Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.

Go down 
+32
Grimmo
Mac & Cheese
TheGreatDuck
akeldama
corplhicks
Lari
Citanul
brokentulsa
Hadley
Witchfinder
Leatherface
nevermore
candlemass
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
Wrecked Neck
mc666
Required Fields
BearOnUnicycle
Stender
Troublezone
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
manny
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Thrasher73
Gilbert
Wurthless
James B.
tohostudios
Dark Horseman
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 10:41 pm

Toxik. Two excellent albums and then nothing.

Still no idea when their third highly anticipated album will drop.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 10:52 pm

Man, that takes me back.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 1:43 am

Slaughter obviously. Strappado was a beast.

Stompbox is also a good one. Came out in the grunge era & had a good mix of grunge with a dose of metal heft.

Wicked Wisdom. I loved what Jada and the boys came up with. I would have loved to hear more.

Slamcat was a great groove metal band, especially in the xtian realm.

Six Feet Deep was another xtian band that was full of awesomeness.

Aversion To Life was an amazing slam death band that should have done more than just one album.

Despair from Germany. Ok technically they had three albums, but they were beyond exceptional & they should have made it huge.

Fear of God/Detente. Both of these bands were so good, especially Fear of God. Dawn Crosby was so special.

Some other great bands with only one or two albums...
Floodgate, Hostility, Inner Thought, Bile, Last Chapter, and so many others. Too many to list all at once.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 2:07 am

Dawn Crosby was a hack and a half. At least the Plasmatics made interesting music with a hack singer. Will have to agree that Strappado was killer.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 2:35 am

Stender wrote:
Morbid Saint

Arguably a gnarlier sounding US band that more influenced by the Teutonic thrash like Kreator and Sodom and maybe early death metal. Only two albums.

Damn, beat me too it! Such a killer band, too bad they never released more music. I follow them on FB, and they still play shows, but mostly just local stuff in their area. Would love to see them live just once.

Another band I love that never made much music is Sabbat. Not the Japanese band, I'm talking about these guys.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Sabbat/116

Their first two albums were awesome, but then they changed singers and the third was sort of boring. still has some good songs, but nothing compared the the first two.

Of course if you like the singer, Martin Walkyier, you can hear him in a ton of Skyclad releases.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 4:20 am

Rage of Angels- one album and then bye bye. I think one of the guys ended up in Steelheart. Anyway, more material from them would be awesome.

Oil- Great Christian groove metal similar to exhorder, pantera etc. I think they had maybe two albums.

Agree with Freddy on Die Happy and Troublezone on the Crucified. Great bands, great guys who put their heart into it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 6:49 am

Iron angel are truly amazing. Love their brand of metal.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 7:52 am

I agree with mc about Six Feet Deep!

The first album was like Crowbar meets Biohazard.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 8:06 am

Sacrament was another band that put out two very good albums before calling it quits.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 9:24 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Hey James B., Icon had more then two albums lol! I agree they should've been bigger.

yeppers

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 10:21 am

Six Feet Deep! Yes! Oil! Yes!
Some great ones here and some I need to check out.

More recently are thrash band Arnion and Disaffection. Where'd you go?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 1:24 pm

Am I the only one who is very disappointed with Fat Freddy here? Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 352445

This thread title is tailor made for him to mention a certain band, yet so far nothing!

Well I'm not doing his job for him!

Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5XGwRuArQ_9YldZtmPJuUILYHdsV8G8xp2pc7WRRgYMx0Gbi-6_JfTFw

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 3:08 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 3:37 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Kik Tracee
Seemed poised to make it big but for some reason, maybe just a year or two too late, they never caught on. I think labeling them a hair band hurt as they were much more then that. I also think the label wanted to cash in on the sound being somewhat similar to GnR. I still listen to this one semi regularly and enjoy it every time.

I hated that band. I remember smashing the cassette tape with a hammer, much to the delight of some friends of mine. Much of that anger was directed at the lead singer trying to be an "Axl Rose wanna-be, fake poser, douche bag".

Ahhh, youthful ignorance. Smile

I would've loved another album or 2 from The Poorboys. They were awesome. That album still gets regular spins from me.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 4:10 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I agree with Tora Tora.  I saw this Memphis band at the Omni New Daisy on Beale Street right after they signed their record deal before Surprise Attack came out in the late 80s.  They blew the roof off the place.

Has anyone heard the albums they put out after Wild America? I think one is an album that was supposed to be their 3rd release back in the day and another one of odds-n-ends or something. I've considered picking them up, but they've been a little pricey. And I don't want to ruin their fine legacy with inferior products.

manny wrote:
Enuff Z'nuff, should have been bigger, thou they did get some MTV support, so not sure if they should count.

Those guys have put out many albums and they're all good. Too bad that stupid hippy-dippy imagery hurt them more than anything.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 4:11 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Am I the only one who is very disappointed with Fat Freddy here? Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 352445

This thread title is tailor made for him to mention a certain band, yet so far nothing!

Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5XGwRuArQ_9YldZtmPJuUILYHdsV8G8xp2pc7WRRgYMx0Gbi-6_JfTFw

Laughing very hard
I have not mentioned They Who Shall Not Be Named for their lone sacred vynal is a tr00 steele artifact for the ages ... if the maestros had attempted to make more, it would have diluted their arcane magic, ehehehehehehehehehe

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 4:26 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

Laughing very hard
I have not mentioned They Who Shall Not Be Named for their lone sacred vynal is a tr00 steele artifact for the ages ... if the maestros had attempted to make more, it would have diluted their arcane magic, ehehehehehehehehehe

What about your other favorite band?

Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Black_10

Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Black_11
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 4:31 pm

Laughing very hard You guys are killin' me.

...but seriously, have you ever heard that Black Death album? It's pretty awful. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 5:20 pm

Moondog Mane

Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 4:47 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I agree with Tora Tora.  I saw this Memphis band at the Omni New Daisy on Beale Street right after they signed their record deal before Surprise Attack came out in the late 80s.  They blew the roof off the place.

Has anyone heard the albums they put out after Wild America? I think one is an album that was supposed to be their 3rd release back in the day and another one of odds-n-ends or something. I've considered picking them up, but they've been a little pricey. And I don't want to ruin their fine legacy with inferior products.

Yes MG, I've got Revolution Day which is what I guess would've been their 3rd album that got shelved. It's good stuff I think. Better than Wild America and right up there with Surprise Attack. It's got a lot of the good ol blues rock that they are so good at.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 4:50 am

Troublezone wrote:
Sacrament was another band that put out two very good albums before calling it quits.

Man how could I forget Sacrament? I would love to hear another album in the vein of Haunts. Rob Wolfe had the perfect thrash voice.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 7:56 am

Wedding Party
Eloi
Last Chapter
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 11:16 pm

Emerald

and yes I am biased headbanger

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 11:43 pm

James, what is your relationship to Emerald?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 12:13 am

I don't know about 'making it' because it was never very likely but I pretty much buy any Mausoleum album as a blind purchase and I'm rarely disappointed, this album is a prime example.

Great solid heavy metal from Belgium. I noticed that the guitarist thanked the guy who put this on YouTube as he doesn't even have a copy anymore! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next