Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018

Go down 
+35
metalinmyveins
brokentulsa
candlemass
manny
thejokeriv
DallasBlack
Mglaffas81
Temple of Blood
Olafsto
HeavyThrashhead
mikeinfla
Eyesore
Leatherface
Boris2008
scottmitchell74
Witchfinder
Shawn Of Fire
Wurthless
glassprison
Glower
the sentinel
exact33
Red Kitty
Fat Freddy
nevermore
Lari
Wrecked Neck
mc666
corplhicks
Gilbert
Dark Horseman
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
MoonChild
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 8:10 pm

The new album is obviously a hot item right now. I went to Best Buy to get this... and they were completely out. Went to another Best Buy... out. I tried one more Best Buy and they had one copy but it wasn't in any of the CD locations. So either someone hid it, or the were once again out. Going to have to either order this one or wait til Best Buy gets more in.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 12:31 pm

This is a really fun watch and listen. I'm still perplexed at the album which is considered the watermark for Judas Priest. I would have liked to have caught this, when at ran live.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 1:42 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
The new album is obviously a hot item right now. I went to Best Buy to get this... and they were completely out. Went to another Best Buy... out. I tried one more Best Buy and they had one copy but it wasn't in any of the CD locations. So either someone hid it, or the were once again out. Going to have to either order this one or wait til Best Buy gets more in.

When RoS came out, every dept store this side of the Rockies had copies for a solid month. Firepower? Forget it. I decided to snag a copy for my dad's birthday and struck out with Best Buy, Target, Wal Mart, etc. Even my Rasputin's was sold out. Luckily FYE had two remaining copies (clear out in Clovis, a decent 20-30m drive from my place) but good god why is this album so scarcely available?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 2:42 pm

corplhicks wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

When RoS came out, every dept store this side of the Rockies had copies for a solid month. Firepower? Forget it. I decided to snag a copy for my dad's birthday and struck out with Best Buy, Target, Wal Mart, etc. Even my Rasputin's was sold out. Luckily FYE had two remaining copies (clear out in Clovis, a decent 20-30m drive from my place) but good god why is this album so scarcely available?

Because brick-and-mortar shops rarely stock many new copies—and those they do stock likely sell out if it's a popular band/album, such as this one—because most people either illegally download stuff or buy it online.

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 7:21 pm

I rolled into Best Buy today and ONE was left up front near the registers. It will be a shame when Best Buy stops carrying C.D's, because I always have luck with most of the A/B list metal artists.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 8:14 pm

I looked for it at 2 Walmarts, one Target and Best Buy. None of them had it. Looks like I'll have to order from Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 10:01 pm

^^ Same here. Struck out at Best Buy on Friday, got skunked again at a Walmart tonight. I give up...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 10:43 pm

While it was a little overpriced I did notice that our local Barnes & Noble had this....
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 11:18 pm

Amazon Prime, fellas. Free two-day shipping, or pre-order and get it on release day, sometimes a day early.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 11:40 pm

I went to several different record stores and came up empty, but surprisingly Walmart had a copy.
I love what I am hearing so far.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9854

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 3:34 am

Anyone got the deluxe edition? Does it contain any bonus tracks? I am still waiting for my copy from amazon and have no clue what the deluxe version is about.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6304

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 11:42 am

Gilbert wrote:
Anyone got the deluxe edition? Does it contain any bonus tracks? I am still waiting for my copy from amazon and have no clue what the deluxe version is about.

I don't think there are any versions with bonus tracks. I remember looking before ordering.

I'd still like to see the deluxe hardcover edition in person.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 5:20 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
This is a really fun watch and listen. I'm still perplexed at the album which is considered the watermark for Judas Priest. I would have liked to have caught this, when at ran live.

This was a good watch.

To me, the triumvirate of awesome consists of Painkiller, Stained Class and Defenders of the Faith. Those are the three best, and all sound very different to each other. Like, entire worlds and literally decades apart from each other.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28367

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 7:29 pm

I plan on buying it at the nearest store that sells CDs.

They'll have it. I've even bought albums by Cannibal Corpse and Overkill from them in the past few years, actually. Neither of those bands are as famous as Judas Priest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 8:12 pm

Did Martin really say they played a lot of songs from "Stained Class" on "Unleashed?!" Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2956

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 8:52 pm

Quote :

I think the "deluxe" version merely contains more expansive packaging, no bonus tracks. There is, however, an EP out there with the following track list:

1. Firepower
2. Lightning Strike
3. Never the Heroes
4. Beyond the Realms of Death (live)
5. Devil's Child (live)
6. Delivering the Goods (live)

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 10:11 pm

I love Razorfist!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7606

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 11:04 pm

glassprison wrote:
Quote :

I think the "deluxe" version merely contains more expansive packaging, no bonus tracks. There is, however, an EP out there with the following track list:

1. Firepower
2. Lightning Strike
3. Never the Heroes
4. Beyond the Realms of Death (live)
5. Devil's Child (live)
6. Delivering the Goods (live)

Are you sure that's a real EP? If it is, I need to track it down. Smile

There's an exclusive 7" vinyl single for Metal Hammer Magazine Germany that has Firepower b/w Breaking The Law live 2015, but that's all I'm aware of.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2956

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 11:14 pm

Right, I Googled it again and it looks like its just some unofficial, fan-assembled compilation that circulated in advance of the album.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7606

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 8:40 am

glassprison wrote:
Right, I Googled it again and it looks like its just some unofficial, fan-assembled compilation that circulated in advance of the album.

Bummer. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 2:38 pm

I think the very strong fan reaction to this album is very interesting. I still think it's a crappy album, but fans really appreciate that JP are making METAL still. Can you imagine what the reaction would be if Iron Maiden was making music more metal and less like sleepy prog rock?

mc666 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28367

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 2:51 pm

I just bought it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9854

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 4:51 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I think the very strong fan reaction to this album is very interesting.  I still think it's a crappy album, but fans really appreciate that JP are making METAL still.  Can you imagine what the reaction would be if Iron Maiden was making music more metal and less like sleepy prog rock?

Man i wish Maiden would deliver a straightforward metal platter...that said, i still find their latest album to be quite enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 5:28 pm

I got my copy, too.

I've been playing the first six songs on repeat all day.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 5:51 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I think the very strong fan reaction to this album is very interesting.  I still think it's a crappy album, but fans really appreciate that JP are making METAL still.  Can you imagine what the reaction would be if Iron Maiden was making music more metal and less like sleepy prog rock?

Do you like anything?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next