Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE

Go down 
+14
Eyesore
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
exact33
BearOnUnicycle
Shawn Of Fire
Wurthless
Lari
Gilbert
ultmetal
mc666
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37724

Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE Empty
PostSubject: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 10:37 am

Lookie here, it's another one a'them Frontiers Records super groups... but unlike most of their random assemblages of no-names, this one actually sounds interesting.

lol!

Ripper sez "It's gonna be a cross between SAVATAGE and JUDAS PRIEST" -- well, duh.

Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE Owenscafferydigiorgiozonder_638

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/tim-ripper-owens-chris-caffery-steve-digiorgio-and-mark-zonder-join-forces-in-spirits-of-fire/

Quote :
Guitarist Chris Caffery (SAVATAGE, TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA) and vocalist Tim "Ripper" Owens (JUDAS PRIEST, ICED EARTH, CHARRED WALLS OF THE DAMNED) have joined forces in a new band called SPIRITS OF FIRE. The group, which is completed by the powerhouse rhythm section of bassist Steve DiGiorgio (TESTAMENT, DEATH, SEBASTIAN BACH, CHARRED WALLS OF THE DAMNED) and drummer Mark Zonder (FATES WARNING, WARLORD), is halfway through recording its debut album for an early 2018 release through Frontiers Music Srl. Enlisted to help with the writing and to produce the entire venture, including recording and mixing, is Roy "Z" Ramirez (BRUCE DICKINSON, HALFORD).

"It's going to be a great album!" says Roy Z.

Regarding how his collaboration with Caffery came about, Owens told Metal Express Radio: "Chris and I have been friends for years, and he wrote a song ['The Shadows Are Alive'] with me on my solo CD [2009's 'Play My Game'], and we've always wanted to write together and do something. And he gave me a shout and we've signed a deal with Frontiers. It's gonna be like a cross between SAVATAGE and JUDAS PRIEST kind of stuff. [Frontiers] is a fantastic label, so we're looking forward to it."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39932

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 10:47 am

That's a nice collection of talent there. I'd give this one a shot.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 11:43 am

I'll check it out for sure.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 12:16 pm

Pass. No one needs to hear Owens front another band.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 12:51 pm

Owens has been in a lot of bands over the past couple decades. I'm still curious what this will sound like.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9904

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 1:29 pm

I am interested. Any samples available yet?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 1:38 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I am interested. Any samples available yet?

Nope.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6350

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 4:32 pm

Instant purchase. Huge fan of Caffery.

That Play My Game album kind of sucked though.

But:

"It's gonna be like a cross between SAVATAGE and JUDAS PRIEST"

That sounds like it could be the greatest thing to ever happen in music. Possibly the greatest thing to happen to mankind.

Unless they call it "Fight for the Demolition".
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 4:55 pm

I own most of tim's work on cds so a new addition is more than welcome.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 5:07 pm

Lari wrote:

Unless they call it "Fight for the Demolition".

Good LORD man! Don't give'em any ideas!! affraid

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 1:02 am

Damn that lineup was unexpected, DiGiorgio is one of metal's best bassists, and Mark Zonder is one of my favorite drummers in general. Not to mention Roy Z produced some of Bruce Dickinson's best work. Consider me excited as shit.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 10:34 am

ultmetal wrote:
Owens has been in a lot of bands over the past couple decades. I'm still curious what this will sound like.

Dude has to work.

Had he remained in Priest, I don't think that would have been the case.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 11:19 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Dude has to work.

Had he remained in Priest, I don't think that would have been the case.

One of my favourite owens albums has got to be beyond fear. Pure metal.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 11:33 am

I love Beyond Fear and really enjoy Jugulator.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 7:55 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I love Beyond Fear and really enjoy Jugulator.

This. Both great records. You have good taste. Or we both have bad taste. Whatever.

Either way, Owens' singing was a little grating on that solo album. I hope he somehow contains it this time around, when surrounded with this kind of talent. I'm thinking Roy Z is the right man for the job. He knows how to get a good performance and songs always come first. Except when he's playing guitar, then guitars come first \'arry \'eadbanger

That lineup is impressive regardless, and I actually think Owens might be the weak link. No offense. I like Owens a lot. It's just that the guys in the "band" (if that's what you want to call it) are THAT GOOD.

Chris Caffery solo CDs are nothing short of amazing. If only he could sing. He's more focused on selling hot sauce than improving his singing. That's okay too, though. He's probably a millionaire with all the Trans-Siberian Orchestra gigs anyway. But maybe this one time everything comes together and both Owens and Caffery get everything together and something magical happens.

I'm hoping for a mix between Winters Bane and Caffery solo CDs, rather than Priest & 'Tage.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 11:26 pm

Oh yeah, bring back the Winter's Bane Owens and this will be killer.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 11:28 pm

Anyone owns ripper's solo album Play my game? Recommended?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 5:33 am

Yes. Not recommended. Songs are stock, performance is dull.

Beyond Fear is much, much better.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 7:28 am

My go-to Owens discs are Priest's Jugulator, Winters Bane's Heart Of A Killer, Iced Earth's Glorious Burden and Beyond Fear.

Dude's got pipes but most of the other stuff he's sung on has been meh.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 9:48 am

FF speaks true though the first Charred Walls is ok.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 10:07 am

Winters Bane's Heart Of A Killer is extremly good. Tim's best for sure.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 12:45 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Winters Bane's Heart Of A Killer is extremly good. Tim's best for sure.

Got this one on amazon over 2 years ago. Need to give it a fresh spin. I recall it was very good.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 4:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
My go-to Owens discs are Priest's Jugulator, Winters Bane's Heart Of A Killer, Iced Earth's Glorious Burden and Beyond Fear.

Dude's got pipes but most of the other stuff he's sung on has been meh.

The Glorious Burden is my favorite of his singing performances. I can listen to that album on repeat and never get tired.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 6:05 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
FF speaks true though the first Charred Walls is ok.

I tried, but I couldn't get into CWOTD. The band members are all insanely talented but it sounds like each guy is playing a different song, all at the same time. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE Icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 11:54 am

It does have that feel of each player kind of showing off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next