Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens

Go down 
+10
Shawn Of Fire
Temple of Blood
James B.
Gilbert
nevermore
Required Fields
Troublezone
Lari
Fat Freddy
Rami Airola
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

Number of posts : 175

Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens Empty
PostSubject: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 10:54 am

Goes to prove Ripper Owens will sing for anyone and anywhere at anytime Very Happy

He's going to be singing for the rest of their new album, Gazing at Medusa.

I think this is at the same time pretty damn hilarious and also really cool. Just imagine if they'd get Ripper on live shows and he'd be singing some classic Guy Ritter songs! That's something I would really REALLY love to hear! Please, let him do Ready or Not live!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37740

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 11:19 am

At this point I think it would be easier to list all the bands Ripper hasn't sung for. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6353

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 2:21 pm

It goes both ways - he must in demand. He's a good singer, so why not?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17111

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 8:31 pm

Ripper has been the "go to" hired gun in metal for ages now. I think that this could be a really good match considering Tourniquet's first few albums are in a style that fits his voice like a glove. I'm actually glad Ted decided not use multiple singers like the Tourniquet Ark album. This situation is similar to what Ripper does with Charred Walls of the Damned. So it might work out really well for everyone involved. I'm looking forward to this!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28526

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 8:54 pm

Any link to confirm this?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 9:46 pm

The actual Tourniquet site has no info or band news...
Back to top Go down
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

Number of posts : 175

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 9:49 pm

This is a screenshot from Tourniquet's Facebook page:
Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens Tourni10
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26113

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 10:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
At this point I think it would be easier to list all the bands Ripper hasn't sung for. Very Happy

lol!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9907

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 10:16 pm

Interesting. I am not familiar with Tourniquet but i love Ripper Owens and would love to hear what comes out of this!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28526

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 10:45 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12669

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 8:18 am

Think that covered the 250 bucks I donated to the album surprised

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 9:31 am

I used to be a HUGE Ripper fan.

Honestly, he hasn't turned in a vocal performance that I was impressed by since "The Glorious Burden".

He is the king of phoning it in IMHO.

I am also disappointed they didn't find a full-time singer instead of just hiring someone to complete the album. Considering their likely options, I understand this decision though.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26113

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 12:05 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I used to be a HUGE Ripper fan.

Honestly, he hasn't turned in a vocal performance that I was impressed by since "The Glorious Burden".

He is the king of phoning it in IMHO.

I am also disappointed they didn't find a full-time singer instead of just hiring someone to complete the album.  Considering their likely options, I understand this decision though.

There probably won't be any band activity like touring. I guess it was easier for them to go this route instead.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 12:37 pm

Quote :
There probably won't be any band activity like touring. I guess it was easier for them to go this route instead.

Yeah. But they did play that one show a year or so ago. I thought they might want to get more active on that front.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 11:46 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Quote :

Yeah.  But they did play that one show a year or so ago.  I thought they might want to get more active on that front.

Ted likes to hold out for festival invites. Laughing

TQT is basically just a part time studio band.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 8:46 am

TQT is essentially Ted and whomever Ted wants to include at any given time, essentially. Don't look for shows.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 10:03 am

I would've hired that current singer for Riot V if I was shelling out money. Ski too. I think they would turn in a much stronger vocal performance.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 1:54 pm

He should of hired Eric AK. His voice is still strong and very versatile.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 4:15 pm

Troublezone wrote:
He should of hired Eric AK. His voice is still strong and very versatile.

That could be cool too but to me having a Christian like Ski sing for them would be a better fit.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6353

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 5:35 pm

Owens still has name recognition. It's easy to see why, if several options are somewhat reasonably close enough, they'd pick the Ripper.

For Owens, this is not a big score. He stays relevant (well... as much as Tourniquet is relevant at least), but I doubt he actually makes much money out of this. He must like their music and just wants to help them out.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 5:47 pm

Lari wrote:
Owens still has name recognition. It's easy to see why, if several options are somewhat reasonably close enough, they'd pick the Ripper.

For Owens, this is not a big score. He stays relevant (well... as much as Tourniquet is relevant at least), but I doubt he actually makes much money out of this. He must like their music and just wants to help them out.

I'm not that surprised that Ripper agreed to work with them, because Ted is friends with people outside Christian circles like Marty Friedman (whom he has also worked with on more than one album).
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 5:49 pm

His next solo outing must be called "Heavy Metal Mercenary" cuz he is. Props to him as he has the talent and the pipes to do it.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 5:53 pm

I don't think anyone bought the first Tim Owens solo album so I doubt they'll ever be another one.  Supposedly a Beyond Fear album is being worked on but who knows.

I think it's more likely that he'll be asked to join Judas Priest again at some point.

I do really like these live solo shows he's been doing where he can play songs from all his previous bands, and occasionally even a Winters Bane song!

On a not-so-related note, I was surprised that Ted auditioned for Slayer back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 6:01 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
On a not-so-related note, I was surprised that Ted auditioned for Slayer back in the day.

Me too! Considering the lyrical content. And the frequent high speed double bass isn't what Ted is known for... although his "hands" and drum fills are very much in the Lombardo league.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 6:28 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Me too! Considering the lyrical content. And the frequent high speed double bass isn't what Ted is known for... although his "hands" and drum fills are very much in the Lombardo league.

My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next