Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ultimate Horror Film Night

Go down 
+5
Troublezone
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
Shiney
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Ultimate Horror Film Night Empty
PostSubject: Ultimate Horror Film Night   Ultimate Horror Film Night Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 11:02 am

It seems like the TV channel AMC is showing the Halloween series of movies AGAIN all night on Halloween. It was nice the first 5 times they did it, but c'mon!

Horror movie fans, pick 4 movies that you would show instead of what AMC has decided on.

Remember just 4 movies! Smile

I love all types of horror movies, so I have tried to mix a few subgenres in the mix.

I would play (in this order) leaving time for commercials:

8pm Subspecies II (the best of the series, IMO)
10pm Night of the Demons (for the cheesy 80's bunch)
12am The Pit & The Pendulum (starring Vincent Price)
2am Night of the Living Dead 1968 (because its the best horror movie ever)

That would be a good start, methinks.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Horror Film Night   Ultimate Horror Film Night Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 11:15 am

HALLOWEEN (it's requirede by law, y'know!!)

FRIGHT NIGHT

SUSPIRIA

EVIL DEAD

those are 4 of my favorite horror films ever....But I could seriously program a full time channel with the stuff....

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Horror Film Night   Ultimate Horror Film Night Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 11:19 am

Shiney wrote:

But I could seriously program a full time channel with the stuff....

As could I. It was really tough for me not to fill my list with Romero films. (sans Land of the Dead, of course)
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Horror Film Night   Ultimate Horror Film Night Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 11:35 am

I love horror films!!

Halloween

Halloween II

Alien

Creep Show (Adrienne!!)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Horror Film Night   Ultimate Horror Film Night Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 11:39 am

Gimme:
"Halloween" (1978 original of course)
"The Amityville Horror" (again, 1979 original)
"The Omen" (do I have to say it? original)
"Dawn of the Dead" (um... yea... original again)
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Horror Film Night   Ultimate Horror Film Night Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 12:05 pm

I actually didn't mind the DAWN OF THE DEAD remake...the only thing I felt was dumb was the whole Zombie baby scene...other than that I felt it ws a cool reinterpretation of the movie...

Hell, it was better than the putrid LAND OF THE DEAD!?!?!?

I am also adding SESSION 9 as a stand by in case one of my other picks calls in sick.....

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Horror Film Night   Ultimate Horror Film Night Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 12:12 pm

I mentioned before that I'm not a huge horror fan. Meaning that I don't go out of my way to watch them, but I do dig the genre. One of my all-time favorites is Cube, or The Cube (can't remember right now). There are some sequels that people say are good, but I've not seen them. The first one is outstanding, though.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Horror Film Night   Ultimate Horror Film Night Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 12:19 pm

CUBE is cool...the sequels are rubbish....sadly.

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Horror Film Night   Ultimate Horror Film Night Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 12:30 pm

Figured I'd chance my avatar as well to the master on the cover of Masque of the Red Death.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Horror Film Night   Ultimate Horror Film Night Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 12:31 pm

Shiney wrote:

I am also adding SESSION 9 as a stand by in case one of my other picks calls in sick.....

I had never heard about Session 9 before. I just read up on it. Sounds great. My wife loves those twisted kind of movies. On the Netflix queue it goes!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Horror Film Night   Ultimate Horror Film Night Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 12:32 pm

Shiney wrote:
I actually didn't mind the DAWN OF THE DEAD remake...the only thing I felt was dumb was the whole Zombie baby scene...other than that I felt it ws a cool reinterpretation of the movie...

I liked the remake of D.O.T.D. as well, but OY, the "zombie baby" freaked me out worse than anything else in the whole movie!!

I was glad that when they killed it, they did it off screen cuz if they'd shown it I probably would've been scarred for life... sick
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Horror Film Night   Ultimate Horror Film Night Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 12:35 pm

Love Horror flicks!
Halloween-of course
Texas Chainsaw Massacre-original
Dawn of the Dead
Evil Dead
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Horror Film Night   Ultimate Horror Film Night Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 12:35 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Shiney wrote:

I had never heard about Session 9 before. I just read up on it. Sounds great. My wife loves those twisted kind of movies. On the Netflix queue it goes!

Session 9 was a good flick. The wife and I happened on it on cable one night awhile ago and decided to watch it even though we'd never even heard of it and therefore didn't expect much. That thing gave us some serious CHILLS
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Horror Film Night   Ultimate Horror Film Night Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 1:20 pm

1. Clownhouse
2. The Funhouse
3. From Beyond
4. Phantasm
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Horror Film Night   Ultimate Horror Film Night Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 1:51 pm

Quote :
3. From Beyond

The Pineal Gland!!

Good lists all!

I've seen Session 9....it was OK....

Concerning Zombie flicks and horror in general...I'm so easy to please it seems I'll say most movies are O.K.

The zombie baby scene was stupid....I hate that he was so concerned about his clearly Zombied wife and kid that he got in a shoot out over it!!

I like when they were playing "shoot the celebrity zombie" with the trapped markman....fun stuff!

I'm 33 so how many acts of violence am I supposed to have seen on TV by now? You can quadruple that, baby!! At least.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Horror Film Night   Ultimate Horror Film Night Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 2:13 pm

I have yet to see the remake of Dawn of the Dead. I was VERY upset when they remade it, but even more upset when I watched Land of the Dead and seen how bad it is. I honestly almost cried. Sad
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Horror Film Night   Ultimate Horror Film Night Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 2:39 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I have yet to see the remake of Dawn of the Dead. I was VERY upset when they remade it, but even more upset when I watched Land of the Dead and seen how bad it is. I honestly almost cried. Sad

It's a pretty decent movie as long as you don't compare it to the original too much. It's more of a straight action/horror movie, as opposed to Romero's original which had a lot of social satire running underneath (i.e. why do the zombies go to the mall? Because it's all they know HOW to do). The special effects are great, and the opening sequence is just YIKES!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Horror Film Night   Ultimate Horror Film Night Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 2:49 pm

Fantastic choiced, people!! Sadly we donæt have a habit of celebrating Halloween like you do, so no horror flick for me tht day. I'll make a list anyway!

1. Halloween (original) (Yeah, can't get away with not showing it!)
2. Day Of The Dead (My favorite of the trilogy.... oops, he's made another one, hasn't he?)
3. Phantasm (Soooo underrated!)
4. Can't choose just one more! Evil Dead, The Omen, Phenomena/Creepers, Suspiria, Tenebre, Deep Red, Last House On The Left, The Hills Have Eyes, A Nightmare On Elm Street, Friday The 13th, House By The Cemetery, Zombie Flesh-Eaters, The New York Ripper, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Excorcist, Believers etc. etc............... ok, I'll choose: POLTERGEIST!

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Horror Film Night   Ultimate Horror Film Night Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 3:18 pm

just have all the romero movies and alien for me i think not a big horro fan really though
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Horror Film Night   Ultimate Horror Film Night Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 4:11 pm

EXORCIST '73
WRONG TURN
The HOWLING 1
SLAUGHTERED VOMIT DOLLS
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Horror Film Night   Ultimate Horror Film Night Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 4:15 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:
WRONG TURN
I love that movie. Completely underrated.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Horror Film Night   Ultimate Horror Film Night Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 4:39 pm

Anderson's folow up to SESSION 9...

THE MACHINIST is a trippy psychological horor film...right up there with Cronenberg's SPIDER....

I love this kinda crap!!

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Horror Film Night   Ultimate Horror Film Night Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 4:51 pm

I don't really go for the blood and gore, I prefer genually scary/spooky movies like Grudge, Grudge II, 1408, The Shinning, etc. However, I do like the first two Evil Dead movies (and the third but it is mostly comedy) mainly because they are so damn funny!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Horror Film Night   Ultimate Horror Film Night Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 5:35 pm

Shiney wrote:
HALLOWEEN (it's requirede by law, y'know!!)

FRIGHT NIGHT

SUSPIRIA

EVIL DEAD

those are 4 of my favorite horror films ever....But I could seriously program a full time channel with the stuff....

I actually had a double-bill of FRIGHT NIGHT and APRIL FOOL'S DAY last Halloween with a couple friends.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Horror Film Night   Ultimate Horror Film Night Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 5:38 pm

Yes, Wrong Turn is very good!

Quote :
THE MACHINIST

This is great as well! That guy must be crazy to get down to 120 pounds for a movie! I guess the $$ was worth it! He did get to have the fun/challenge of putting on 80 pounds to be Batman....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Horror Film Night   Ultimate Horror Film Night Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Horror Film Night
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next