Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exciter - New Testament

Go down 
+3
Gilbert
krokus
ultmetal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Exciter - New Testament Empty
PostSubject: Exciter - New Testament   Exciter - New Testament Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 11:13 pm

Exciter - New Testament

Anyone have this re-recording? It's similar to what bands like Testament, Anthrax, Molly Hatchet and others have done recently. The current line-up re-recording some of the band's classic songs.

What's your thoughts on this release?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Exciter - New Testament   Exciter - New Testament Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 6:19 am

This came out some time ago and i have it. Not bad, but i prefere to listen to the real recordings/lps. Still a lot better then what DESTRUCTION did on THRASH ANTHEMS, destroying the magic of those early recordings.
EXODUS did a great job with BONDED BY BLOOD(LET THERE BE BLOOD) and SODOM with THE FINAL SIGN OF EVIL incluiding some rare stuff too.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Exciter - New Testament   Exciter - New Testament Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:26 am

I have it. It's pretty good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exciter - New Testament   Exciter - New Testament Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:51 am

I have it but will trade it if you need it, ult.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Exciter - New Testament   Exciter - New Testament Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 11:46 am

its one of the few discs where saying "ever song sounds the same" actually means ever song sounds exactly the same.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Exciter - New Testament   Exciter - New Testament Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 3:15 pm

sam wrote:
its one of the few discs where saying "ever song sounds the same" actually means ever song sounds exactly the same.

Perhaps for someone who is uninitiated in the Exodus sound. Being that I have been a fan of the band since the early 80's, I don't agree that every song sounds the same.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Exciter - New Testament   Exciter - New Testament Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 10:56 am

I recently picked this up. Since I only own one other Exciter cd, Heavy Metal Maniac, I'm not familiar with most of the songs. So having nothing to really base them on, I have no problem with these new re-recordings. They sound pretty good to me and the vocalist sounds great. At times, he reminds me of Neil Turbin from the first Anthrax cd. I guess depending on your opinion of Neil, this comparrison can be a positive or a negative.

It makes me want to invest in some more Exciter cd's for sure.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Exciter - New Testament   Exciter - New Testament Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 5:12 pm

ultmetal wrote:
sam wrote:

Perhaps for someone who is uninitiated in the Exodus sound. Being that I have been a fan of the band since the early 80's, I don't agree that every song sounds the same.

it was mostly due to the recording on the record.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Exciter - New Testament   Exciter - New Testament Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 7:07 pm

Without Dan Beehler it's not the real deal...Enjoy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/

PostSubject: Re: Exciter - New Testament   Exciter - New Testament Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 7:37 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
Without Dan Beehler it's not the real deal...Enjoy

You are so correct.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Exciter - New Testament   Exciter - New Testament Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:59 pm

Just got this last week. It is what it is. Not terrible or anything but I'd rather stick to the originals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exciter - New Testament   Exciter - New Testament Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exciter - New Testament
Page 1 of 1