Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last!

Go down 
+3
krokus
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

"BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last! Empty
PostSubject: "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last!   "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 2:37 pm

"BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last! 51kbpY0cBLL._AA240_

Dunno if anyone will even care about this besides me, but I just found out that the semi-classic cheesy 1988 heavy metal themed horror film "Black Roses," starring Carmine Appice and Vincent Pastore (aka "Big Pussy" of "Sopranos" fame, in one of his earliest roles) will finally be released on DVD on Sept. 25!! Check it out here:

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Roses-Julie-Ad...3058&sr=1-4

Way cool huh? If memory serves, the soundtrack was better than the actual movie... lots of 80s Metal Blade bands. I do know that they used Lizzy Borden's "Me Against The World" as the opening theme.

I haven't seen this movie in years and I'm sure it's aged HORRIBLY since then, but I can't wait to get my hands on it anyway... it'll make a nice companion piece to my TRICK OR TREAT DVD for the Halloween season!!

:metal:

Last edited by on Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last!   "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 2:45 pm

Havent thought about this in forever.Be fun to watch again this Halloween
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last!   "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 2:49 pm

The movie ties Trick Or Treat in the "worst movie ever" race.

The soundtrack has some good cheesy songs. My favorite vocalist Mark (Marcie Free) sings on some the songs.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last!   "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 2:52 pm

Yeah, i have the soundtrack on vinyl. Very cool. I never saw the movie and if i can i will buy it on dvd. Surprise to see what you think about TRICK OR TREAT spectrefate, to me its one of the best movies ever, and this is no joke. Anyway, we are all different lol.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last!   "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 2:53 pm

spectrefate wrote:

Aw c'mon... "Trick Or Treat" rules! Does it get any better than "Skippy" from "Family Ties" calling Sammi Curr (he's "rock's chosen warrior" y'know) a "F**kin' WIMP POSER!!!" ??

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last!   "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 2:57 pm

Maybe I'm a little harsh on Trick or Treat. I honestly haven't watched it in literally decades. I like the Fastway soundtrack, but I remember that it was one of the 2 horror movies that my best friend and I couldn't make it all the way through back when we were kids.

BTW, the only other movie we couldn't make it through was Rawhead Rex. Abhorrant.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last!   "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 3:01 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Maybe I'm a little harsh on Trick or Treat. I honestly haven't watched it in literally decades. I like the Fastway soundtrack, but I remember that it was one of the 2 horror movies that my best friend and I couldn't make it all the way through back when we were kids.

Haha, it's cool, man... to each their own.
I hadn't seen TRICK OR TREAT in a long time (at least 15 years) until about two years ago when I found it in the cheap-o DVD bin at Wal-Mart one day. I threw it in the shopping cart and my wife was like "What's this movie about?" I sez "You're gonna HATE it, but trust me, I have to own this." I knew it was going to be cheesy after all those years and I wasn't disappointed!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last!   "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 3:19 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I hadn't seen TRICK OR TREAT in a long time (at
least 15 years) until about two years ago when I found it in the
cheap-o DVD bin at Wal-Mart one day.

That's where I got mine. 🤘

It's not my favorite flick ever, but I've seen FAR worse.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last!   "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 3:53 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I hadn't seen TRICK OR TREAT in a long time (at
least 15 years) until about two years ago when I found it in the
cheap-o DVD bin at Wal-Mart one day.

That's where I got mine. :metal:

It's not my favorite flick ever, but I've seen FAR worse.

I've seen it there too. I didn't buy it, but a buddy did. I was amused by the new cover. They put on Gene Simmons & Ozzy REAL big, like it's their movie. Ozzy was in it for 30 seconds and Gene probably had total screentime of 10 minutes maybe? And the picture of Ozzy was from 2003. Great marketing!! It doesn't hold up too well, but still a great flick to watch if you're into that sort of thing.

FUN FACT: Did you know that the guy playing Sammi Curr, "Rock's Chosen Warrior:, was previously a Solid Gold Dancer?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last!   "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 3:58 pm

"BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last! 51Z0Iu4A%2BuL._SS500_

Poor Skippy doesn't even get his picture on the cover!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last!   "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 4:02 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

You can almost see Gene Simmons trying to say "Even I don't want you to buy this." Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last!   "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 4:46 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

FUN FACT: Did you know that the guy playing Sammi Curr, "Rock's Chosen Warrior:, was previously a Solid Gold Dancer?

Hahaha, then Skippy was right, he WAS a "f**kin' WIMP POSER!"

But seriously, according to IMDB.com, he passed away of AIDS-related complications in 1995.

The message board for "Trick Or Treat" on IMDB sez that a remake is being considered, believe it or not. I didn't think that many people remembered it outside of the metalhead community but apparently it's something of a "cult" film. Or maybe Hollywood has just run out of vintage "hits" to remake so they're looking farther afield now? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last!   "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 5:35 pm

The soundtrack was in fact better than the movie,but it kind of sucked too.Believe it or not ive seen the disc go for ridiculous amounts... I got this a couple years ago,basically because a guitarist i like (Alex Masi) played on a few of the songs."Hallows Eve" i think also do a song called(D.I.E.) .....the "Trick Or Treat" soundtrack is quite good, Fastway did the entire thing.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last!   "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 9:25 am

spectrefate wrote:

absolutely. :lmao:

i still have a copy of this movie, recorded from tv on VHS.

PostSubject: Re: "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last!   "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 11:32 am

Hmmm Black Roses, I'll be there. I've never seen the movie myself but love rock n' roll horror flicks -- Rocktober Blood (1984) is a favorite -- and you can't go wrong with Synapse Films. Always great packaging, extra features, etc. etc. Though I did pass up on Rock N' Roll Nightmare (another horror film they released a while ago) -- that one stinks something bad!! Now if only they'd release Rocktober Blood and Dead Girls (1990) I would be happy...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last!   "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 8:47 pm

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

You can almost see Gene Simmons trying to say "Even I don't want you to buy this." Smile

Nah...Gene love cash to much.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last!   "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 5:24 am

Never heard of it, but it sounds cool! I live chessy horror flicks

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last!   "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 7:43 am

kmorg wrote:

Kmorg, if you like cheese, then Black Roses is YOUR kinda movie. This flick is pure cheddar. Smile
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last!   "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:36 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Kmorg, if you like cheese, then Black Roses is YOUR kinda movie. This flick is pure cheddar. Smile

I don't think I'll have any luck finding this in Norway though. Maybe I'll order it

PostSubject: Re: "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last!   "BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"BLACK ROSES" - metal horror film, DVD at last!
Page 1 of 1