Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+35
Lurideath
exact33
stpatrik
tohostudios
candlemass
nevermore
zlogdan
Dark Horseman
Gilbert
Troublezone
Witchfinder
Runicen
glassprison
kethdredd
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
DevZor
Thrasher73
James B.
Eyesore
mikeinfla
Temple of Blood
DakotaRogers
metalinmyveins
Boris2008
assault_attack
thejokeriv
Wayne
Wurthless
corplhicks
bgsully
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
chewie
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 4:36 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
James B. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Why can't these musicians figure out how to play the damn songs? I mean...are they even close on "Screaming in Digital?" Haha.

Maybe they are taking a page from the Allman Brothers Band and play the songs different every night ?  Improv maybe ?

They could try and pass off that excuse for sub-par performances, but I don't think they're fooling anyone. Does Geoff really strike you as an "improve-jam-band-sorta guy"? Razz

Sarcasm on my part ? It usually flies over like a led blimp online.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 5:25 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Why can't these musicians figure out how to play the damn songs? I mean...are they even close on "Screaming in Digital?" Haha.

It's just the way they wanted to play it and music is all about personal expression. It's just your opinion that they played the song wrong and all opinions are equal. Heavy metal is about personal expression, from Pat Benatar to Krisiun to Bryan Adams to Johnny Cash, each played heavy metal in their own way and that's all that matters.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 8:42 pm

I will stand up for Tate and say that, even now, when he holds back and sings in his lower, comfortable register, he still sounds like nobody else.

He still has it, because his voice was only ever partly about how high he could sing, it was the amount of feeling and character he sang with. In his lower, natural range he still sounds extremely good. It's when he tries to climb those classic Queensryche vocal mountains that he falls short.

The man is 57 years old. Taking that little fact into consideration, it's physically impossible for him to hit notes he hit when it was 22.

He still sounds very, very good on these two songs.

And this kicks ass

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 11:51 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

It's just the way they wanted to play it and music is all about personal expression.  It's just your opinion that they played the song wrong and all opinions are equal.  Heavy metal is about personal expression, from Pat Benatar to Krisiun to Bryan Adams to Johnny Cash, each played heavy metal in their own way and that's all that matters.

Oh, don't give me that herpy-derpy bullshit. That doesn't apply to that clip above AT ALL! That's not personal expression; it's piss-poor, amateurish, out-of-tune crap.

I guess this is personal expression, yeah?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 12:11 am

Ask sd.  It's all personal opinion.  Why should musicians practice?  Just let loose whatever feels good. Open your mind and stop being so intolerant.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 2:11 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Ask sd.  It's all personal opinion.  Why should musicians practice?  Just let loose whatever feels good.  Open your mind and stop being so intolerant.

Dude, what have you done with the real Temple of Blood? lol!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 8:51 am

I don't feel that this forum is a safe space any more.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 3:54 pm

James B. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
James B. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Maybe they are taking a page from the Allman Brothers Band and play the songs different every night ?  Improv maybe ?

They could try and pass off that excuse for sub-par performances, but I don't think they're fooling anyone. Does Geoff really strike you as an "improve-jam-band-sorta guy"? Razz

Sarcasm on my part ?  It usually flies over like a led blimp online.

Sorry James.

You seem like a pretty nice fella and have a general positive outlook on things. When you say something like the above statement, I just assume you're trying to put a nice spin on things and not being a sarcastic prick. Like me. Twisted Evil

Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 7:25 am

Saw Queensryche last night. Very good show. Todd can definitely sing. During various parts of the show my jaw would drop.

VERY short setlist. They went on at 9pm and were completely done at 1030.

Setlist was pretty interesting. 3 from Condition Human. 3 from Empire. 3 from Mindcrime, 1 from Rage, 1 from The Warning, 1 from Promised Land, 1 from S/T, and 1 from the EP.

Great show, but I was irritated they didn't play Revolution Calling, and I thought the set was pretty short.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 10:43 pm

Quote :
They went on at 9pm and were completely done at 1030.

I get what you mean about the limited song selection per album, but relatively speaking, that's a fairly average set length for headliners these days. It seems to me that few bands play upwards of 2 hours anymore.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 8:01 am

Geoff actually sounded pretty good on the new Avantasia.

Granted, that is quality material that probably forced him to stretch his range and none of us have any idea how much work was done on the vocal, but it sounded pretty "un-corrected" to my ears.

Personally, methinks it's the material he's working with more than anything else that makes him sound bad.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 10:11 am

It's funny because its been quite some time since I've been to a metal show. I seem to remember 2 hour sets being the norm.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 10:12 am

An hour and a half seems to be the standard time for a set now. Most of the bands I see play that long.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 8:21 pm

Runicen wrote:

Granted, that is quality material that probably forced him to stretch his range and none of us have any idea how much work was done on the vocal, but it sounded pretty "un-corrected" to my ears.

Personally, methinks it's the material he's working with more than anything else that makes him sound bad.

If that were true, he'd be able to sing that stuff live. He can't.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 10:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:

very much the truth

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 8:17 am

Eyesore wrote:
Runicen wrote:

It sounds like his entire band is a shambles live these days.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 4:00 pm

Runicen wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Runicen wrote:

His band is a mess. It's so hard to listen to.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 7:16 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Runicen wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Runicen wrote:

His band is a mess. It's so hard to listen to.

Really easy to not listen to though.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2016 10:11 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
An hour and a half seems to be the standard time for a set now.  Most of the bands I see play that long.  

Yeah. I agree with that. The last concert I saw was Satriani and he did 2 70 minute sets with a 15 minute intermission and no opener. I saw ZZ Top a few years back and they barely played an hour with no opener. They went on promptly at 6 and at 8:55 were saying good night after the second encore. Great show, though. And free, so I really can't complain.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2018 3:13 pm

So I just saw that a few weeks ago it was officially announced that Casey Grillo quit Kamelot. He's been drumming for Queensryche for the past year or so. I'm assuming that means Scott Rockenfield isn't coming back. =(
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2018 8:55 pm

I saw them last August at Mohegan Sun and Rockenfield was there. He must have left right after that. I had no idea he was gone.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 4:43 pm

Eyesore wrote:
So I just saw that a few weeks ago it was officially announced that Casey Grillo quit Kamelot. He's been drumming for Queensryche for the past year or so. I'm assuming that means Scott Rockenfield isn't coming back. =(

It was my understanding that Scott was taking time off to be with his newborn son. It didn't appear to be permanent but maybe things changed.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 4:51 pm

Igor Cavalera did something similar back when he was still in Andreas Kisser's Sepultura. He originally said he was taking a break, and then later announced it would be permanent. So I won't be surprised if Scott doesn't come back... I think he has his own business on the side that he could turn to full time.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 6:24 pm

I still need to get their self titled album. I have been too lazy to order that one.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2018 1:24 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

It was my understanding that Scott was taking time off to be with his newborn son. It didn't appear to be permanent but maybe things changed.

They posted a picture of him and his son recently, but they won't even answer questions about whether or not he's coming back. It's weird. It seems odd that they would go through so much with all the Tate drama for him to up and quit. They've been on a pretty big high since Tate was ousted.

Makes me wonder if there's maybe an issue with his son or something. That would make much more sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next