Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zakk/Gus G

Go down 
+12
KauzeLSK
MetalH
Mglaffas81
Addy
Lurideath
chewie
James B.
MetalRob331
MEGATRON
ultmetal
mc666
Wargod
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Zakk/Gus G Empty
PostSubject: Zakk/Gus G   Zakk/Gus G Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:24 pm

This comes from Facebook. There is this DJ called LovelyLaura and posted on herwall that she loved Gus G's guitar playing and she knew he would do something special. There is no denying his playing ability. I made a comment that I loved his playing as well always have.
But then entered this arse called LaneSteele who made this comment:

Lane Steele R u frickin serious? that guy without a doubt sucks in everyway! His style sucks! His leads suck! Watching him Fail horribly "TRYING" play Zakk's riffs is an insault to anyone with any musical intelligence. PS The new ozzy album is a piece of smurf poo!

Well we have had this debate going on about thi,s I like Gu,s he likes Zakk. I am not a Zakk fan sure he is talented but I don't care for his style almost all of his stuff sounds the same guitar wise. Especially that wah sound he does all the time it is annoying.

Gus is not trying to be Zakk but but when it comes to playing those songs with Ozzy he is gonna have to play that guitar style close to what Zakk did. It is not going to be exact so he will have to do the best he can. This Lane Steele IMO thinks that Zakk is the guitar player, but IMO I prefer Gus over Zakk both are 2 different styles. It's like comparing apples to oranges they don't compare!

This guy won't quit. But then again there are alot of narrow minded people in the world and some never expand the musical horizons.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Zakk/Gus G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zakk/Gus G   Zakk/Gus G Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:34 pm

just agree to disagree. both are talented guitar players, so it all comes down to personal tastes.

Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Zakk/Gus G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zakk/Gus G   Zakk/Gus G Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:09 pm

mc666 wrote:
just agree to disagree. both are talented guitar players, so it all comes down to personal tastes.

Here here I tried to tell him that but he insists Zakk is the greatest guitarist ever. Kids nowdays!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Zakk/Gus G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zakk/Gus G   Zakk/Gus G Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:23 pm

I'll reserve judgment until I hear the new Ozzy. I think Ozzy really needed a change of guitarists. Ozzy's last album sounded like a BLS album.

Zakk/Gus G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zakk/Gus G   Zakk/Gus G Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:23 pm

Zakk is maybe the third best to even play for Ozzy and that's dependent on if you think Gus will be better, then he'd move to fourth imo. What do they teach in school these days? Zakk/Gus G Icon_lol Zakk is good, his early stuff with Ozzy is cool but he got stale. All imho of course.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

Zakk/Gus G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zakk/Gus G   Zakk/Gus G Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:39 pm

Zakk lost inspiration after 'No More Tears', in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Zakk/Gus G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zakk/Gus G   Zakk/Gus G Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:44 pm

I agree with Ult Ozzy started to sound like BLS. I just got an email from the this dude and we are cool, you gotta stay cool with who you love for me Gus, him Zakk. But being 25 as I found out he needs to open his ears more there is so much out there and so many better than Zakk.

He has a band called Kauze and they play more experimental groove metal, they don't sound bad but not my style!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Zakk/Gus G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zakk/Gus G   Zakk/Gus G Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:53 pm

I love both guitar players and now I lean more toward GUS. If you asked me this question 8 years ago i would've said Zakk well because GUS was really not on the scene and Zakk was a huge influence on my guitar playing.

As far as who is better technically I'm going to have to go with Gus G. even at such a younger age the kids has amazing ability and will only get better.

In the end both are great and it;s all about preference...
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Zakk/Gus G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zakk/Gus G   Zakk/Gus G Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 10:03 am

Can anyone say Jake E Lee Zakk/Gus G 685534

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Zakk/Gus G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zakk/Gus G   Zakk/Gus G Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 1:30 pm

How 'bout Brad Gillis..... Sure he only did a live album with him, but that was the first Ozzy album I bought and I played that thing to death. Too bad he couldn't have done a proper studio album with him... I love Brad's style.

Ditto Jake, I hate how everyone just tosses him aside like he sucked, aside from the two Ozzy albums, listen to Voodoo Highway or the first Badlands... great stuff. Zakk is a good player, but overrated imho
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Zakk/Gus G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zakk/Gus G   Zakk/Gus G Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 2:24 pm

Well I think Zakk ruined Ozzy. The last 3 albums weren't very good and I hated No Rest for the wicked. No More Tears was decent but its not the same as when Jake was in the band or even Randy. Those albums had a lot of pizazz in it where Zakk's albums just sounded tired. Zakk is a shredding guitarist, its too bad he never played up to his ability.

Gus G is a GREAT guitarist. For someone to say the new album sucks is wrong in so many ways. The guy hasn't even heard it yet. I am anxious to hear it though because what I did hear with his new single "Scream" as well as some video stuff I seen promoting the new album was just awesome!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Zakk/Gus G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zakk/Gus G   Zakk/Gus G Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:14 pm

Quote :
This guy won't quit. But then again there are alot of narrow minded people in the world and some never expand the musical horizons.

So very true
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Zakk/Gus G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zakk/Gus G   Zakk/Gus G Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:29 pm

Randy craps all over Zakk - And I love No Rest for the Wicked
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Zakk/Gus G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zakk/Gus G   Zakk/Gus G Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:38 pm

Everyone knows that Zakk isn't the greatest guitar player to play for Ozzy. I thought this discussion was between Gus and Zakk?

To be honest I prefer No More tears and Ozzmosis over every other OZZY release and they both have Zakk on them.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

Zakk/Gus G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zakk/Gus G   Zakk/Gus G Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 8:00 pm

Zakk is great! I'm a huge BLS fan. You can't really judge Zakk vs. Gus in Ozzy without hearing the new album. What a twit!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
KauzeLSK
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 4

Zakk/Gus G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zakk/Gus G   Zakk/Gus G Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:42 am

What my buddy Kevin Forgot to say was Iam in a great groove metal band named Kauze and our new album "Epiphany" is available at Itunes and cdbaby.com!! And u can hear and see more @ myspace.com/kauzetunes! Besides all that I saw this and found a need to say thats not quite true. He liked Kauze so much to asked for a personalized CD of Epiphany! And guitar picks! Doesnt sound like someone who didnt like what they heard in my book but who am I to judge. As Ive said to Kevin in regards to Gus.G I have no ill-will Its just my point plain and simple is that if ur an Ozzy fan u must be a Zakk fan because he writes the entire songs! Thats all so bad mouthing either is pointless. u be the judge of that issue and Kauze for your urselfs!
-Lane Steele
www.Kauze.com
www.myspace.com/Kauzetunes
Back to top Go down
KauzeLSK
Metal novice
Metal novice

Zakk/Gus G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zakk/Gus G   Zakk/Gus G Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:45 am

Oh and MetalH
There's no twit here my friend Ive heard the record and its as said before not my cup of tea!!
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

Zakk/Gus G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zakk/Gus G   Zakk/Gus G Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 4:28 am

I don't think Ozzy's new album should be a deciding factor on whether or not Gus is a better guitarist than Zakk. Ozzy has said that the guitar tracks (excluding the guitar solos) were mostly finished before Gus came along. If we want to hear a Ozzy record with songs written by Gus, we're going to have to wait until the next album...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Zakk/Gus G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zakk/Gus G   Zakk/Gus G Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:57 am

Why even bother fighting with him? How does he even know what the new Ozzy album sounds like? Hasn't leaked yet, else Internet turds would be trashing it everywhere.
Back to top Go down
KauzeLSK
Metal novice
Metal novice

Zakk/Gus G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zakk/Gus G   Zakk/Gus G Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:10 pm

Great Point Megatron! Time will tell!
Back to top Go down
KauzeLSK
Metal novice
Metal novice

Zakk/Gus G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zakk/Gus G   Zakk/Gus G Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:11 pm

and Eyesore maybe it has and maybe u just havent found it!!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Zakk/Gus G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zakk/Gus G   Zakk/Gus G Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:29 pm

KauzeLSK wrote:
and Eyesore maybe it has and maybe u just havent found it!!
Wrong.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Zakk/Gus G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zakk/Gus G   Zakk/Gus G Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:32 pm

I think all of Ozzy's guitartist have been unique and all sound different from one another and all of them have been expectional guitarist, I am sure Gus G. is as good as some of the players that have played with Ozzy in the past
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Zakk/Gus G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zakk/Gus G   Zakk/Gus G Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 4:36 pm

I'm still trying to figure out what the arguent is here. I know little about Gus G, but from what I've heard, he's a completely different kind of player than Zakk. There doesn't seem to be a basis for comparrision, other than they both played in Ozzy's band.

I'm also hesitent to form any opinion of Gus G based on his performance on this new Ozzy album. At least Zakk wrote with Ozzy in mind. I think Gus is just a hired hand to solo over music that already been written.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Zakk/Gus G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zakk/Gus G   Zakk/Gus G Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 4:49 pm

manny wrote:
I think all of Ozzy's guitartist have been unique and all sound different from one another and all of them have been expectional guitarist, I am sure Gus G. is as good as some of the players that have played with Ozzy in the past

Awesome point, Ozzy has always worked with world class musicians...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zakk/Gus G Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zakk/Gus G   Zakk/Gus G Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zakk/Gus G
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next