Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)

Go down 
+15
MetalGuy71
brokentulsa
Big Rich
Required Fields
exact33
deathisgain
nevermore
Thrasher73
Noetic Effect
mikeinfla
Shawn Of Fire
Addy
mc666
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 8:53 pm

I think Michael Sweet should leave and they hire King Diamond in his place
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 5:43 am

manny wrote:
I think Michael Sweet should leave and they hire King Diamond in his place

Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 5 438278
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 4:40 pm

More sour grapes from Tim G.
The more I hear from this guy, I better understand why Stryper canned him.

http://sleazeroxx.com/timothy-gaines-states-that-he-had-better-paying-jobs-working-retail-than-when-doing-stryper-gig/

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 5:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
More sour grapes from Tim G.
The more I hear from this guy, I better understand why Stryper canned him.

http://sleazeroxx.com/timothy-gaines-states-that-he-had-better-paying-jobs-working-retail-than-when-doing-stryper-gig/

The way he described being homeless and living in motels, car repossessed etc... is almost like a junkie in a downward spiral. Don't know anything about his new wife, but his attitude has really changed a lot since he's been with her. Could be another Yoko Ono. Courtney Love type of deal...
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 5:25 am

He just can't let it go! If it was so bad why did he stay with them off and on for all those years?
As the old saying goes,"The lady doeth protest too much".
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 8:07 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
He just can't let it go! If it was so bad why did he stay with them off and on for all those years?

"off and on" is the tell...he kept leaving/getting fired...then coming back because he probably missed playing music and who knows what he was told or promised. I don't think for one second he's the only "guilty party" in this split.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 8:28 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

"off and on" is the tell...he kept leaving/getting fired...then coming back because he probably missed playing music and who knows what he was told or promised. I don't think for one second he's the only "guilty party" in this split.

Agreed

I also think its stupid to blame his wife that and the whole split happened around the same time and he probably wasn't making much in Stryper, even when he was in he was selling memorbilia, and his solo album to help pay bills.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 8:32 am

Addy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

Agreed

I also think its stupid to blame his wife that and the whole split happened around the same time and he probably wasn't making much in Stryper, even when he was in he was selling memorbilia, and his solo album to help pay bills.

I would wager he was never an "equal partner" in Stryper...he was a paid employee...essentially a hired gun probably making minimum.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 8:38 am

Probably right

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 1:22 pm

According to Blabbermouth, Tim Gaines has begun working on the autobiography he threatened us with when all the poop first went down between him and Michael Sweet Incorporated, errr, I mean Stryper: Very Happy

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-stryper-bassist-tim-gaines-is-writing-his-autobiography/

Best comment under the article thus far: "I’m going to Walmart to buy this then I’m walking over the the ladies shoe department where he works and have him sign it. Then I’m going to return it and buy some dog food."

Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 2:33 pm

Ouch.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 3:14 pm

Chapter 1:
I was born in the late 1950’s. I grew up fast in the 70’s and partied. I looked like a poor man’s David Bowie. So anyways... I smoked a bit and experimented with drugs blah blah blah... then I became a Christian. Btw, I have a brother that plays in a thrash band.

Chapter 2:
Michael Sweet is a control freak and a hypocrite! (F bombs for three paragraphs) and the other guys are spineless followers! They never let me play on the records! Believe me people, I’m a really good bassist. Totally underrated!

Chapter 3:
I was fired from the band because I had an affair and filed for a divorce. Now I’m borderline homeless in a shit garage band struggling to find work thanks to Michael Sweet.

Chapter 4:
The End

Pre orders are now available for $49.95

*As a special gift for the first 100 orders, you get a $5 gift card to Walmart.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 4:17 pm

Tim's attitude towards those guys is divorced from reality. I would've kicked him out for good years ago. As you get older your tolerance for drama goes WAY down.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 5:01 pm

It’s true that Michael Sweet does have a big ego, but he’s always been the ambitious one and the guy that drove the band from the beginning. It’s obvious and anyone with a brain can see that Tim is bitter and full of sour grapes.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 9:39 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Chapter 1:
I was born in the late 1950’s. I grew up fast in the 70’s and partied. I looked like a poor man’s David Bowie. So anyways... I smoked a bit and experimented with drugs blah blah blah... then I became a Christian. Btw, I have a brother that plays in a thrash band.

Chapter 2:
Michael Sweet is a control freak and a hypocrite! (F bombs for three paragraphs) and the other guys are spineless followers! They never let me play on the records! Believe me people, I’m a really good bassist. Totally underrated!

Chapter 3:
I was fired from the band because I had an affair and filed for a divorce. Now I’m borderline homeless in a shit garage band struggling to find work thanks to Michael Sweet.

Chapter 4:
The End

Pre orders are now available for $49.95

*As a special gift for the first 100 orders, you get a $5 gift card to Walmart.

lol! Laughing very hard Laughing laughing
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 8:10 am

He's a sour grapes dude for sure, but I would wager NONE of those guys are "clean" and innocent. I'm curious as to what kind of stuff he says about them individually. I've heard stories from folks in the music biz side...but I've never met any of the Stryper cats face to face. I don't believe for a second that they were upstanding little Christian boys.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 10:22 am

Quote :
He's a sour grapes dude for sure

Tim Gaines is the Peter Criss of Stryper. He barely contributed during his years with the band (during which he was in and out several times), but now that they've officially canned his ass, he loves to complain about how they misunderstood and mistreated him.

Quote :
I would wager NONE of those guys are "clean" and innocent.

Of course they aren't. Remember Hunter S. Thompson's saying about the music business?

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 10:28 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
He's a sour grapes dude for sure, but I would wager NONE of those guys are "clean" and innocent. I'm curious as to what kind of stuff he says about them individually. I've heard stories from folks in the music biz side...but I've never met any of the Stryper cats face to face. I don't believe for a second that they were upstanding little Christian boys.

Did you read Michael Sweet's book? He seems to be very honest about all that, far more than I expected him to be.

I have no idea why Tim is so delusional to think he should get paid anywhere near what MS does considering that MS does 90% of the songwriting and work. That's the way music royalties work. Let's hear Tim write/sing some songs and see if they can compare. He has NOTHING to complain about.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 1:27 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Did you read Michael Sweet's book?  He seems to be very honest about all that, far more than I expected him to be.  

I have no idea why Tim is so delusional to think he should get paid anywhere near what MS does considering that MS does 90% of the songwriting and work.  That's the way music royalties work.  Let's hear Tim write/sing some songs and see if they can compare.  He has NOTHING to complain about.

It’s a very similar situation to the Greg Christian and Dave Lombardo fiascos. They all were fighting for scraps (money) in their bands. But the difference is that Greg and Dave actually did contribute musically and actually wrote parts. Especially Lombardo. His drum fills are obviously his own creativity. Tim Gaines on the other hand has always been just a stage prop. The dude is lucky to have been included for a free ride.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 1:41 pm

Greg is a great bassist, but I don't think he wrote much of anything at all. The Souls of Black intro, which rules, was written by Skolnick.

Lombardo on the other hand, was a huge part of Slayer's sound, so much so that Bostaph had to greatly mimic it. This is a case where a drummer really gets shafted by our current laws about royalties. His drumming MADE a lot of those songs, especially the Kerry King-penned ones.

A lot of bands fight over money because the songwriter gets the lion's share of the money at the end of the day. JP had a deal early on that all song royalties would be split evenly between KK/Glenn/Rob so that they wouldn't fight over it anymore and could just let the best material win. I think this is also why Ripper Owens was never really allowed to write anything in the band. $$$$
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 1:59 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Greg is a great bassist, but I don't think he wrote much of anything at all.  The Souls of Black intro, which rules, was written by Skolnick.

Lombardo on the other hand, was a huge part of Slayer's sound, so much so that Bostaph had to greatly mimic it.  This is a case where a drummer really gets shafted by our current laws about royalties.  His drumming MADE a lot of those songs, especially the Kerry King-penned ones.

A lot of bands fight over money because the songwriter gets the lion's share of the money at the end of the day.  JP had a deal early on that all song royalties would be split evenly between KK/Glenn/Rob so that they wouldn't fight over it anymore and could just let the best material win.  I think this is also why Ripper Owens was never really allowed to write anything in the band.  $$$$

Greg actually has writing credits for half of the songs on the Low album. Which includes writing the lyrics to the song PC and the bass solo/instrumental. I’m sure there are a few other parts on other albums as well...

As far as Lombardo, I completely agree with you! His worth in Slayer was significant!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 4:03 pm

I think Tim wanted to contribute more....but Michael pretty much calls the shots and rarely uses anyone else's ideas.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 8:39 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I think Tim wanted to contribute more....but Michael pretty much calls the shots and rarely uses anyone else's ideas.

You’re right, he did. But for whatever reason Michael decided not to let him. I’m sure Tim is a good bass player, but the question is: can he write songs that fit Stryper? He has a solo album, but I haven’t heard it. Oz has a few writing credits, “The Way” being the most well known. I guess ultimately Michael is the ”Dave Mustaine” of Stryper.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 9:04 pm

Just checked out his solo album “Breakfast at Timothy’s”. His writing style seems to be between low energy funk and slow grooves. I don’t think he’s a metal oriented player by nature, but he could definitely fit in musically with a band like Poco or the Eagles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5