Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)

Go down 
+15
MetalGuy71
brokentulsa
Big Rich
Required Fields
exact33
deathisgain
nevermore
Thrasher73
Noetic Effect
mikeinfla
Shawn Of Fire
Addy
mc666
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 8:50 am

Are that many people honestly (pun not intended) going to be interested in a Tim Gaines tell-all book?

Let's get real.  "I can't wait to read Tim Gaines' life story!" is a sentence that has never been spoken by anyone, ever, anywhere.

Even if Tim started writing that book today, Stryper will have already moved on with a new bass player by the time it's finished and published, and the response to it by then would be "Tim who? Oh yeah, that guy. Whatever. (shrugs)"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 1:26 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Are that many people honestly (pun not intended) going to be interested in a Tim Gaines tell-all book?

Let's get real.  "I can't wait to read Tim Gaines' life story!" is a sentence that has never been spoken by anyone, ever, anywhere.

Even if Tim started writing that book today, Stryper will have already moved on with a new bass player by the time it's finished and published, and the response to it by then would be "Tim who? Oh yeah, that guy. Whatever. (shrugs)"

They would want to read him rip on Michael Sweet, yeah.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 4:11 pm

I think if its well written and he hammers Michael Sweet etc people would be interested. If he wrote a book and it turns out Oz Fox and Robert Sweet were secretly married, and Michael Sweet liked hookers and cocaine, than he would have a blockbuster on his hands.

If his book talked about back stage shenanigans such as overindulging in milk and cookies, and Vince Neil called him a ding dong, than it may not get much interest.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 4:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I don't believe anything he says, so that book is of no use to me.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 5:10 am

Big Rich wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I don't believe anything he says, so that book is of no use to me.

Exactly! He's pissed off so whatever he writes will be an overblown exaggeration of half truths.

Anyone else thinking Roger Martinez here?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 1:43 pm

Tim's book in a nutshell...

I hate Michael Sweet. Oz and Robert are spineless cowards. They never liked me! The End.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 4:25 pm

Troublezone wrote:
They never liked me!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 8:02 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Tim's book in a nutshell...

I hate Michael Sweet. Oz and Robert are spineless cowards. They never liked me! The End.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 10:34 pm

Quote :
I don't believe anything he says, .

My thoughts about Michael..
I would be interested in reading a book written by Tim... I am in team Tim Smile
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 10:19 am

manny wrote:
I think if its well written and he hammers Michael Sweet etc people would be interested. If he wrote a book and it turns out Oz Fox and Robert Sweet were secretly married, and Michael Sweet liked hookers and cocaine, than he would have a blockbuster on his hands.

If his book talked about back stage shenanigans such as overindulging in milk and cookies, and Vince Neil called him a ding dong, than it may not get much interest.  

The last sentence here had me LOL

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 10:52 am

brokentulsa wrote:
Quote :
I don't believe anything he says, .

My thoughts about Michael..
I would be interested in reading a book written by Tim... I am in team Tim Smile

What lie did you catch Michael in?
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 11:47 am

Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 4 692390
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 11:30 am

Michael Sweet sez on FB today that writing sessions for the new CD are finished and they will begin recording before the end of the year. Still no word on who the new bass player will be.

I wonder if Matt Hurich is still available. Remember him? He briefly "replaced" Tim circa To Hell With the Devil, he was in the band long enough to do one photo session with them and then disappeared.  Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 12:16 pm

Sean McNabb or James Lomenzo is my prediction.

I could see them using a session guy for the record.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 12:45 pm

Big Rich wrote:

Or Michael/Oz playing the bass parts during recording and then finding a hired gun for the road.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 9:28 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

They would want to read him rip on Michael Sweet, yeah.

But he's doing that on blabbermouth. So people can just save their money and read his comments there. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 21, 2017 1:36 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Michael Sweet sez on FB today that writing sessions for the new CD are finished and they will begin recording before the end of the year. Still no word on who the new bass player will be.

I wonder if Matt Hurich is still available. Remember him? He briefly "replaced" Tim circa To Hell With the Devil, he was in the band long enough to do one photo session with them and then disappeared.  Laughing very hard

My moneys on James Lomenzo.

I remember Matt Hurich. There's still photos around of him in that session instead of Tim.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 21, 2017 5:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Big Rich wrote:

Or Michael/Oz playing the bass parts during recording and then finding a hired gun for the road.

They used a session bass player on To Hell and In God so that's why it wouldn't surprise me.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 1:09 am

Tim's leaving the band doesn't affect them at all. As long as Michael and Oz are involved, it's Stryper. I actually would like to hear them with a better drummer too. Players like Scott Travis or Jimmy DeGrasso could really update their sound.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 11:57 am

Troublezone wrote:
Tim's leaving the band doesn't affect them at all. As long as Michael and Oz are involved, it's Stryper. I actually would like to hear them with a better drummer too. Players like Scott Travis or Jimmy DeGrasso could really update their sound.

Stop this.

BTW, just listen to Murder By Pride. Kenny Aronoff played drums on that record.
Back to top Go down
FoJ
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 12:05 pm

Big Rich wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Stop this.

I totally agree. Robert's a great drummer, and while MBP is decent, you definitely could tell Robert wasn't there.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 12:26 pm

Robert leaving would not sit right with the fans.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 12:57 pm

Im sure King Michael can handle the bass....
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 5:09 pm

Michael could handle every instrument, that doesn't mean he will. Unless he's trying to save a few bucks.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 7:44 pm

Big Rich wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Stop this.

I don't like Kenny Aronoff's playing. I said someone like Scott Travis. I also don't like that album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next