Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anybody here think Stryper might be done?

Go down 
+9
MetalH
arttieTHE1manparty
shamgar75
mc666
Thrasher73
manny
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Stender
13 posters
AuthorMessage

Anybody here think Stryper might be done? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody here think Stryper might be done?   Anybody here think Stryper might be done? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 2:11 pm

It seems like the Boston tour is doing well for Michael, and his wife is still sick. Rumors about Robert are running wild. Oz is in Bloodgood, though he could probably continue to do both. I just have this feeling that Murder By Pride may never see the light of day.

Anybody else agree with me?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here think Stryper might be done?   Anybody here think Stryper might be done? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 2:16 pm

What are the rumors about Robert?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here think Stryper might be done?   Anybody here think Stryper might be done? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 2:20 pm

I thought most of the album was already recorded.

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here think Stryper might be done?   Anybody here think Stryper might be done? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 2:24 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I thought most of the album was already recorded.

Yeah, I know, and Big3 put in on hold.

Quote :

I'm not going to spread dirt, but I'm sure you can find some if you look hard enough.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here think Stryper might be done?   Anybody here think Stryper might be done? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 2:52 pm

Stender wrote:

The only thing I read was that he wasn't playing drums on their latest album. They got session man Kenny Arnoff (sp?) to play. Don't know why, however. Robert certainly seems competent enough, judging by the amount of outside artists he's recorded with.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here think Stryper might be done?   Anybody here think Stryper might be done? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 3:13 pm

No I think Stryper will continue, probably more like a side project than their main band, who knows, Boston currently have two singers but as slow as Tom Schloz works we will all be collecting social security by the time the next Boston cd is released. We also forget that Michael Sweet had a moderatly successful career going which he will probably revive after the Boston tour, but I think Stryper will continue in one form or another.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here think Stryper might be done?   Anybody here think Stryper might be done? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 3:25 pm

I know Murder by Pride has supposedly been pushed back to an 09 release,but I'm hoping it will see the light of day.It seems like they have alot going on right now so who knows.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here think Stryper might be done?   Anybody here think Stryper might be done? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 3:34 pm

as long as it will sell, i'm sure it will continue in some fashion.

shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here think Stryper might be done?   Anybody here think Stryper might be done? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 4:05 pm

mc666 wrote:
as long as it will sell, i'm sure it will continue in some fashion.

I concur.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here think Stryper might be done?   Anybody here think Stryper might be done? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 10:30 pm

From what I understand, the STRYPER album is finished. The only reason it's being held is that Michael is touring with BOSTON and cannot do any promo or touring for it for a while, so they decided to wait until he could...that's all.

If they released the album now, Michael is too busy to do shows, press, radio, and any other promo for it because of BOSTON...the way the musical climate is today, they'll need to tour behind it quickly if its going to gain any momentum. It's better to wait until Michael's touring schedule with BOSTON is over so he can give STRYPER his full attention.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here think Stryper might be done?   Anybody here think Stryper might be done? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 1:08 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
From what I understand, the STRYPER album is finished. The only reason it's being held is that Michael is touring with BOSTON and cannot do any promo or touring for it for a while, so they decided to wait until he could...that's all.

If they released the album now, Michael is too busy to do shows, press, radio, and any other promo for it because of BOSTON...the way the musical climate is today, they'll need to tour behind it quickly if its going to gain any momentum. It's better to wait until Michael's touring schedule with BOSTON is over so he can give STRYPER his full attention.

That is pretty much what I heard as well...they simply wanted to wait until Michael could give his full attention to the Stryper release and subsequent tour and related promotion.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here think Stryper might be done?   Anybody here think Stryper might be done? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 12:13 am

Would not hurt my feelings..... if it never got released... I'm sorry, but after Reborn, I completely lost all interest in Stryper. For you guys that dig on them, I do hope it's released. I could care less though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here think Stryper might be done?   Anybody here think Stryper might be done? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 1:28 am

MetalH wrote:
Would not hurt my feelings..... if it never got released... I'm sorry, but after Reborn, I completely lost all interest in Stryper. For you guys that dig on them, I do hope it's released. I could care less though.

I could have written this myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here think Stryper might be done?   Anybody here think Stryper might be done? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 5:34 am

I liked reborn, it just got old faster than their other albums. Some good stuff on there.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here think Stryper might be done?   Anybody here think Stryper might be done? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 10:50 pm

Answer to the subject...I could only hope so
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here think Stryper might be done?   Anybody here think Stryper might be done? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 10:51 pm

Count me in as someone who was deeply disappointed by REBORN so if they decided to hang it up again... I can't say I'd be crushed.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here think Stryper might be done?   Anybody here think Stryper might be done? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 1:00 am

Honestly, I had no idea they were even still around... (I know, bad pun alert).
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here think Stryper might be done?   Anybody here think Stryper might be done? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 6:36 am

I hope and pray that Murder By Pride is released soon and the band continues.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here think Stryper might be done?   Anybody here think Stryper might be done? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody here think Stryper might be done?
Page 1 of 1