Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE

Go down 
+14
Eyesore
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
exact33
BearOnUnicycle
Shawn Of Fire
Wurthless
Lari
Gilbert
ultmetal
mc666
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6382

Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 3:40 pm

I've been meaning to check out Perpetual Flame, but then I always remember how I feel about my existing Yngwie records and decide not to.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 6:48 pm

It had a couple good tunes but the compression ruined the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37887

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 1:40 pm

Caffery posted on his FB yesterday that he's also begun work on his next solo album. Dude is a busy beaver.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 7:38 am

Since it's on Frontiers, and the word "fire" is in the name, I think we can expect an album cover with circles of fire, wings of fire on a woman in a gown, with an epic outer space background and a space-phoenix in the distance...

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 11:59 am

Bahahahahahaha.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 12:22 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Since it's on Frontiers, and the word "fire" is in the name, I think we can expect an album cover with circles of fire, wings of fire on a woman in a gown, with an epic outer space background and a space-phoenix in the distance...

You're onto something there! You should work for Frontiers' design department! Very Happy

Maybe the woman in a gown should be riding on the back of a flaming Pegasus? Hellz yeah, that's so MeTaL. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2017 11:16 am

That's my next band name: FLAMING PEGASUS

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 12, 2017 5:51 pm

lol @ Shawn!!

it will be also be a great album but a one off because everyone in the rotating Frontiers supergroups have played musical chairs again...

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 11:18 am

I'm interested in hearing this. I usually give Ripper a listen to whatever he puts vocals on. Some projects are better than others. Let's hope this is a good one.

They've certainly got the musicianship down for this one, now lets hope they can write some decent tunes to go with it.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2017 12:50 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
It does have that feel of each player kind of showing off.

Well, when you have Richard Christy, Steve DiGorgio and Jason Suecof (of tech-death metal band Capharnaum), there's gonna be some showing off.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9940

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2017 1:07 pm

Lari wrote:
I've been meaning to check out Perpetual Flame, but then I always remember how I feel about my existing Yngwie records and decide not to.

This is a good album imo. It's got a couple of amazing tracks.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 5:10 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Winters Bane's Heart Of A Killer is extremly good. Tim's best for sure.

Absolutely!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 10:58 pm

What ever happened to this project?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 7:11 am

Lari wrote:
What ever happened to this project?

I was wondering the same thing.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 10:02 am

I doubt these projects have anyone committing more than a month to it.

Whatever happened to Tim Owens' other album with the keyboardist from GNR and Rudy Sarzo? Supposed to be more hard rock or whatever.

They probably shouldn't announce these projects until the album is in the can. Someone got too excited and jumped the gun.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2018 12:08 pm

So it looks like the Spirits of Fire album is actually a thing and will be released in February of 2019.

Frontiers just posted the first video for "Light Speed Marching"

...(shrugs) meh. Not bad, but I'm not sold. At least it's better than that Charred Walls of the Damned gibberish.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2018 1:56 pm

Awesome news!

I'll watch the video later. Caffery is my man-crush.

Edit: played it. Starts off being a great rocker, but doesn't quite know when to end. Running time is a minute too long. I love the guitar work. I like the vocal melody too, but maybe skip the last repetition.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2018 10:26 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

It’s worse! Laughing

Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 2 0798f010
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17160

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2018 3:26 am

Another throw away band.

These Frontiers "all star" projects never work out long term.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2018 5:06 am

I doubt this was meant to be a long term thing.

I'm just glad they are releasing the album.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7633

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2018 10:18 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
So it looks like the Spirits of Fire album is actually a thing and will be released in February of 2019.

Frontiers just posted the first video for "Light Speed Marching"...

...(shrugs) meh. Not bad, but I'm not sold. At least it's better than that Charred Walls of the Damned gibberish.

Hey!  At least Charred Walls Of The Damned did this cool Powermad cover:

Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2018 11:12 am

Pretty good cover. I the CWOTD first album but after that kind of felt meh.

Last edited by Dark Horseman on Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 11:24 am

Another tune from SoF...

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 12:27 pm

Fairly middle of the road, not bad but not giving me goosebumps.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9940

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 1:11 pm

Not bad at all. I also dig the cheesy cover art headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE   Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chris Caffery, Tim "Ripper" Owens join forces in SPIRITS OF FIRE
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next