Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE

Go down 
+14
Eyesore
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
exact33
BearOnUnicycle
Shawn Of Fire
Wurthless
Lari
Gilbert
ultmetal
mc666
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6382

Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 3:15 pm

Guitarist CHRIS CAFFERY Says His New Metal Supergroup SPIRITS OF FIRE 'Would Definitely Love To' Tour
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 9:47 pm

Wonder if it will happen since they both have so much other stuff going on?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 1:06 pm

I think it is very safe to say that a tour will never happen, at least with this line-up.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 2:11 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I think it is very safe to say that a tour will never happen, at least with this line-up.  

Yeah, DiGorgio will stay w/ Testament and Zonder will just stay at his studio. Caffery MIGHT do some shows between TSO tours, but TSO takes so much planning and commitment even during non-holiday months.

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 2:14 pm

I think Caffery jammed with Owens in Owens' bar in Ohio some years ago. And tried to sell his hot sauce.

A tour might be impossible partly because of schedules, but mostly because, well, how many people would pay to see Spirits of Fire? As sad as it is. They might do a bar gig somewhere for fun.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9940

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 3:19 pm

Ordered this one on Amazon today.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 5:34 pm

I preordered mine...but it hasn't shipped yet...probably because I don't have Prime.

Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 9:49 pm

Not sure if this link will work for everybody here.   The episode of Bar Rescue featuring Tim "Ripper" Owens..

Maybe he lost a chunk of money on this. The bar is now closed.

https://www.paramountnetwork.com/episodes/kt9eu1/bar-rescue-ripper-s-rookie-house-season-4-ep-36

ps If somebody has a better link, Post it. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 1:52 pm

Mine didn't ship yet either.

That Bar Rescue thing seems interesting. I will watch it.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 10:23 pm

Lari wrote:
Mine didn't ship yet either.

That Bar Rescue thing seems interesting. I will watch it.

Ripper is a very cool guy!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 3:03 pm

New video:

I actually received my CD yesterday, but only got one spin in so far, and even that happened in the car.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 4:01 pm

My CD will be here today....I dig what I have heard. It's got a couple left turns...

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 4:44 pm

Lari wrote:
New video:

I actually received my CD yesterday, but only got one spin in so far, and even that happened in the car.

Still waiting for my copy. How did you find it so far?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 5:08 pm

Tim's not screaming the whole time which is good. If I ever gain employment again I want this.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 8:03 am

I'm digging it. I like how they let Zonder/DiGorgio loose a few times...killer stuff!

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 11:44 am

Zonder is a beast.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 11:58 am

Man, that last track goes down smooth. Ripper is a bit subdued which is cool with me.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 1:51 am

https://www.facebook.com/ChrisCafferyMusic/videos/1134175613686775

If you have a Facebook account, go and listen to this Facebook live video Chris posted tonight (still going actually). He's sharing clips of six demos he did with Blitz from Overkill back in the early 2000s. Sounds killer!

He also mentioned he's been working on some new music with Jon Oliva, which is some positive news there. I kind of expected the next thing we'd hear about Jon would be his death announcement. =(
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37887

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 1:24 pm

Caffery posted today that another Spirits of Fire album is currently in the works.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 1:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Caffery posted today that another Spirits of Fire album is currently in the works.

Interesting. I really end up liking the first one.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2021 2:26 pm

New tune. Ripper is out, Fabio Lione is in.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2021 4:02 pm

Holy shit. Not Lione, no! I am a Caffery fanboy 1000% and will blindly buy anything he is involved in. I've got a poster up, autographed shit and stuff. But I really don't like Fabio Lione. I own two Rhapsody CDs (Enchanted Lands & Dawn of Victory), and I thought that was all I needed to endure in my lifetime. He is just not... good. Or, you know, something I can enjoy.

But I guess (?) I need to get this. It's Caffery after all. Ah, so torn!!! But yeah, I will get it. I need it. Give it to me, Chris baby.

That song is... okay. It's stock. Is that the song they expect to sell the album with? And, is it me or is Lione trying to sing like Owens?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2021 4:52 pm

I heard the song earlier. It's average at best...

I am also not the biggest fan of the vocals.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2021 7:18 pm

Lari wrote:
Holy shit. Not Lione, no! I am a Caffery fanboy 1000% and will blindly buy anything he is involved in. I've got a poster up, autographed shit and stuff. But I really don't like Fabio Lione. I own two Rhapsody CDs (Enchanted Lands & Dawn of Victory), and I thought that was all I needed to endure in my lifetime. He is just not... good. Or, you know, something I can enjoy.

But I guess (?) I need to get this. It's Caffery after all. Ah, so torn!!! But yeah, I will get it. I need it. Give it to me, Chris baby.

That song is... okay. It's stock. Is that the song they expect to sell the album with? And, is it me or is Lione trying to sing like Owens?

I think Lione is great, and I feel this song is better than nearly everything on the last album—which I like quite a bit, by the way.

The new song is much better if you don't watch the godawful video. Over the years, as less money is available for videos, I've found that my opinion of a song is directly affected by a shitty or lame video. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37887

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 11:13 am

(shrug) Meh. New song is OK. Like the last album, I'm filing this under "pick it up if you find it used/cheap."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3