Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ozzy & Zakk Reunite for Tour

Go down 
+2
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Ozzy & Zakk Reunite for Tour Empty
PostSubject: Ozzy & Zakk Reunite for Tour   Ozzy & Zakk Reunite for Tour Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 3:47 pm

For the first time in more than a decade, Ozzy Osbourne and Zakk Wylde are together again.

Known as one of rock's most lethal singer and guitarist pairings, the two will hit the road for a series of Ozzy headlining shows in the U.S. this summer and fall, beginning July 14.

While they've performed together over the years, these shows are the first collaboration for the duo for a full tour since 2006. These dates also mark Ozzy's first solo tour in the U.S. in years beyond one Ozzy & Friends performance at the Voodoo Music + Arts Experience in New Orleans, Louisiana in October 2015.

Ozzy and Zakk first teamed up 30 years ago when Zakk (whom Ozzy describes as "a f*cking absolutely amazing guitar player") joined Ozzy's band in 1987; they last recorded in 2007 on Ozzy's acclaimed "Black Rain" album.

In addition to reuniting with Zakk Wylde on guitar, Ozzy's band will include longtime collaborators Rob "Blasko" Nicholson (bass), Tommy Clufetos (drums) and Adam Wakeman (keyboards). Ozzy's tour dates kick off in July at the Rock USA festival in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, with additional dates to be announced in the coming weeks.

"I'm so happy to be getting back on the road with Zakk, Blasko, Tommy and Adam," says Ozzy Osbourne. "This is what I do. This is where I belong, on the road."

Ozzy's initial 2017 tour dates are as follows:

Jul. 14 - Oshkosh, WI Ozzy at Rock USA
Jul. 16 - Chicago, IL Chicago Open Air Festival
Aug. 09 - Sturgis, SD The Legendary Buffalo Chip
Aug. 21 - Cartersville, IL Moonstock 2017 Festival

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy & Zakk Reunite for Tour   Ozzy & Zakk Reunite for Tour Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 3:51 pm

Are there going to be more dates? That isn't really a tour as much as hitting some fests in the Summer.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy & Zakk Reunite for Tour   Ozzy & Zakk Reunite for Tour Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 4:03 pm

I wouldn't mind catching that, but I know there will be no shows near me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy & Zakk Reunite for Tour   Ozzy & Zakk Reunite for Tour Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 4:07 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Are there going to be more dates? That isn't really a tour as much as hitting some fests in the Summer.

More are supposed to be announced soon.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy & Zakk Reunite for Tour   Ozzy & Zakk Reunite for Tour Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 10:49 pm

hope this leads to a new album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy & Zakk Reunite for Tour   Ozzy & Zakk Reunite for Tour Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 3:07 am

If they could at least manage to make an album a fraction as good as No More Tears, I would be amazed.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy & Zakk Reunite for Tour   Ozzy & Zakk Reunite for Tour Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 10:13 am

Gilbert wrote:
hope this leads to a new album.

Me too. While I'd love to see them live, I'm really more interested in a new album with Zakk's input. Ozzy's last album Scream just felt so, I dunno, by-the-numbers and life-less.

Like him or not, Oz needs someone like Zakk that actually cares what the music sounds like and is not just there to collect a paycheck and do whatever Sharon says.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy & Zakk Reunite for Tour   Ozzy & Zakk Reunite for Tour Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 11:50 am

It would only happen if Sharon lets Ozzy do it. It's a good sign they're playing together, sets the stage for saying how they clicked again and it felt natural and now we can do an album.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy & Zakk Reunite for Tour   Ozzy & Zakk Reunite for Tour Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 2:20 pm

"I'm really looking forward to The HARDCORE POWAHLIFTING TRAINING SESSIONS with OZZY as well as playing music in between sets of HEAVY SQUATS, BENCHING and DEADLIFTS," Zakk Wylde adds"

lol, Zakk has good sense of humor..

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy & Zakk Reunite for Tour   Ozzy & Zakk Reunite for Tour Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 10:38 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
It would only happen if Sharon lets Ozzy do it. It's a good sign they're playing together, sets the stage for saying how they clicked again and it felt natural and now we can do an album.

As much as I dislike her (and that's a vast understatement), I do think she's a shrewd business person. She knows that putting them 2 back together will generate interest again in Ozzy's solo career now that Sabbath is done. She'd be foolish to miss an opportunity like that.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy & Zakk Reunite for Tour   Ozzy & Zakk Reunite for Tour Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 12:42 pm

Can ozzy still sing anyways?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy & Zakk Reunite for Tour   Ozzy & Zakk Reunite for Tour Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 10:26 am

Gilbert wrote:
Can ozzy still sing anyways?

Eh, kinda. When I saw him with Sabbath, he was out of tune and warbly, but that's part of his charm, ya know. It's Ozzy being Ozzy. Nothing they can't fix in the studio these days. Razz

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy & Zakk Reunite for Tour   Ozzy & Zakk Reunite for Tour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ozzy & Zakk Reunite for Tour
Page 1 of 1