Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New L.A. Guns

Go down 
+17
Witchfinder
Thrasher73
corplhicks
brokentulsa
MetalGuy71
Getizzyback
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
TheGreatDuck
Troublezone
Thelemech
James B.
nevermore
Boris2008
glassprison
Gilbert
mikeinfla
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New L.A. Guns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 3:58 pm

mikeinfla wrote:

I’m actually a little surprised how much this sounds like the Phil and Tracii version. It’s not an exact clone but they got the vibe down. I was prepared to shit all over this but it’s not half bad.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 4:08 pm

I agree with MG. Lots of similarities with the other L.A Guns.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 6:42 pm

For a minute there I forgot there was two L.A. Guns. I was thinking, "Didn't they just release an album last year?"
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 8:05 pm

I wish these dudes would just kiss and make up already. They can have like 8 or 9 guys in the band, I mean, doesn't Slipknot have about 13 people on stage at once?
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2020 6:14 am

DallasBlack wrote:
For a minute there I forgot there was two L.A. Guns. I was thinking, "Didn't they just release an album last year?"

Wait there's two? Which version is doing Crawl?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2020 6:56 am

This band is not even close to big enough or remembered enough by anyone outside of our age group to justify two versions of this band. Plus the Phil Lewis lead version has steadily been releasing albums over the past few decades, these name despite are getting silly, how much money can the name L.A. Guns really be worth?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2020 7:32 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Drummer Steve Reilly, bassist Kelly Nichols from the classic lineup and 2 other guys. It’s not Phil Lewis or Tracii Guns. They have their own version.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2020 8:30 pm

manny wrote:
This band is not even close to big enough or remembered enough by anyone outside of our age group to justify two versions of this band. Plus the Phil Lewis lead version has steadily been releasing albums over the past few decades, these name despite are getting silly, how much money can the name L.A. Guns really be worth?

I think that a lot too whenever these disputes happen. Maybe there is really no money in the name or maybe more than we all realize; or maybe, for some, they have been doing this for their whole adult lives and at the ages they are at, there is nothing else to do.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 7:04 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Drummer Steve Reilly, bassist Kelly Nichols from the classic lineup and 2 other guys. It’s not Phil Lewis or Tracii Guns. They have their own version.

I had no idea. I only knew of the Tracii and Phil version. Maybe that is why this tune didn't sound like what I expected. And like others said I thought they had just released something new recently so I was thinking "man that was quick".

I did some reading on the situation and Tracii and Phil have sued Steve over the use of the name and it is dragging out like the QR deal before the lawsuit was settled over that name. Surprised they didn't come up with some kind of dumb "Frequency Unknown" type name hahaha.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 5:27 am

New tune from the "real" LA Guns. A slow tune but I like it, kind of haunting

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 6:40 am

^^^^ This is the version of the band I prefer. That song is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 12:26 pm

This song is awesome. I think this is the best they've sounded since reuniting!

Last edited by glassprison on Wed May 06, 2020 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 12:37 pm

Very good song.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 7:16 pm

Yeah, not bad at all.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2020 7:12 am

The new song from Phil and Tracii is fantastic! It’s just like the old days.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 11:36 am

Oddly, I'm liking both songs from both versions. I'd like to hear a little more from Reily's version before I'd commit to purchase though, just to make sure that first tune wasn't a fluke.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 12:23 pm

What’s the chance of both LA Guns touring together? Laughing
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 8:51 pm

Troublezone wrote:

With all the weird shit's thats been going down in 2020, nothing would surprise me at this point.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2020 8:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

With all the weird shit's thats been going down in 2020, nothing would surprise me at this point.

Well, sir, would this surprise you?

https://sleazeroxx.com/four-members-of-lewis-guns-l-a-guns-version-playing-on-pop-rocker-tiffanys-upcoming-album/
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 9:17 am

the sentinel wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Well, sir, would this surprise you?

https://sleazeroxx.com/four-members-of-lewis-guns-l-a-guns-version-playing-on-pop-rocker-tiffanys-upcoming-album/

Sure, why not? Laughing very hard

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2020 7:14 am

Another new song from the "other LA Guns"

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2020 8:26 am

I'm not digging this one as much as the first song they released, but I'm not hating it either. Call me crazy, but the Steve Reilly version just might have some merit. I was fully prepared to write them off as a joke, but maybe not.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2020 10:30 am

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2020 1:02 pm

I will order that Renegades cd when it's out. I really liked the samples.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2020 4:15 pm

I don’t mind the Steve Riley version because he has a pretty decent band put together (which includes Kelly Nickels) and some authentically good songs. But let’s be honest, he should just change the name to Steve Riley’s LA Guns because Phil and Tracii are the essence of the band. Phil’s voice is signature, and Tracii is the founder.

I don’t necessarily see it as Phil quitting this time... it’s more like he left Steve behind and recruited Tracii back. The only truth is that Steve never quit since he joined on the first album. He’s been there the entire time and that is to his credit!

*correction* Steve Riley didn’t play on the Vicious Circle album. But he rejoined right after the recording. So it was only a very short separation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New L.A. Guns
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next