Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUEENSRYCHE

Go down 
+35
Lurideath
exact33
stpatrik
tohostudios
candlemass
nevermore
zlogdan
Dark Horseman
Gilbert
Troublezone
Witchfinder
Runicen
glassprison
kethdredd
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
DevZor
Thrasher73
James B.
Eyesore
mikeinfla
Temple of Blood
DakotaRogers
metalinmyveins
Boris2008
assault_attack
thejokeriv
Wayne
Wurthless
corplhicks
bgsully
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
chewie
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 4:08 pm

Wayne wrote:
Had to laugh 😆

Just opened an email and seen this:

OPERATION: MINDCRIME
live in London

By way of saying thanks for being fans of the music of Geoff Tate and Queensryche, we are holding a flash sale on what we believe is one of the best rock shows of 2015. Geoff Tate's "Operation Mindcrime" play the The Underword on Saturday 12th December 2015 and will feature Simon Wright on Drums (AC/DC, Dio), John Moyer on Bass (Disturbed), Kelly Gray & Randy Gane (ex Queensryche). The band will perform the whole 1988 release "Operation Mindcrime" plus classics from Geoff's career.

Flash Sale Ticket Price - £15.00 (was £22.50)

The venue is the Camden underworld. Probably the smallest venue in London. Holds no more than a couple of hundred max. Tickets have been on sale ages. By way of saying thanks my arse! It's about time the vest realised he's got no credability anymore.

In light of the whole court case fiasco he should have disappeared completely for a year, let everything die down then try a comeback and not with the ridiculous use of operation mindcrime as a band name.

The guys washed up and finished. Even blaze bayley could pack the underworld and mostly plays in pubs around Europe these days.

The official capacity of Camden Underworld is 500 but tbh I can't imagine what that would look like as it really is tiny and if he's having to pimp cheap tickets so it doesn't look empty, it's over. For me trying to trade on his Queensryche past when.

a) 99.9% of people don't give a crap about Queensryche anymore.

b) of the 0.1% that do still give a crap about Queensryche, 99.9% of those hate his guts!

He's old, fat, has a bizarre creature living on his head and his voice is shot, I can't imagine why anyone would want to see that unless they had a hyperactive sense of  schadenfreude
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 4:55 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Had to laugh 😆

live in London

By way of saying thanks for being fans of the music of Geoff Tate and Queensryche, we are holding a flash sale on what we believe is one of the best rock shows of 2015. Geoff Tate's "Operation Mindcrime" play the The Underword on Saturday 12th December 2015 and will feature Simon Wright on Drums (AC/DC, Dio), John Moyer on Bass (Disturbed), Kelly Gray & Randy Gane (ex Queensryche). The band will perform the whole 1988 release "Operation Mindcrime" plus classics from Geoff's career.

Flash Sale Ticket Price - £15.00 (was £22.50)

The venue is the Camden underworld. Probably the smallest venue in London. Holds no more than a couple of hundred max. Tickets have been on sale ages. By way of saying thanks my arse! It's about time the vest realised he's got no credability anymore.

In light of the whole court case fiasco he should have disappeared completely for a year, let everything die down then try a comeback and not with the ridiculous use of operation mindcrime as a band name.

The guys washed up and finished. Even blaze bayley could pack the underworld and mostly plays in pubs around Europe these days.

The official capacity of Camden Underworld is 500 but tbh I can't imagine what that would look like as it really is tiny and if he's having to pimp cheap tickets so it doesn't look empty, it's over. For me trying to trade on his Queensryche past when.

a) 99.9% of people don't give a crap about Queensryche anymore.

b) of the 0.1% that do still give a crap about Queensryche, 99.9% of those hate his guts!

He's old, fat, has a bizarre creature living on his head and his voice is shot, I can't imagine why anyone would want to see that unless they had a hyperactive sense of  schadenfreude

Capacity 500??? Wow, I've been to the underworld a fair few times and I couldn't imagine being in their with 499 other people. It's dingy and small and would be a terrible fire hazard with that many people squashed up together.

I don't think Tate will be in a rush to come back to London for a very long time if he can't even fill a small venue like this. Would be awful hearing him butcher operation mindcrime songs on that tiny little stage. What a come down, I remember seeing the full stage show queensryche put on for both mindcrime albums at the Cambridge corn exchange a few years back and that was a very decent show, even made the mindcrime 2 songs sound semi decent.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 10:51 pm

I've been on a bit of a Queensryche kick the last few days and ran across this; it's pretty low quality.

One of the comments below talks of a bootleg called the "Crown Jewels" Anyone know anything more about these demos?
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 10:02 am

the sentinel wrote:
I've been on a bit of a Queensryche kick the last few days and ran across this; it's pretty low quality.

One of the comments below talks of a bootleg called the "Crown Jewels" Anyone know anything more about these demos?

Here you go:

http://w11.zetaboards.com/HEAR_ROCK_CITY/topic/11231014/1/

I've been visiting this place for years
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 11:51 am

Very Happy Thank you, sir.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 10:18 am

2015 has been one big Queensrÿche kick for me, and I'm currently trying to round up the last of their classic material.

Is there anything post-Promised Land worth listening to? I already have Condition Hüman.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 11:32 am

DakotaRogers wrote:
Is there anything post-Promised Land worth listening to? I already have Condition Hüman.

No, but check out QR-like bands like Lethal, Sacred Warrior, Heir Apparent, etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 2:57 pm

Wayne wrote:
Had to laugh 😆

live in London

By way of saying thanks for being fans of the music of Geoff Tate and Queensryche, we are holding a flash sale on what we believe is one of the best rock shows of 2015. Geoff Tate's "Operation Mindcrime" play the The Underword on Saturday 12th December 2015

So did the show happen? Curious to know how many people showed up.

EDIT: Apparently the show did happen:

http://www.moshville.co.uk/gig-review/2015/12/operation-mindcrime-underworld-camden-12th-december-2015/
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 5:16 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:

No, but check out QR-like bands like Lethal, Sacred Warrior, Heir Apparent, etc. etc.

I think Hear In the Now Frontier is a great album, though obviously very different. I think it's more of a DeGarmo solo album than a proper Ryche album. Q2K is a good album. Probably their last overall good album. The song "The Right Side of My Mind" is one of the best they've ever written.

Tribe has it's moments, but that was really where things began to fall apart musically. Oddly enough, DeGarmo co-wrote a number of the tracks, but overall it's not that good. "Open" and "Blood" are the only two songs that I really like.  

After that album, though...rough waters. From Operation: Mindcrime II, I like "The Hands" and really like "Re-Arrange You," but the other songs are "meh" at best. American Soldier is shit beyond the song "At 30,000 Feet," which is a great one. I honestly can't say if Dedicated To Chaos is good or bad or something in between. I only recently got it and can't recall if I ever properly listened to it. But coming off of Mindcrime II (bad) and American Soldier (terrible), it's probably safe to say it's not great.

Frequency Unknown, if you consider it a Queensryche album, has a few good tracks: "Cold," "In the Hands of God," and the excellent "Weight of the World."

If you're looking for an overall good album, though, you won't find it beyond Q2K until you get to the Toddryche albums.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 6:37 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Had to laugh 😆

live in London

By way of saying thanks for being fans of the music of Geoff Tate and Queensryche, we are holding a flash sale on what we believe is one of the best rock shows of 2015. Geoff Tate's "Operation Mindcrime" play the The Underword on Saturday 12th December 2015

http://www.moshville.co.uk/gig-review/2015/12/operation-mindcrime-underworld-camden-12th-december-2015/

Is he allowed to play that encore set of tunes? Wouldn't that be a breach of what ever settlement both parties reached?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 8:55 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
2015 has been one big Queensrÿche kick for me, and I'm currently trying to round up the last of their classic material.

I like "Hear in the Now Frontier" a lot as well as "Q2K" to a lesser extent. I would avoid "Tribe" and "American Soldier" unless you seem 'em real cheap.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 2:59 am

chewie wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Had to laugh 😆

live in London

Is he allowed to play that encore set of tunes? Wouldn't that be a breach of what ever settlement both parties reached?

I think the only restriction is that Queensrych cannot perform either Mindcrime album in its entirety.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 12:46 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

I'm already familiar with Heir Apparent and Lethal, but I'll have to check out Sacred Warrior.

Eyesore wrote:
I think Hear In the Now Frontier is a great album, though obviously very different. I think it's more of a DeGarmo solo album than a proper Ryche album. Q2K is a good album. Probably their last overall good album. The song "The Right Side of My Mind" is one of the best they've ever written.

Tribe has it's moments, but that was really where things began to fall apart musically. Oddly enough, DeGarmo co-wrote a number of the tracks, but overall it's not that good. "Open" and "Blood" are the only two songs that I really like.  

After that album, though...rough waters. From Operation: Mindcrime II, I like "The Hands" and really like "Re-Arrange You," but the other songs are "meh" at best. American Soldier is shit beyond the song "At 30,000 Feet," which is a great one. I honestly can't say if Dedicated To Chaos is good or bad or something in between. I only recently got it and can't recall if I ever properly listened to it. But coming off of Mindcrime II (bad) and American Soldier (terrible), it's probably safe to say it's not great.

Frequency Unknown, if you consider it a Queensryche album, has a few good tracks: "Cold," "In the Hands of God," and the excellent "Weight of the World."

If you're looking for an overall good album, though, you won't find it beyond Q2K until you get to the Toddryche albums.

Well, off to YouTube I go. Thanks for the recommendations. I didn't find "The Key" all too bad, so I might end up enjoying some of these.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 1:38 am

I'll leave this up for a few days:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13816621/Condition%20Human.rar

These are the bonus tracks that were on the limited 7", "42º North" and "Mercury Rising." I'm only sharing them because they're impossible to find unless you pay for the whole deluxe package (which might not even be available anymore). Both are really good tunes. A bit more somber with subtler hooks than most tracks on the album, but still very very solid tunes. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 11:09 am

Thanks Ken headbanger

Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 2:32 pm

Wow, thanks! Can't believe they haven't been uploaded to YouTube at this point.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 5:24 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
Wow, thanks! Can't believe they haven't been uploaded to YouTube at this point.

I saw them once, early one, but by the time I tried to listen to them they'd been taken down.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 6:51 pm

Neat-o. Nice one Eye!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 8:03 pm

Yeah, I have been checking on YT from time to time for them but nothing. Thanks, Ken. Smile
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 2:03 am

Thanks for that Eyesore! You da Man! Smile
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 2:41 am

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 9:19 am

After hearing Tate on the new Avantasia, all I can say is someone needs to pay Tobi to write and produce an album for Tate....it's the best he's sounded in 25 years.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 11:45 am

I think Tate's voice still sounds pretty good. He could do a great Empire-like album with the right songwriter and backing band. But it won't happen.

I bought this new album from QUEENSRYCHE and instantly regretted it. It has some good tracks but overall is very dull and safe.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 3:21 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I think Tate's voice still sounds pretty good.  He could do a great Empire-like album with the right songwriter and backing band.  But it won't happen.

I bought this new album from QUEENSRYCHE and instantly regretted it.  It has some good tracks but overall is very dull and safe.

Tate solo is terrible, and Todd-Ryche is just boring.

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 4:07 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Tate solo is terrible, and Todd-Ryche is just boring.
East meets West. QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 12087
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEENSRYCHE   QUEENSRYCHE - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEENSRYCHE
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next