Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.

Go down 
+32
Grimmo
Mac & Cheese
TheGreatDuck
akeldama
corplhicks
Lari
Citanul
brokentulsa
Hadley
Witchfinder
Leatherface
nevermore
candlemass
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
Wrecked Neck
mc666
Required Fields
BearOnUnicycle
Stender
Troublezone
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
manny
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Thrasher73
Gilbert
Wurthless
James B.
tohostudios
Dark Horseman
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 10:32 am

James B. wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
Those mentioning Poorboys and Electric Angels, do you remember Kill For Thrills?

Yeppers

Yup. I have that Kill For Thrills album for the GnR connection. Gilby Clark's last band before subbing for Izzy. I'll need to give that one a fresh spin. I don't recall much of it.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 12:21 pm

Decent enough.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 7:41 pm

Liege Lord. Wish they'd done more with Comeau on vox.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 8:20 pm

Anybody mention Madam X?

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 9:15 pm

This is an absolute gem but sadly no second album! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 9:45 pm

these guys had two albums of ripping prog-metal and fell off the scene. good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 10:40 pm

Some real hidden gems here.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 2:35 pm

These guys were so, sooooooooooo good it's insane they were ignored. Sounding like a cross between Metal Church (Mike Howe) and Vicious Rumors, they at least should've been somewhere around that level of popularity.

Edit: looking at an album cover, I might see the reason why.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 3:15 pm

Wow, that's really good but your right, that album cover is terrible.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 4:06 pm

I've only heard Old World Nights on Metal Massacre IX and thought that was a pretty good song. The rest of that is sounding pretty good too.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 10:14 pm

Speaking of liege lord, have their cds been re-released?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 11:06 pm

About a year ago there were rumors of a boxset rerelease but I haven't heard for sure.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 11:12 pm

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 11:15 pm

here are 2 bands that put out several great albums that remained virtually unheard of in the USA..

Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 9:56 am

Winter Rose - a glam metal outfit who are probably best known for being James LaBrie's pre-Dream Theater band.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 10:15 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Liege Lord. Wish they'd done more with Comeau on vox.

Aren't they still active?

There was supposed to be a new album and re-releases of the back catalogue and all that stuff. I wonder what happened.

EDIT: just checked their Facebook and they are working on the re-releases with Metal Blade. I don't know about new material though.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 11:14 am

I remember Jaguar, had some buzz for awhile.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 12:06 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

You mean the british heavy metal band? Aren't they still around?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 11:23 pm

Lord Tracy is another one.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 12:28 am

Dark Horseman wrote:

Gilbert wrote: You mean the british heavy metal band? Aren't they still around?

Just looked 'em up and they seem to be but it was news to me. I remember the album Power Games which was solid but they seemed to mellow after that and fell off the radar.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 12:34 pm

I'm always saying it, but Fear Not shoulda been huge.

Also agreed with Die Happy and Red Sea; fantastic bands. Die Happy is the one Christian band that's tough to pigeonhole into a subgenre.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 2:05 pm

My obligatory post praising Apollo Ra that I've been reminded of by
corplhicks wrote:
I'm always saying it, but

Ra Pariah puts to shame pretty much every metal band in the universe. Power metal should've just ended on this record. It's that good.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 1:32 pm

Thought of another one.
Company of Wolves, had some nice bluesy swagger and groove with ala Stones/Aerosmith. Another band victim of being too late to make it imo.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 10:56 am

Devastation-Heavy thrash in the vein of Dark Angel and some monstrous riffs.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 11:09 am

I recently re-discovered The Language of Thieves and Vagabonds by The Throbs, and it's been making regular appearances on my playlist for a few weeks now. Great, great stuff. Too bad they were a one-and-done.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next