Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)

Go down 
+15
MetalGuy71
brokentulsa
Big Rich
Required Fields
exact33
deathisgain
nevermore
Thrasher73
Noetic Effect
mikeinfla
Shawn Of Fire
Addy
mc666
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 1:14 pm

Shawn gotcha. Actually bums me out to hear that about Oz. Tim I'm not shocked.

Addy the statement from Stryper is Michael addressing it. He runs the band
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 1:58 pm

Yeah, he's addressing it. The thing is, he does not owe us gory details. He said what he had to say and will attempt to move on.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 8:27 am

Yeah I think the band has handled it very professionally.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 10:05 am

Ive seen no such statement only that they are looking for a new bass player. I dont want gory details im not owed such but dismissing Tim the way they did (Tim did make a statement on his fb page) after the longevity of him being in Stryper is a dick move plain and simple and as such between that and their duds of their last 2 albums I will no longer support them by going to shows and or buying their albums. Im done with Stryper, Ill always enjoy their earlier works and Murder by Pride but as far as im concerned that Stryper no longer exists.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 10:06 am

Thrasher73 wrote:

They didnt even do it face to face, they sent Tim a letter, how is that Professionally?
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 10:14 am

Tim has posted he has some other projects in the works one fo them being in a "supergroup" so hes not been complaining he's been keeping busy.

Quote :
Well, the rumor going around is that he cheated on his wife with a woman that was a groupie. He left his wife and took everything. That's according to the Stryper Fans United group on Facebook. Don't go there, it's like all the people from Wal-Mart after midnight congregate there. They take Stryper WAY too serious.

Like a lot of people, I've only met them at a meet n great. Mike is definitely the most outgoing of the group and comes off as a really nice guy. Online he comes off a little douchey.

Isn't this par for the course tho? Tim left the band a handful of times. Usually around recording time. And then returns to tour. How many Stryper albums has he actually recorded on? On that note, I will say that they have kept original members probably longer than most bands from that era.

I kinda pieced together it was something like that.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 2:14 pm

Sometimes people (Tim, in this case) can't be reasoned with. They can't be talked to. You and I don't know how many times they may have TRIED to talk to him and work things out. It's part of why they took a year off. Wishing Tim the best, honoring his contributions to the band, and not speaking ill of him in the statement is all they needed to do.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 5:17 pm

whats done is done, between the precieved way it was handled and michael's political leanings and the fact the last album i really liked by them was Murder by Pride Im washin my hands of them, sad really but it is what it is and that's all it is
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 2:56 am

Actually Tim has said that his marriage was extremely abusive and that's why he got a divorce.... he's also said several times recently that he despises religion and wants nothing to do with religion ever again.....
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 5:56 am

Addy wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

They didnt even do it face to face, they sent Tim a letter, how is that Professionally?

I'm talking about the whole ongoing ordeal. This has been going on for quite a while. They gave him time to work things out. They never did any mud slinging and wished him only the best.

Now I'm not saying I think the other guys are perfect and Tim is the bad guy.I think he got a raw deal a lot over the years.I hope they can eventually work things out and reunite but in the meantime this doesn't affect my opinion of their music.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 8:37 am

Addy wrote:
and michael's political leanings

Seriously? What does this matter?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 10:12 am

brokentulsa wrote:
Actually Tim has said that his marriage was extremely abusive and that's why he got a divorce.... he's also said several times recently that he despises religion and wants nothing to do with religion ever again.....

Was he the one married to a former prostitute?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 11:34 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

No, that's Oz Fox. He and his wife run a ministry organization called "Hookers For Jesus."

...you can't make this stuff up.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 11:40 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

No, that's Oz Fox. He and his wife run a ministry organization called "Hookers For Jesus."

...you can't make this stuff up.

lol! Really? Hookers for Jesus? What's Jesus need hookers for?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 11:42 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Dunno, but it would be a fabulous name for a glam/sleaze band. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 1:35 pm

www.hookersforjesus.net/

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 4:21 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Addy wrote:

Maybe not to you but to me it was a another let down its not the main thing just one of many things that put me off about the band different strokes for different folks but im done with them and im done with this thread
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 6:14 pm

brokentulsa wrote:

Have you ever met Tim's ex-wife?

The abuse allegations are pretty ridiculous. If you're the main  breadwinner and you stay married to a woman that abused you....

Addy, their lawyer sent him a letter because he threatened to sue Michael, Oz and Robert. But it's obvious you are upset MS supported Trump. That's more ridiculous than the thought of Irene abusing Tim.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 7:44 pm

Quote :
But it's obvious you are upset MS supported Trump. That's more ridiculous than the thought of Irene abusing Tim.

I heard that it was because the rest of the band supported Left Twix, but Michael stubbornly insisted on backing Right Twix.

Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 10:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
But it's obvious you are upset MS supported Trump. That's more ridiculous than the thought of Irene abusing Tim.

I heard that it was because the rest of the band supported Left Twix, but Michael stubbornly insisted on backing Right Twix.

Anything but Reese's is of Satan.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 11:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Dunno, but it would be a fabulous name for a glam/sleaze band. Laughing very hard

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 5:18 am

Addy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Addy wrote:

Maybe not to you but to me it was a another let down its not the main thing just one of many things that put me off about the band different strokes for different folks but im done with them and im done with this thread

It shouldn't be a surprise that a Christian band is conservative.

Addy, please don't be offended and leave the thread. This is a good discussion. We just wanna see your point of view.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 5:23 am

Big Rich wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:

The abuse allegations are pretty ridiculous. If you're the main  breadwinner and you stay married to a woman that abused you....

Addy, their lawyer sent him a letter because he threatened to sue Michael, Oz and Robert. But it's obvious you are upset MS supported Trump. That's more ridiculous than the thought of Irene abusing Tim.

Rich, are you saying the abuse allegations were b.s or the fact she was doing it?
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 7:45 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Addy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Addy wrote:

It shouldn't be a surprise that a Christian band is conservative.

Addy, please don't be offended and leave the thread. This is a good discussion. We just wanna see your point of view.

Im not offended I also don't want it to get ugly either, I just think for me this discussion has just run it's course and as great they were in the 80s I just get more disgusted as more info comes out. It all boils down to he said she said and I would think Tim has a right to sue them especially since Oz in an interview was airing Tim's dirty laundry which was also a dick move on Oz's part and was damaging to Tim. To me its the whole bit of Slash opening his pie hole in an interview saying Weiland got fired from STP. Having been in an abusive marriage myself I can understand and sympathize with Tim I don't condone him cheating on his wife mind you but I've been there and in a way I am still putting the pieces back together after 6 years. We dont know if Tim did everything he could to save and repair his marriage. It takes two to make it work.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 11:43 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Big Rich wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:

Rich, are you saying the abuse allegations were b.s or the fact she was doing it?

I'm saying I don't believe Tim's abuse claims one bit. I don't how she was in their home, but I met her once and she's about the sweetest woman you could ever wish to meet. And he was married to her for 20 years. Plus, it wouldn't be the first time he's lied to fans. If he proclaimed the sky to be blue, I'd walk outside and check for myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)   Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tim Gaines is out of Stryper (again)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next