Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New L.A. Guns

Go down 
+17
Witchfinder
Thrasher73
corplhicks
brokentulsa
MetalGuy71
Getizzyback
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
TheGreatDuck
Troublezone
Thelemech
James B.
nevermore
Boris2008
glassprison
Gilbert
mikeinfla
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New L.A. Guns - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:13 pm

This album's gonna be a real corker. Can't wait.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9884

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:54 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Ordered vicious circle a few days ago. Has some really heavy tunes.

That's one of my favorite albums of theirs. It got swept under the carpet during the whole grunge era of the 90's, but it's a killer album.

Ordered 2 additional L.A. Guns albums: the self titled and Hollywood forever headbanger
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 5:02 am

I picked this album up and gotta say it is fantastic...Highly recommended...
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 6:19 am

My copy is on its way. Cannot wait \m/
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 11:16 am

I didn't really care for the two tracks that came out after "Speed" ("The Devil Made Me Do It" and "Christine"). Luckily, those are exceptions in what is otherwise a great album. "The Flood's the Fault of the Rain," "Don't Bring a Knife to a Gunfight," and the title track are all immediately likeable on first listen.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 5:09 pm

I'm digging it. I haven't bought a LA Guns album for maybe 15 years, but I'm glad I got this one. Very solid album and definitely in line with their first 4 albums.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 5:50 pm

I'm enjoying this new album. I'm a bit of a fan-boy and like pretty much everything they've done so this album is no exception. Take that for what it's worth.

Long- time fans should enjoy this though. Sounds like classic LA Guns to me.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12615

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 6:36 pm

me likey

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 6:52 pm

It's killer!

Anyone else think Phil's voice here is nearly as strong as it was? Dude is on fire!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 9:33 pm

I am drooling already!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2017 6:06 pm

I've been enjoying it. Sounds like classic LA Guns!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2017 7:00 pm

I am curious what the anticipated guns n roses album will sound like!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 7:30 pm

I thought this was interesting.

The current bass player in LA Guns, Johnny Martin, is being accused of ripping off his old band, the Raskins. He claims he wrote the music while Phil Lewis wrote new lyrics. The Raskin brothers feel otherwise, saying it's their song and Martin and Lewis (heh!) stole it. You be the judge...

LA Guns - Baby Gotta Fever

The Raskins - Scream Out Loud

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 2:55 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I thought this was interesting.

The current bass player in LA Guns, Johnny Martin, is being accused of ripping off his old band, the Raskins. He claims he wrote the music while Phil Lewis wrote new lyrics. The Raskin brothers feel otherwise, saying it's their song and Martin and Lewis (heh!) stole it. You be the judge...

LA Guns - Baby Gotta Fever

The Raskins - Scream Out Loud

Well, it's obviously the same riff...
Who has the writing credit on the Raskins album?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 4:55 am

That night of the living dead scared the hell out of me as a kid. The walker in the cemetary scene looked like our neighbor Smile
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 5:03 am

I guess some of the elements are quite similar but with the different vocal melodies the overall feel is totally different in each case. I don't see this case going very far...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 4:48 pm

At the moment, I think it's just an social media thing. One of the guys from The Raskins tweeted out that it's their song, while Johnny Martin responded that he wrote the music. Noones taking legal action.

In this day and age, both parties would spend more in legal fees than they'd ever receive in royalty checks anyway.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 5:19 pm

I'm happy to say this new album has met my expectations. It's everything I've come to expect from L.A. Guns. My only minor criticism is the ballad 'Christine'. Not so much the song itself, but just the notion of "power ballads" in general.

They were a necessary evil back in the day, but in 2018, they just seem pointless and drag down the energy of the album.

That being said, I still expect this album to be in the top 3 or so for 2017.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 8:18 pm

Anyone familiar with the band's lost in the city of angels double release? I blindly ordered it on amazon without doing any reading first.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 8:27 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Anyone familiar with the band's lost in the city of angels double release? I blindly ordered it on amazon without doing any reading first.

I don't own it, but I believe it's just a re-release of the albums Man on the Moon and Waking the Dead packaged together in a 2-for-1 kinda deal.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 8:52 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I don't own it, but I believe it's just a re-release of  the albums Man on the Moon and Waking the Dead packaged together in a 2-for-1 kinda deal.

Very good deal then. I believe that waking the dead is one of their best releases.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 4:40 pm

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 6:48 pm

I like it. But, then again, I like almost everything they have done. With the exception of Shrinking Violet, of course. I feel as though, since Hollywood Forever, they have done a good job of "modernizing" their sound without losing their identity.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 10:08 pm

mikeinfla wrote:

This the drummer's version?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 10:54 pm

Yes. This is the Steve Reilly version of LA Guns. Kelly Nichols from the original Guns lineup is also on bass. The singer and guitarist are some scabs Steve picked up that have been hanging at the Rainbow since 1987 😜

PostSubject: Re: New L.A. Guns   New L.A. Guns - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New L.A. Guns
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next