Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Ultimate Sin

Go down 
+14
skullsmasher
Troublezone
metalinmyveins
MetalRob331
7thSecond
Olafsto
akeldama
Lurideath
MetalFRO
Fat Freddy
manny
EvyMetal
MetalGuy71
mc666
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The Ultimate Sin Empty
PostSubject: The Ultimate Sin   The Ultimate Sin Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 10:15 pm

Been revisiting this classic album and loving it. Why does this get slagged on so much? Killer of Giants is a classic Ozzy tune, the title song rips, Thank God For The Bomb is great, Fool Like You is solid and of course Shot In The Dark is a staple. Never is the only song I don't care for on the album. Sure, it was different but for me it worked and Jake is more then solid on the guitar. I'm glad for the remaster, it helped it a lot. I think Ozzy doesn't like it because he wore some of the worst outfits back then.
Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sin   The Ultimate Sin Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 10:16 pm

My favorite Ozzy. Every track is killer.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

The Ultimate Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sin   The Ultimate Sin Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 10:29 pm

No Rest for the Wicked is my favorite Ozzy, but this album is just as good as any since Blizzard.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Ultimate Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sin   The Ultimate Sin Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 10:34 pm

It's been awhile since I've given this one a spin, but if memory serves, there was too much keyboards for my taste. It sounded very dated, in an over-produced-mid-80's sort of way. I'd have to listen again to see if those sentiments hold up. Jake was top-notch though. No problems there.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

The Ultimate Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sin   The Ultimate Sin Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 2:14 am

I always thought this disc was a live album, so I never picked it up.
Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sin   The Ultimate Sin Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 2:30 am

I just heard this again recently after MANY years (probably since the 80's), it's got some great songs on it. The production is by Ron Nevison who was doing the Heart albums at that time...so it's got the same kind of slick sheen to it. The only thing that bothered me were some of the lyrics: "we'll keep rockin' all night, rockin' all night till the lightning strikes again". The Ultimate Sin 288219

But aside from that it's a good album, I thought this particular band was very tight in concert.
Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sin   The Ultimate Sin Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 7:31 am

Notice there is nothing from this album on The Essential Ozzy Osbourne?
Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sin   The Ultimate Sin Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 7:37 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

So?
Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sin   The Ultimate Sin Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 8:07 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

So?

Kinda sucks, seeing as how it's such a popular album..."Shot In The Dark" is a quintessential 80s Metal song! Too bad it got buried in legal battles...same reason bass/drums were re-recorded for the first 2...
Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sin   The Ultimate Sin Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 8:14 am

Yeah, SITD should be on there at least. It was in heavy heavy rotation on MTV back in 86/87.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

The Ultimate Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sin   The Ultimate Sin Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 8:25 am

I bought the remastered CD years ago, and I was not aware their was a legal battle regarding 'The Ulimate Sin' and it explains why an album that went platinum is the only Ozzy album that is currently out of print, another nail in Sharon Osbourne's coffin as far as I am concerned.

As for the album itself, it is very solid album and I love it but it is an album of its era. Jake E Lee of course is an excellent guitartist who everybody seems to have forgotten about, what a shame.
Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sin   The Ultimate Sin Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 8:32 am

Quote :
I was not aware their was a legal battle regarding 'The Ulimate Sin'

What's that about, manny? I never heard that.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

The Ultimate Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sin   The Ultimate Sin Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 8:43 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
I was not aware their was a legal battle regarding 'The Ulimate Sin'

What's that about, manny? I never heard that.

Jake E Lee, Bob Daisley, and the other co writers on the album got screwed out of songwriting royalities, so of course they took the Osbourne's to court. The one songwriter who would not settle was the bassist Phil Soussan the co writer to 'Shot in the Dark' and according to the boys at wikipedia:

In April 2002, the album was deleted from the Osbourne catalog and is no longer being reproduced, due to legal issues between Osbourne and Soussan over the song "Shot in the Dark." While the album is, however, still for sale in the iTunes Store, its most recent North American reissue was the 1995 remastered CD. (The album was reissued again in 2007 in Japan); to date, unlike most other Osbourne reissues, releases of TheUltimate Sin have featured no bonus tracks.
Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sin   The Ultimate Sin Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 8:46 am

Thanks, manny.

That explains why there is nothing of it on the Essential Ozzy.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

The Ultimate Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sin   The Ultimate Sin Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 8:56 am

I never heard that story about ULTIMATE SIN either. You really do learn something new every day

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

The Ultimate Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sin   The Ultimate Sin Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 9:01 am

You would think Ozzy with all of the negative experiences he had with Black Sabbath's former managers in regards to royalities and being ripped off, that when it came to royalities he would treat his sidemen with some degree of respect and allow them to collect the royalities due to them from work they created their time with Ozzy, if it was not for Bob Daisley, Jake E Lee and the late Randy Rhoads to name just a few, Ozzy would have no career, he should at least acknowledge that.
Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sin   The Ultimate Sin Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 9:06 am

Legal issues very similar to this between Daisley/Kerslake and the Osbourne camp is what resulted in all the bass & drums being re-recorded the last time Diary... and Blizzard... were reissued...lame.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

The Ultimate Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sin   The Ultimate Sin Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 10:57 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Yeah, SITD should be on there at least. It was in heavy heavy rotation on MTV back in 86/87.

Not to mention it was one of Ozzy's best tracks during the 80's headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro

The Ultimate Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sin   The Ultimate Sin Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 11:01 am

Sharon may have saved Ozzy's life...but she's stolen in his soul...probably keeps it locked up in a little jar in basement.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

The Ultimate Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sin   The Ultimate Sin Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 11:29 am

manny wrote:
You would think Ozzy with all of the negative experiences he had with Black Sabbath's former managers in regards to royalities and being ripped off, that when it came to royalities he would treat his sidemen with some degree of respect and allow them to collect the royalities due to them from work they created their time with Ozzy, if it was not for Bob Daisley, Jake E Lee and the late Randy Rhoads to name just a few, Ozzy would have no career, he should at least acknowledge that.

You'd think that, but you gotta figure that Sharon learned everything from her father, Don Arden, who was a notorious prick in the music management business. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. She's doing the same thing to Ozzy's former mates that Don probably did to Ozzy when he was kicked out of Sabbath which in turn, caused a huge rift between Sharon and her own father.

I just see Ozzy as a broken, beaten-down man at this point. If and when he speaks up, Sharon justs shuts him right down.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

The Ultimate Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sin   The Ultimate Sin Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 11:40 am

Quote :
I just see Ozzy as a broken, beaten-down man at this point. If and when he speaks up, Sharon justs shuts him right down.

Have you seen the promos for the upcoming Osbournes "variety show" on FOX ("Osbournes Reloaded") this past week? Every time I see one it makes me wish someone would just put poor Oz out of his misery.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sin   The Ultimate Sin Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 11:43 am

If it wasn't for Daisley/Rhodes/Kerslake writing his first 2 albums for him, Ozzy would be nowhere now...any writing credit Ozzy got on those albums was tacked on later...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

The Ultimate Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sin   The Ultimate Sin Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 11:48 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Have you seen the promos for the upcoming Osbournes "variety show" on FOX ("Osbournes Reloaded") this past week? Every time I see one it makes me wish someone would just put poor Oz out of his misery.

I haven't, but I'm fully aware of the show. I never watched "The Osbournes" when it was on (bits & peices, but never an entire episode) and I'll be skipping this one as well. I'm usually pretty easy-going about most folks and what they do with their lives as long as it doesn't effect me, but Sharon Osbourne is one person that I genuinely cannot stomach.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

The Ultimate Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sin   The Ultimate Sin Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 2:30 pm

This is an excellent album and I must have went through at least 5 copies of this on cassette and now CD. Amazing album!!
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

The Ultimate Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sin   The Ultimate Sin Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:01 pm

detuned wrote:
Sharon may have saved Ozzy's life...but she's stolen in his soul...probably keeps it locked up in a little jar in basement.

Right on the money d, screw that Digital B*tch.
The Ultimate Sin is great!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Ultimate Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sin   The Ultimate Sin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Sin
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next