Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!)

Go down 
+11
Fat Freddy
Boris2008
Troublezone
mc666
Required Fields
Dark Horseman
Wrecked Neck
mikeinfla
nevermore
MetalGuy71
15 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!) Empty
PostSubject: Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!)   Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 10:03 am

Ozzy Osbourne will embark on a two-year "farewell world tour" starting in 2018.

On the trek, Ozzy — Rock And Roll Hall of Fame inductee and Grammy-winning singer and songwriter — will celebrate more than five decades as a performer (both as a solo artist and as lead singer of BLACK SABBATH, which formed in 1968). This tour, expected to take Ozzy around the world with dates into 2020, will mark the end of global touring for the legendary artist, though he will continue to perform select live shows. Ozzy will be joined by longtime collaborators Zakk Wylde (guitar), Rob "Blasko" Nicholson (bass), Tommy Clufetos (drums), and Adam Wakeman (keyboards).

"People keep asking me when I'm retiring," Ozzy says. "This will be my final world tour, but I can't say I won’t do some shows here and there."

Osbourne's farewell tour will kick off in May 2018 with shows in Mexico, Chile, Argentina and Brazil. Those will be followed by a couple of early June dates in Russia before Osbourne embarks on on a month-long European leg, including appearances at most of the summer festivals. The beloved rock icon will subsequently headline a North American concert tour produced by Live Nation, details of which will be revealed in 2018.

Ozzy's wife and manager Sharon Osbourne told Rolling Stone that the 68-year-old singer would carry on as a solo artist after BLACK SABBATH's farewell tour came to an end this past February. "We'll continue until Ozzy finishes, and Ozzy won't be long behind them when he calls it a day," she said.

"It's not going to be within the next year, but it's coming up," she said. "I don't want Ozzy singing 'Crazy Train' at 75. I think it's best you go out before you hit that 70 and go out on top."

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!)   Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 10:37 am

We'll see about that. lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!)   Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 11:31 am

Meh, he is getting up there. I'd check it out if it came around here.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!)   Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 11:37 am

I saw him last on the "No More Tours" tour. Good show.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!)   Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 12:54 pm

I'll go as long as they keep the prices reasonable. I've seen him several times, and I love his music, but not gonna pay stupid prices to see him at this stage of his career.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!)   Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 1:10 pm

It won't be Ozzy, it's an automatron.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!)   Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 1:15 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
I'll go as long as they keep the prices reasonable. I've seen him several times, and I love his music, but not gonna pay stupid prices to see him at this stage of his career.

I'm kinda in the same boat. I've seen him numerous times already (solo and with Sabbath) and while I certainly wouldn't mind seeing him once more, I wouldn't pay crazy prices for it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!)   Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 1:55 pm

I wonder if he'll do what The Who have been doing for what seems like an eternity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!)   Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 2:11 pm

Sharon probably has the hologram all set up to take his place.

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!)   Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 2:18 pm

mc666 wrote:
Sharon probably has the hologram all set up to take his place.

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!)   Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 3:42 pm

The difference between this time and No More Tours is the fact that he is a lot older. So I think this time might be true... Although he did say he was retiring only from world tours, not select shows here and there.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!)   Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 12:25 pm

Ozzy was the headliner at my first gig 31 years ago and I've not seen him since. If I was going to it would have been the final Sabbath show in Birmingham.

He's an old man now and world tours are a big deal, there were parts o the Sabbath tour where he just wasn't up to it so it's the right time.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!)   Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 1:24 pm

I'd like to see Sharon get one more decent studio album out of Ozzy now that Zakk is back with him.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!)   Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 1:38 pm

(pffft) I'm so old that I remember his first "farewell" tour!! Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!)   Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 4:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'd like to see Sharon get one more decent studio album out of Ozzy now that Zakk is back with him.

Did not know that zakk was back with ozzy. Good to hear headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!)   Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 4:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
(pffft) I'm so old that I remember his first "farewell" tour!! Laughing very hard

Me too. Saw KISS on their Farewell Tour of '96(?) as well.

Gilbert wrote:

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Did not know that zakk was back with ozzy. Good to hear headbanger

Zakk played some shows with Oz over the summer and is part of the farewell tour band. No word on a new album or anything though. Just wishful thinking on my part.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!)   Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 12:23 am

Ozzy does usually well when zakk is around. Curious what a new studio album would sound like.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!)   Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 6:05 am

He sounds truly awful live these days. He should announce retirement today.

Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!)   Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 6:07 am

Quote :
Me too. Saw KISS on their Farewell Tour of '96(?) as well.

That still does seem like a farewell tour though. The KISS touring now does not hold a candle to what that lineup/performance was like circa '96.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!)   Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 6:35 am

I never liked his vocals anyway. But there has always been something catchy in his tunes...
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!)   Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 12:14 pm

I was actually just watching the No More Tears concert where he talks about that being his last tour.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!)   Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 12:58 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Lol I missed his farewell tour, but did catch him on his retirement sucks tour.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!)   Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 9:36 am

He'll turn 69 before this tour even starts...this is it

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!)   Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 10:13 am

glassprison wrote:
He sounds truly awful live these days. He should announce retirement today.

When I saw him with Sabbath a couple of years ago, he was clearly the weakest link in an otherwise solid group. But what he lacks in vocals, he makes up with his goofy, shuffling lovable charm. He's one of a kind. There will never be another Ozzy.

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!)   Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ozzy Announces Retirement Tour (Again!)
Page 1 of 1