Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.

Go down 
+32
Grimmo
Mac & Cheese
TheGreatDuck
akeldama
corplhicks
Lari
Citanul
brokentulsa
Hadley
Witchfinder
Leatherface
nevermore
candlemass
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
Wrecked Neck
mc666
Required Fields
BearOnUnicycle
Stender
Troublezone
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
manny
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Thrasher73
Gilbert
Wurthless
James B.
tohostudios
Dark Horseman
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 279

Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 11:48 pm

Wrathchild America
Violent Playground
Powerlord
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 9:09 am

Nudeswirl! I have posted about them before, but in the early 90s they released one of the greatest albums I've ever heard. Just a brilliant album, with one of the best uses of guitar feedback you'll ever hear.

Pushmonkey is another. They actually released three albums, but it's the first one, Maize, that should have made them huge. So many different styles combined (see videos below). Amazing stuff.  

How about Ice Cold July? Their lone album was released by the same label as Pushmonkey's Maize. Really great 80s rock-style album, though somewhat on the mellow side. It just came out a bit too late. Here's my favorite tracks from the album:

I could name a ton more, but these were off the top of my head...
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 11:39 am

There was an alternative station in Portland that used to play Pushmonkey. A weird mashup of sounds going on imo.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 1:13 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
There was an alternative station in Portland that used to play Pushmonkey. A weird mashup of sounds going on imo.

They simplified their sound after the Maize album. Still good, but Maize is something special.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 16, 2017 1:31 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Not sure I ever heard of Protein.

Super cool 3 piece band from the 90's. They released 2 albums for Sony, critically under rated and unappreciated entitled "Ever Since I Was A Kid" album, 1997 and Songs For Cowgirls 1999. Most of these albums are posted on Youutube however here is a couple. Shred master Josh Zee went on to form The Mother Truckers and the Moonlighters, both, countrified rockish band that has been muddling about for years and features the very proficient singer Teal Collins.

The Mother Truckers

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 16, 2017 7:07 pm

Ok, i've heard Mother Truckers, not bad if you like that sound.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 16, 2017 9:00 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

And I have that Protein album!

Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2017 9:52 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

And I have that Protein album!

Excellent toho!

You should acquire this one as well to have the discography!

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 10:46 am

Assorted Heap was a thrash band who deserved more recognition than they got.

They released two albums in the early 1990s, The Experience of Horror (1991) and Mindwaves (1992). The Experience of Horror was a relentless extreme thrash metal album bordering on death metal at times. Mindwaves was a much more melodic, accessible, and atmospheric album, while still thrashing quite hard.

I found out about them via Classic Thrash, a website which reviews thrash metal albums. I noticed he gave many albums generally considered classic thrash metal albums very lukewarm or even negative reviews, but he gave both Assorted Heap albums very glowing reviews.

After being out of print for about 20 years, The Experience of Horror was finally re-issued last year. Mindwaves was out of print for about 20 years until it finally got re-issued earlier this month.

Scott recently got a copy of the re-issue of The Experience of Horror and he digs it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 10:49 am

Always on the lookout for new thrash, i'll check them out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6