Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)

Go down 
+15
MetalGuy71
brokentulsa
Big Rich
Required Fields
exact33
deathisgain
nevermore
Thrasher73
Noetic Effect
mikeinfla
Shawn Of Fire
Addy
mc666
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) Empty
PostSubject: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 8:58 pm

Just read this on Blabbermouth.

Whatever went down, it was apparently brewing for awhile. I remember hearing rumors that Tim was on his way out a year ago, before they did the THWTD 30th anniversary tour.

Quote :
Tim Gaines has confirmed that he is no longer a member of STRYPER.

The musician's exit from the band has been rumored for months, ever since STRYPER guitarist Oz Fox revealed that Tim was going through a divorce, forcing the group to take a hiatus and possibly consider a future without the bassist.

In a brand new interview with KNAC.COM, Gaines spoke about his current status with STRYPER for the first time, admitting that he was no longer involved with the openly Christian band that he played with for more than two decades.

"The STRYPER thing is a touchy subject right now," Gaines said. "I can't really elaborate on too much of it. You would probably be the first person that I would say to that I am officially no longer a member of the band. It's been out there for about a year now that things have been going sour. It hasn't been officially said by either myself or the band, but, yeah, I'm no longer working with them."

According to Tim, "all hell broke loose" after he "ended up getting a divorce, which is taboo as far as Christianity, I guess." He added: "Nobody bothered to look into why I got a divorce. It was twenty years of a bad marriage, but nobody bothers to look into the abuse and all the stuff that went along with it. They just see me getting a divorce and getting remarried and come to their conclusions. So whatever. People will be the way that they are. There's nothing I can do about it. I'm not the only guy in STRYPER to have gotten a divorce. Everybody in the band is married to divorced people. And I'm the bad guy, but everybody else has done it too, so? Whatever. Live in glass houses and everything will be exposed at some point or another."

Gaines is no longer listed as a member of STRYPER on the band's official web site.

A replacement bassist has not yet been announced.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 9:24 pm

There has to be more to the story than what Tim said...

Everyone knows Oz Fox had a messy divorce and that would be blatantly hypocritical for the band. It's been suggested that Tim may be a heavy drinker. I guess only the band and Tim know the real reason.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 1:07 am

So the least contributing, least talented, least important member has left again? That's a shame.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 6:29 am

mc666 wrote:
So the least contributing, least talented, least important member has left again? That's a shame.

Laughing very hard as usual, mc666 speaks truth.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 6:31 am

Statement from Tim:

Quote :
This is the "official" unofficial announcement many have been waiting for from myself.

I know many of you have been speculating the validity of the "rumors" flying around over the last year in regard to my position within the Stryper band. I had even been speculating as to whether my 34 year bass player position would be safe. In May of 2017, I received a letter of "termination" by Stryper's legal representative. I was very disappointed by this decision, but it was expected.

I want to thank the many fans over the years who have rallied behind THIS bass player. For me, playing the bass is all I am. Whether it be in front of a crowd of 30,000 or to a few in a living room. I just enjoy playing and making music. I have several projects that I am working on. First, another solo album. I have been writing music over the last several months in preparation. Second, I am getting ready to record another album with Faithsedge. We are hoping to tour Europe and Japan in 2018/2019. Third, I am playing in a "supergroup" of sorts, with several 80s MTV rockers. I can't really say much at the moment, but we will be making an announcement soon. Fourth, It's time to write a book... and that's all I gotta say about that.

See you in 2018
~TG

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 6:42 am

The Stryper guys are probably sweating the thought of Tim's book.   Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 7:30 am

IMO this is a dick move on Stryper's part Oz airing Tim's personal business in an interview yeah he got divorced I suspect that maybe he had an affair? and it was the situation that they kicked him to the curb I dunno. The whole situation has soured my opinion on Stryper I doubt id buy another album (if i could even afford it) of theirs again since their last 2 were duds for me
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 7:47 am

I have never, ever heard good things about anyone in Stryper EXCEPT my wife who said Michael was very nice to her when she met him back in the day. Even she was put off by the other three.

Over the years, and getting to know other musicians who know them or who have interacted with them, the talk of them has been less than favorable (to put it lightly).

At the end of the day, forget all the Christian stuff, they're just 4 dudes in a rock band who have all the same bullshit problems in life everyone else has. We just tend to hold them to a different standard because they call themselves Christians. All this "I'm not perfect, just forgiven" mumbo jumbo will only go so far.

I'm POSITIVE there is way more on both sides of this than Tim is saying. Of course he's going to paint the "poor me, I got fired" angle...but do I think he's some innocent victim? No way.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 8:43 am

I did meet Robert back on the THWTD tour and he was very kind to me. Signed my vinyl copy of the Reason For The Season EP.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 10:31 am

Quote :
I doubt id buy another album (if i could even afford it) of theirs again since their last 2 were duds for me

Diff'rent strokes... I thought their last two were the best they've done in a looooong time.

I agree with what mc sez above, tho, Tim's input in Stryper was always limited, so this probably won't hurt them all that much... it's not like they're losing a major songwriter or a lead vocalist.

The band has pretty much been the Michael Sweet Show ever since they got back together anyway. He writes  the majority of the material, he produces the albums, they record'em in his home studio, etc. etc.

Back to top Go down
Noetic Effect
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 4:35 pm

On an interview I watched, Mike appeared to be a good influence on George Lynch. A real friendship in spite of a stark contrast in beliefs. I haven't heard either Tim Gaines' solo album or Faithsedge ....
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 3:51 am

They're Human just like the rest of us. Of course everyone goes through crap from time to time. In the End their music is what I care about.
I will say though I think Tim has gotten treated like the ugly stepchild for most of his on and off career with them.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 7:33 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I have never, ever heard good things about anyone in Stryper EXCEPT my wife who said Michael was very nice to her when she met him back in the day. Even she was put off by the other three.

Over the years, and getting to know other musicians who know them or who have interacted with them, the talk of them has been less than favorable (to put it lightly).

At the end of the day, forget all the Christian stuff, they're just 4 dudes in a rock band who have all the same bullshit problems in life everyone else has. We just tend to hold them to a different standard because they call themselves Christians. All this "I'm not perfect, just forgiven" mumbo jumbo will only go so far.

I'm POSITIVE there is way more on both sides of this than Tim is saying. Of course he's going to paint the "poor me, I got fired" angle...but do I think he's some innocent victim? No way.

From what I was reading, Tim never painted that picture in fact he has been silent on it for months and then said Yeah I had an interview and yeah i am no longer in stryper

Ive never met any of the guys in the band but yeah in the end its 4 guys who are only human. I still say it was a dick move. Maybe Tim should write a book but i bet he'd get sued for it
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 7:58 am

Addy wrote:

From what I was reading, Tim never painted that picture in fact he has been silent on it for months

I just meant it's going to be one of those "I was unjustly fired" scenarios which the band will no doubt deny on some level...either the cause of the process.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 4:21 pm

mc666 wrote:

lol!

It's not the first (or probably the last time) he'll be out of the band.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 4:53 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I met Oz Fox in the late 90s when he was doing his Sin Dizzy project. He seemed nice and down to earth from what I remember... I asked him how he does one of his whammy bar tricks and he actually took the time to grab his guitar and explain it to me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 5:28 pm

Blabbermouth are having way too much fun with this story.  Current headline about Stryper/Tim:

"STRYPER Blames TIM GAINES's 'Erratic And Hostile Behavior' For Decision To Part Ways"

Quote :
Earlier today (Friday, September 1), STRYPER members Michael Sweet (guitar, vocals), Oz Fox (guitar) and Robert Sweet (drums) released the following joint statement:

"Dear fans and friends,

"We wish Timothy Gaines nothing but the best, and we will always remember the history and the good times that we all shared together.

"We have done our best to remain courteous and professional despite the barrage of disrespectful comments, posts and tweets that have been made public time and time again by Tim and [his new wife] Brandee on what seems to be a daily basis.

"The accusations that have been made that our decision to terminate Tim is based on his divorce couldn't be further from the truth. We have all struggled with separation and divorce in our relationships over the years, and it has never affected anyone's position within the band.

"The band decided to take a hiatus in order to give Tim time and space to work through his personal issues. However, based on Tim and Bradee's intentional, erratic and hostile behavior, which has damaged STRYPER and threatened to undermine the band's ability to go forward professionally, we were left with no other choice but to part ways. Tim and Brandee have left their scars and have hurt us in more ways than you can imagine.

"We were also forced to retain legal representation based on a public post/threat that Tim made about suing the band in 2016.

"Tim is our brother, and we love him, but this has become a toxic relationship at this point and due to that, we cannot continue on with our mission and stay true to who we are and what we represent with Tim in the band."

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2017 5:13 am

Now that Tim is "Erratic and Hostile", maybe his brother Steve will ask him to join Anger As Art.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2017 5:45 pm

Well, the rumor going around is that he cheated on his wife with a woman that was a groupie. He left his wife and took everything. That's according to the Stryper Fans United group on Facebook. Don't go there, it's like all the people from Wal-Mart after midnight congregate there. They take Stryper WAY too serious.

Like a lot of people, I've only met them at a meet n great. Mike is definitely the most outgoing of the group and comes off as a really nice guy. Online he comes off a little douchey.

Isn't this par for the course tho? Tim left the band a handful of times. Usually around recording time. And then returns to tour. How many Stryper albums has he actually recorded on? On that note, I will say that they have kept original members probably longer than most bands from that era.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2017 9:46 pm

maybe Gaines will form another Stryper featuring Tate, Blotzer and Banali.

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2017 9:56 pm

mc666 wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2017 10:18 pm

deathisgain wrote:
How many Stryper albums has he actually recorded on?

YABA, most of ATL except for Shining Star....and that's probably about it. Some guys are awesome live, but don't pull of studio work well. Fred Coury did not play on the first 3 Cinderella albums. Warrant guitarists did not play on first two Warrant albums. Happens all the time.

Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2017 5:33 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I've met them all , and they've been really nice every time.

But Tim has acted pretty shady the last 16 months or so.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2017 8:32 pm

Big Rich wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I've met them all , and they've been really nice every time.

But Tim has acted pretty shady the last 16 months or so.

I'm sure they all have "fan faces"....lots of bands do. They treat fans very graciously, but their interactions behind the scenes are what I'm talking about. My wife only met them as a fan, and she only had nice things to say about Michael. Robert was not really there when she met them, but Oz & Tim put her off by how they were acting toward her and other girls there.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 8:11 am

and Michael Sweet refuses to address the issue, I swear ive lost so much respect for Stryper over the last year or so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next