Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

your favourite Judas Priest album

Go down 
+26
powermacho
jstate
Invader
MetalGuy71
Glenn Rogers
MetalH
the sentinel
Lurideath
James B.
SAHB Healer
Wargod
kmorg
thejokeriv
Tall Tyrion
nevermore
MoonChild
stepcousin
Fat Freddy
TheGooch
Chairman_Smith
ultmetal
Troublezone
Metal Misfit
scottmitchell74
rattpoison
mc666
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

your favourite Judas Priest album Empty
PostSubject: your favourite Judas Priest album   your favourite Judas Priest album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 10:52 pm

So many classics......

As hard as it is to narrow down, I'd have to go with Stained Class. Though I love their later heavier material (Painkiller comes in at a very close second), Stained Class has the perfect balance: it's heavy, dynamic (fast at times, slow at times, upbeat at times, doomy at times, melodic at times, aggressive at times, etc), intelligent, catchy, and so well-crafted that it really challenges the listener. It's basically the middle-ground between their earlier dark sound and their post-Hell Bent For Leather streamlined sound. Also, the guitar tone is very retro, and comes across very well in the lead parts. I can't think of the right words, but the guitar has a certain charm on this album. And, of course, "Beyond the Realms of Death" is one of the most incredible songs ever made. The intro is chilling, and the solos are mind-boggingly sick.

What's your favourite Judas Priest album, and why?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: your favourite Judas Priest album   your favourite Judas Priest album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 11:14 pm

i've said it many times on this forum. Sin After Sin is not only the best Priest album, but the greatest album ever made. it's heavy, emotional, smart, sophisticated, classy, powerful, & overwhelming. it pulls you in a refuses to let go until Halford's last scream.

rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: your favourite Judas Priest album   your favourite Judas Priest album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 11:20 pm

Hell Bent For Leather.

Do i go on a long winded rational behind why, no i think it speaks for itself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: your favourite Judas Priest album   your favourite Judas Priest album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 11:34 pm

Screaming for Vengence mostly because of the memories but it also has some amazing stuff on it.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: your favourite Judas Priest album   your favourite Judas Priest album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 11:36 pm

I've only recently begun my Priest journey. Painkiller is very heavy and I like it but Screaming For Vengeance is in my head all the time. I only have Jugulator as well, so far. SFV is the call at this point.

Last edited by scottmitchell74 on Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: your favourite Judas Priest album   your favourite Judas Priest album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 12:23 am

Painkiller

Not even close for me.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: your favourite Judas Priest album   your favourite Judas Priest album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 1:00 am

Hellbent and Painkiller
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: your favourite Judas Priest album   your favourite Judas Priest album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:52 am

British Steel and Painkiller
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: your favourite Judas Priest album   your favourite Judas Priest album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 6:32 am

Painkiller mainly because of the title track which is my favourite Priest song. Rob Halford's singing in this song is unbelievable. I also really like One Shot at Glory.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: your favourite Judas Priest album   your favourite Judas Priest album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 8:11 am

I'd probably go with Stained Class, with Sin After Sin and Hell Bent For Leather in a very close second. You can't go wrong with any of the Priest catalog from the 70's IMO.

ult

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: your favourite Judas Priest album   your favourite Judas Priest album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 8:15 am

Either Rocka Rolla or Jugulator
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: your favourite Judas Priest album   your favourite Judas Priest album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 8:29 am

Painkiller and brtish steel as they are the only two albums i have
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: your favourite Judas Priest album   your favourite Judas Priest album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 8:44 am

Stained Class.

Don't disagree with me or I'll slap the hell outta you. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: your favourite Judas Priest album   your favourite Judas Priest album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:56 am

Halford / Resurrection with "Painkiller" a close second.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: your favourite Judas Priest album   your favourite Judas Priest album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 10:01 am

I feel as though I have answered this at least 10 times here before .....

Mine is and always will be "Defenders of the Faith"
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: your favourite Judas Priest album   your favourite Judas Priest album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 10:26 am

Tie between Stained Class and British Steel. and every album from RR to SFV all tie for second.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: your favourite Judas Priest album   your favourite Judas Priest album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 1:18 pm

As much a great album Sin After Sin is, I would still opt for Screaming for Vengence as my fav.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

PostSubject: Re: your favourite Judas Priest album   your favourite Judas Priest album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 1:58 pm

Sad Wings Of Destiny
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: your favourite Judas Priest album   your favourite Judas Priest album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:19 pm

I've tried, but I cannot answer.

I can't even narrow it down to two or three. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: your favourite Judas Priest album   your favourite Judas Priest album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:28 pm

Painkiller - Defenders Of The Faith as a 2nd followed by Unleashed In The East. I love the live versions of their 70's songs.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: your favourite Judas Priest album   your favourite Judas Priest album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:43 pm

Painkiller - the album that actually made me want to her more Judas Priest.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: your favourite Judas Priest album   your favourite Judas Priest album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 7:08 pm

Hell Bent For Leather & then Stained Class.

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: your favourite Judas Priest album   your favourite Judas Priest album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 7:19 pm

It used to be Stained Class, but for some reason Sad Wings has aged better for me. I think it's a little more diverse and proggy for one thing.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

PostSubject: Re: your favourite Judas Priest album   your favourite Judas Priest album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 7:43 pm

Hero, Hero here ! has stuff from the first two lps. Plus the cover artwork is nice. I have seen two different covers, are there more ?

Laterz
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: your favourite Judas Priest album   your favourite Judas Priest album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 8:06 pm

I just can't pick 1 Judas Priest album as they have a LOT that I like and for different reasons.

Stained Class is definitely in that list and I agree that it has the perfect balance. Although I can't go without mentioning Screaming For Vengeance, Defenders of the Faith, Painkiller, or Hell Bent for Leather!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: your favourite Judas Priest album   your favourite Judas Priest album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

your favourite Judas Priest album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next