Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Testament news!

Go down 
+11
EvyMetal
Temple of Blood
INVADERS
Todd Jaymz
GrandNational
mc666
DallasBlack
Thrasher73
ultmetal
Troublezone
Lurideath
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Testament news! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testament news!   Testament news! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 10:52 pm

I dont care what they name it,I just want new Testament!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament news!   Testament news! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 11:45 am

thrasher73 wrote:
I dont care what they name it,I just want new Testament!

Same here. They could call it "Cat Sucks on Mouse" for all I care. I'd still buy it.

I guess a release date has not been disclosed yet huh?
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Testament news!   Testament news! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 10:23 pm

blackieboy wrote:
Same here. They could call it "Cat Sucks on Mouse" for all I care. I'd still buy it.

lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Testament news!   Testament news! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 1:19 pm

Available April 28th in the US.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament news!   Testament news! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 6:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Available April 28th in the US.

YEAH BUDDY!!! I'm ALL OVER that!!!

greedy 🤘 greedy 🤘 greedy
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Testament news!   Testament news! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 12:23 pm

I wonder if it will be similar to the 90's stuff that was extremely heavy, or the 80's stuff that was more thrashy and melodic. I would love something similar to TNO or PWYP. If its in the Low/Gathering/Demonic vein, no thanks.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Testament news!   Testament news! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 12:35 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:
If its in the Low/Gathering/Demonic vein, no thanks.

Like the Gaither Brothers?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Testament news!   Testament news! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 4:49 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:
I wonder if it will be similar to the 90's stuff that was extremely heavy, or the 80's stuff that was more thrashy and melodic. I would love something similar to TNO or PWYP. If its in the Low/Gathering/Demonic vein, no thanks.

I like the more melodic stuff of the 80's as well, but I don't think the new stuff will be like that. They've progressed past that. I'm willing to give it a shot. I like these guys too much to write them off that easily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament news!   Testament news! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 5:03 pm

I think it'll have more of that early style to it, moreso than Low, The Gathering and Demonic. I base this opinion mainly on the return of Skolnik. Obviously Chuck sings heavier these days, but I think it'll have more of a sound akin to First Strike Still Deadly. Those re-recordings were pretty damn killer! And though they were re-recordings, sound-wise they were similar to the thrashy early stuff, but heavy as hell, like the latest stuff. I think it'll be like that album.

It's hard to hear, but if you listen through you'll pick up stuff very reminiscent of some of the early stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNPJmjRsDVY
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Testament news!   Testament news! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 5:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I think it'll have more of that early style to it, moreso than Low, The Gathering and Demonic. I base this opinion mainly on the return of Skolnik. Obviously Chuck sings heavier these days, but I think it'll have more of a sound akin to First Strike Still Deadly. Those re-recordings were pretty damn killer! And though they were re-recordings, sound-wise they were similar to the thrashy early stuff, but heavy as hell, like the latest stuff. I think it'll be like that album.

It's hard to hear, but if you listen through you'll pick up stuff very reminiscent of some of the early stuff.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNPJmjRsDVY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNPJmjRsDVY[/quote[/url]]

I hope you're right. That would suit me just fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament news!   Testament news! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 5:14 pm

That clip is better than the one originally posted online a while back. Still sounds like crap, but this one has peanuts. So it's a bit better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament news!   Testament news! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 6:21 pm

I LOVED "First Strike Still Deadly" - and I have a feeling this new album will be in that vein as well. I'm with eyesore here.

This is probably my 'most looked forward to' album of 08!

🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament news!   Testament news! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 10:52 pm

Recent comments from Skolnik:

Quote :
"The album is very traditional-sounding," Peterson told Decibel. "The ideology of what we're doing is like 'The Legacy' [1987]. But the musicianship's a lot better, so it's like 'The Gathering' [1999]. As most bands record their first, second and third albums, they're developing, developing, developing… until they've got their sound. Then they get worse. As a rule, you get good when you're starving and start slipping as soon as you're eating well. We never really made it to the big time. But, then again, we didn't fail. Because we've always been on that borderline, we've never had to make the kinds of compromises that end up killing so many bands. As we see it, we're better off doing what we do best, especially since things seem to have turned full circle. Kids even have long hair again."
Seems like a pretty honest comment. I have hope!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Testament news!   Testament news! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Testament news!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2