Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.

Go down 
+32
Grimmo
Mac & Cheese
TheGreatDuck
akeldama
corplhicks
Lari
Citanul
brokentulsa
Hadley
Witchfinder
Leatherface
nevermore
candlemass
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
Wrecked Neck
mc666
Required Fields
BearOnUnicycle
Stender
Troublezone
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
manny
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Thrasher73
Gilbert
Wurthless
James B.
tohostudios
Dark Horseman
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 11:32 am

I'm sure their imagery from the album scared off a few people back in the day, as it doesn't represent the music in the slightest.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 12:27 pm

If I remember correctly on The Throbs, they sounded kind of Quireboysish? Lots of bands with that sound, not many made it.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 12:28 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Devastation-Heavy thrash in the vein of Dark Angel and some monstrous riffs.

They had three albums.

They did briefly reform in the late 2000s, but no album was released, and they've since disbanded again (unfortunately).
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 12:34 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
If I remember correctly on The Throbs, they sounded kind of Quireboysish? Lots of bands with that sound, not many made it.

Yeah, a lot of bands had that sleazy Stones/early Aerosmith thing going on. Throbs had a little bit of the '70s Alice Cooper sound mixed in too.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 2:15 pm

MD.45
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 10:28 am

Black Death - great African American heavy metal band who sadly only released an album and an EP before disbanding
Blue Murder - too bad they didn't manage to cram at least one more album between the two they did release; love Sykes's guitar work...
Giuffria - yeah, they did become House of Lords after the second album, but I really love David Glen Eisley. Too bad he didn't sing on more albums...
Phantom Blue - great all - female melodic USPM, I tend to think of them as a Leatherwolf or Fifth Angel
Shark Island - Law of the Order is filled with great, catchy hard rock songs, too bad their next album didn't come until 2006 (and I hear it isn't that good).
Heaven's Edge - another good band in the vein of Slaughter and Firehouse
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 11:05 am

I still enjoy Blue Murder.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 6:09 pm

Ahh, forgot to mention Winterhawk and Ashbury, two great classic 70s-style hard rock bands from the early '80s.
Also, listening to Witch Cross at the moment - another good band that is worth a mention!
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 6:45 pm

Rough Cutt. 2 proper albums and a live reunion with a few extra new songs. Shortino came along with "The Cutt", but the magic was not there. Looking at the success of today's Warrant, Ratt and Great White tours, even the reunited LA Guns? I think Paul and the boys should think about this.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 8:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

Yeah, a lot of bands had that sleazy Stones/early Aerosmith thing going on.  Throbs had a little bit of the '70s Alice Cooper sound mixed in too.  

Are there any other bands of that type you could recommend?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 9:34 pm

How about Flies On Fire?

Or Dogs D'Amour:

Or Diamond Dogs:

This is my favorite style of music so I've got a million of 'em.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 10:42 pm

Haven't thought of Flies on Fire in years.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 10:50 pm

Ooohhh nice. Very Happy
Keep 'em coming!

BTW, do we have a thread about this type of bands already?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 12:55 pm

I don't know if there's a special thread for it but there's tons of bands in this one like this. Look for most of what Toho posts.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 2:44 pm

Nymphs, great band from the alternative rock nation, who had a big buzz with critics and the album than died a quick and lonely death, which was too bad.
Back to top Go down
Mac & Cheese
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mac & Cheese

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 6:31 pm

Anything by Moxy. They were a hard rock band out of Canada. They had a huge following here but virtually unheard of outside our borders. Another band that comes to mind is Fastway. Their debut album and the follow-up All Fired Up were classic and could stand up to any hair band that came out in the 80s
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2017 5:29 am

2 under-rated thrash bands here (released 2 studio albums each - which I have):

Evildead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pQipbcC-Mk
Detritus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjzb78gjf3w

Also have Evildead's live cd.

Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2017 10:39 am

Lots of thrash bands that fell by the wayside.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 5:33 am

The Sea Hags

Spread Eagle

Salty Dog

Lion

Protein

New American Shame

Slowrush

All these bands at least had an album or 2 on a major. I'm sure there are a gaggle more, especially the one off indie bands...
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 11:10 am

Not sure I ever heard of Protein.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 1:34 pm

A Texas band in the mid '70s called Ultra.

Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 2:40 pm

akeldama wrote:

Found this on YouTube. all original members in 2012 sounding pretty dam good to me.

Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 7:57 pm

assault_attack wrote:
akeldama wrote:

Found this on YouTube. all original members in 2012 sounding pretty dam good to me.

Sounds kinda like a remastered version of the album cut. If that's a legit live recording I'm impressed.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 9:01 pm

McQueen Street weren't bad...
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 10:15 pm

To my knowledge, this is the only album these guys put out. I like them, kind of remind me of Prong a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next