

BTW, does anyone who like ToddRyche enjoy that Soulbender album that Wilson made?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE   Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scott Rockenfield is out of QUEENSRYCHE
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next