Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018

Go down 
+35
metalinmyveins
brokentulsa
candlemass
manny
thejokeriv
DallasBlack
Mglaffas81
Temple of Blood
Olafsto
HeavyThrashhead
mikeinfla
Eyesore
Leatherface
Boris2008
scottmitchell74
Witchfinder
Shawn Of Fire
Wurthless
glassprison
Glower
the sentinel
exact33
Red Kitty
Fat Freddy
nevermore
Lari
Wrecked Neck
mc666
corplhicks
Gilbert
Dark Horseman
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
MoonChild
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 5:24 pm

I think Rob has/had severe back issues as well. It's one reason he moved very little on stage during the Nostradamus tour.

As for his being gay, I didn't know for sure until he came out on MTV, but I had heard rumors about it prior to that in the late 80s. As for Queen, I don't know that Freddie actually confirmed anything while the band was active. He just didn't deny it either. Everyone who knew dUg Pinnick knew he was gay for a very long time...before the band was signed...it just didn't come out to the audience until 1998 or so.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 5:40 pm

I think Rob and Dave Holland knew each other from London gay clubs in the 70s.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 4:31 am

If his book turns out to be nothing more than bashing the band, then I will have no interest in it.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 11:45 am

Something else that might come up in KK's book:

Quote :

A Columbia Records spokeswoman confirmed the remaining members were still signed to the label under the name Judas Priest, but Halford's attorney, Paul LiCalsi of Gold, Farrell & Marks, said that Rob had an equal share in the band, but that contact ended, so they could no longer use the name Judas Priest without Halford's consent. Fan magazines reported that if the band did go on, it would have to be called simply "Priest", or go under a completely new name.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2018 4:41 pm

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rights-to-130-judas-priest-songs-up-for-sale-after-k-k-downings-golf-dream-comes-to-an-end/

Poor guy, but huge spending like this did look really risky.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2018 5:23 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rights-to-130-judas-priest-songs-up-for-sale-after-k-k-downings-golf-dream-comes-to-an-end/

Poor guy, but huge spending like this did look really risky.

Ouch!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2018 5:26 pm

If I won the lottery I would absolutely bid on this.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2018 8:54 pm

So.... if someone buys out his share of the JP catalog, does this mean the credits to stuff KK had a hand in writing would then read "Tipton /Halford/(your name here)"?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 3:15 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
So.... if someone buys out his share of the JP catalog, does this mean the credits to stuff KK had a hand in writing would then read "Tipton /Halford/(your name here)"?
I doubt it, but if I had the money to buy it, I would insist my name be added somewhere on any and all future releases lol

Didn't Michael Jackson buy Paul McCartneys share of the Beatles music?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 3:49 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Nah, you just get money whenever they are published. And probably a line that says "tracks 4, 6 and 8 courtesy of Fat Freddy Has a Large Member Publishing"
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 9:30 am

I'm sure the value of those songs will depreciate over time. Not a wise investment.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 10:40 am

Quote :
Nah, you just get money whenever they are published.

Ahh. Here I was thinking this was part of a clever scheme to reissue the Priest catalog yet again, with updated credits Very Happy

Quote :
Fat Freddy Has a Large Member

I never heard any of the ladies complain Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 11:05 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Quote :
Fat Freddy Has a Large Member

I never heard any of the ladies complain Laughing very hard

lol!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 11:40 am

Too bad for KK. I guess the old adage applies of "stick to what you know."
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 12:46 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:

Didn't Michael Jackson buy Paul McCartneys share of the Beatles music?

Yes, Michael purchased the rights to a huge chunk of the Beatles (not just Paul's stake) catalog back in 1985. A few years ago, Paul bought them back (from Sony) after Michael died and they were put up for sale.

I feel bad for KK. That's like selling off your kids.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 10:21 am

Back on the new album topic, I finally scored a copy of Firepower this past weekend, at Wal-Mart while shopping with the family unit. I was actually quite surprised to find it there, cuz I had been looking for it in the SAME DAMN WALMART STORE on the day the album was released, and I came up empty then. When I found it there Saturday, I was like "Where the hell were you a month ago?" Haha.

Anyway, been listening to it a bunch of times and so far I am really digging it. Classic Priest sound, Halford sounds great, I got no complaints. At the mo I especially like the title track and "Rising From Ruins."

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 10:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Back on the new album topic, I finally scored a copy of Firepower this past weekend, at Wal-Mart while shopping with the family unit. I was actually quite surprised to find it there, cuz I had been looking for it in the SAME DAMN WALMART STORE on the day the album was released, and I came up empty then. When I found it there Saturday, I was like "Where the hell were you a month ago?" Haha.

Anyway, been listening to it a bunch of times and so far I am really digging it. Classic Priest sound, Halford sounds great, I got no complaints. At the mo I especially like the title track and "Rising From Ruins."

Same here. Bought it from iTunes because I couldn't find a CD in a single store. This past weekend I saw it in Walmart and Target. Where was it on release day?!?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2018 4:15 pm

In case you were wondering how much KK was earning per year from his Priest royalties - $340,000-$400,000 per year. Not bad!

https://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/record-labels/8466210/round-hill-acquires-share-of-judas-priest-catalog-including

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2018 4:39 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
In case you were wondering how much KK was earning per year from his Priest royalties - $340,000-$400,000 per year.  Not bad!

https://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/record-labels/8466210/round-hill-acquires-share-of-judas-priest-catalog-including

Dang. Poor KK must have lost his shirt on that golf-course/resort he was invested in.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2018 4:40 pm

Time to rejoin Judas Priest!
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 5:54 am

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 3:39 pm

A good, short video. Looks good, sounds good. Kind of held back the vintage Priest mannerisms though.

Definitely better than Hot Rockin', but obviously not as fun.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2018 7:42 pm

I recently had this CD with me on my drive to work and back every day for a week. And I've got to say I've really come to appreciate this album. It's the best Priest album since Painkiller, and that's not even enough - it might even be the album of the year for me.

There's so much good music on this disc, I just don't understand how they did it at this point in their careers.

Starts with fast tracks like Firepower and Lightning Strike and super infectious songs like Evil Never Dies, Never the Heroes, Children of the Sun and so on. 14 tracks, and the 2nd half is BETTER than the first! There's Rising From Ruins, Flame Thrower, Spectre, No Surrender and those are all for sure to be, in my opinion at least, classic Priest tracks.

It rivals their best albums and has a pretty decent sound too. And that Faulkner kid can play.

I don't know what magic they used to make Halford sound so good, but I don't care, he does sound terrific. It's like his old self, only with a more limited range. He must have done really well in the studio, because at least I don't pick up any of the obvious signs of studio trickery (aside from reverb) like pitch correction or autotune. Or Melodyne or whatever that is.

If he can still sing like that, it's crazy, and if it's so mildly touched in the studio that you can't tell then who cares if it's touched. That's okay with me. I like that in technology. Make it sound better, but do keep the voice distinct and the effects shouldn't hurt my ear either. They've succeeded in that.

Obviously the car is not the best place to analyze the sound of an album (especially one as loud as mine), but it worked well there. And the most important thing is obviously present this time around - the songs are all either good or great. I put the CD on the shelf for now, after 6 months of being on the desk by the stereo, or in the car, but I am definitely going to reach for it again soon when I need to hear more Priest. It's had a pretty extended run on my sound systems so far, and at this point of the year I don't think another album can match that.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2018 9:51 pm

^^^ I agree, the album is great track after track. It's so hard to rank it in order of favorites, but it's up there for sure. I had mine in the car for a week straight too, and never really got tired of it. I have played the vinyl several times as well, and it never gets old. I get anxious when I read they aren't stopping any time soon, cause I can't see them topping this album,or even coming close again. They captured something special IMO and if retirement is just around the corner, why not go out on top?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2018 6:28 am

This is the best album of 2018 so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next