Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018

Go down 
+35
metalinmyveins
brokentulsa
candlemass
manny
thejokeriv
DallasBlack
Mglaffas81
Temple of Blood
Olafsto
HeavyThrashhead
mikeinfla
Eyesore
Leatherface
Boris2008
scottmitchell74
Witchfinder
Shawn Of Fire
Wurthless
glassprison
Glower
the sentinel
exact33
Red Kitty
Fat Freddy
nevermore
Lari
Wrecked Neck
mc666
corplhicks
Gilbert
Dark Horseman
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
MoonChild
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 8:47 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Wow!  This is a great album!  The last half in particular is superb. I highly recommend you pick this up.

I think mine arrived today but I was out so I'll have to wait till I can pick it up from the post office! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 9:23 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Wow!  This is a great album!  The last half in particular is superb. I highly recommend you pick this up.

I think mine arrived today but I was out so I'll have to wait till I can pick it up from the post office! Crying or Very sad

It's worth the wait! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 9:23 am

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 9:57 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

It's worth the wait! Laughing

I will order my copy very soon. I am getting the deluxe cd edition.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 10:04 am

Ooh yeah, been so busy this week that I totally forgot that this came out today. Might have to make a stop on my way home from work tonite.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 10:13 am

I didn't get my copy yet. Somebody post first impressions.

And maybe pictures if you got the deluxe edition or vinyl. I only ordered the regular jewelcase.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 10:44 am

Well I would have picked it up on my way home from work at my Best Buy but since it will be closing down soon because of some sort of leasing issues, they are not carrying it. Of course it's available at other Best Buy locations in my area but they're a bit out of the way so I guess I'll have to hold off on getting it until tomorrow, hopefully.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 11:30 am

http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/144152

Well that's not good.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 12:56 pm

Hope I get mine soon. No emails that it's even on its way so not sure when go expect it. They said when I bought my tickets, that the CD would be sent so I get it on day of release. My vinyl is on its way, but I ordered it from London, so I doubt I'll get that any time soon.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 3:43 pm

Okay I've listened to it twice on YouTube now and it's almost up there with Celtic Frost's Monotheist in the 'Where the hell did that come from!' stakes. Shocked

The songs are great, 14 songs is a lot but there isn't a track I'd want to lose and if this is the end then they are going out with a hell of a bang! Favorites are numerous but Firepower. Evil Never Dies, Traitors Gate and Sea of Red are particularly brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 4:36 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/144152

Well that's not good.

It sounds pretty good through YouTube but I've bought the vinyl and will rip from that so it should be better.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 4:48 pm

The Finnish reviews I read stated the sound is amazing. Maybe the quiet parts aren't what they used to be in the 70s, but that's modern, loud production to you. But it shouldn't be offensive.

I skipped the song reviews because I want to experience them myself one by one Monday (or whenever the hell snail mail brings me my copy).

Priest is my favourite band so this is like Christmas time for me. Except if Christmas only happened once every 5 years or so.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 5:18 pm

Listened to it a few times, GREAT album, best thing they have done since Painkiller. You can tell they recorded piece of it together and it pays off on the album.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 5:34 pm

I think it's the best thing that they have done since Defenders but I'll admit I'm kind of on my own in thinking Painkiller gets overrated because it followed Ram it Down and Turdbo

I would love to have heard these songs with Tipton/Downing at the height of their powers but sadly those days have gone and the guitar parts suit the songs well.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 6:55 pm

Most of the songs are instantly memorable. I have to think a handful of these would have been classics and live staples had they been released in the 80s or 90s. The loud production doesn't bother me. I wish Redeemer of Souls had this production.

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 9:50 pm

I hear traces of every priest album in this album. ... The lyrics are good and well thought out and the music is loud, raw heavy metal. Every song stands out and there are no fillers. Its all wrapped up in a modern metal production (volume included) and the packaging is what you would expect. If this was their last album it would be going out on a high note. Hopefully Priest has many more albums in them... Highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 10:19 pm

Even though I knew it was going to be futile, I stopped @ Best Buy on my way home tonight to see if they had the Priest CD. Of course, they didn't. Pfft.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 10:23 pm

I have it ordered. My copy just hasn't got here yet.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2018 11:26 pm

Glad that most reviews are positive. My copy should take at least 2 weeks to reach my part of the world. Longest wait ever.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2018 1:44 am

Trying my hardest not to listen to this thing on youtube, but if I don't get my cd tomorrow, I might just have to break down and do it. Especially after everything I've read here and other places.
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2018 2:02 am

my copy ain't coming til next week, but i did download the album through PledgeMusic and i'm really loving it, the more i listen to it, the more i feel like it probably is the best since Painkiller, i kept thinking to myself back and forth ("Did they finally do it?") and it sounds like they did. pretty much every song to me is as good as the last one. Redeemer had quite a bit of "Tedious" moments, whereas this album does not get "Boring". well done.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2018 12:03 pm

I'm really looking forward to hearing it. Sounds like a real winner.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2018 12:26 pm

The wife came back home tonight from the mall with my monthly copy of metal hammer magazine. Surprisingly, JP's single Lightning Strike is on the free cd that comes with the mag. I am temporarily served, until i get the album!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2018 1:21 pm

Honestly?

I've been playing Firepower all morning and I'm happy to report it exceeds my expectations. I have to come out and admit I initially found the singles rather bland and generic, somewhat aged. Good news is the rest of the album packs a much bigger punch and tops those tracks easily. While the riffs are still tired same-ol-same-ol varietals, they carry a sick flow and the song structures breath a good amount of intensity. Necromancer is a nasty little biter of a groove. And Children of the Sun, my top track, is an awe-inspiring stomper that almost acts as a follow-up to Metal Gods. The songs just get more epic and assaulting as the album continues and climaxes in glory. Rising from Ruins, which sounds very much like something Doro could've written, is FINALLY a return to the art of the Great Priest Anthem, horns in the air et al. It's just that the movements are a little limp and borrowed. I think what really propels the energy of the album forward is the near-cinematic berth of metal histrionics that flows with sonic thunder like a snowball on fire.

And Rob sounds GREAT. I don't care if studio trickery was used to get his voice up there, it smokes. His character is there and that's all that matters.

I'd say better than RoS in quite a few ways, a patchwork of their past albums. Great mix, too. If this is the note they go out on (or at least Tipton) then I'd call it a successful move. This album makes me f*ckin' proud to be a Priest fan. B+

p.s. I would say these album's colors don't compare to Painkiller at all. This is much more classic Priest.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2018 11:08 pm

What are the fastest painkiller style songs on Firepower?

I am only familiar with lightning strike so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018   Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest - FirePower - new album 2018
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next