Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA

Go down 
+25
thejokeriv
ShadowAngel
John Madden
Temple of Blood
nevermore
Addy
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
ultmetal
Eyesore
the sentinel
CrookedCross
Thelemech
Leatherface
MoonChild
mc666
Gilbert
metalinmyveins
Required Fields
Troublezone
akeldama
Thrasher73
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2016 10:42 am

RIP Nick

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2016 12:13 pm

Great drummer!!! Sad news. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2016 3:26 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Such sad news. It can happen to anyone at any time. Nearly happened to me a year ago.

Did you have a heart attack?
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 279

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2016 5:22 pm

A very big loss to the metal team. Mr.Menza's drumming on Rust was spectacular.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2016 9:57 pm

I had a Nick sighting several years ago at the Roxy in Hollywood. I was at a Flotsam show and I spotted him hanging out alone. I went up to him to say hi and he was nice and down to earth with no ego or attitude. It's very sad that he died... especially now that he came out of retirement and was trying to reestablish himself.

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed May 25, 2016 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 4:58 pm

That one got me hard since i got back into Megadeth back big time (who thought Payday 2 and Rocket League would work so great with Megadeth in the backgroung? Very Happy )and Menza definitely was a driving force behing the sound that made the best (in my oppionion) lineup of Megadeth.
Definitely some aweosme drumming on Train of Consequences, Addicted to Chaos, Hangar 18, Tornado of Souls and a lot more
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 10:49 pm

Was watching some solo videos of him playing drums.

He was excellent behind his kit!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 1:04 pm

Sad news indeed.... RIP
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 3:02 pm

Early "unofficial" reports are that drugs did NOT play a factor in Nick's passing. I don't know if that makes things more tragic or what. A seemingly healthy guy drops dead of a heart attack at 51 and it's not drugs? Man, that just sucks.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 9:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Early "unofficial" reports are that drugs did NOT play a factor in Nick's passing. I don't know if that makes things more tragic or what. A seemingly healthy guy drops dead of a heart attack at 51 and it's not drugs? Man, that just sucks.

I agree...

It would be easier to accept if it was drugs. Dropping dead while seemingly healthy is more scary.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 1:28 am

Former MEGADETH drummer Nick Menza's death was caused by cardiovascular disease, the Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner said.

Nick collapsed after suffering a heart attack during the third song of OHM:'s set on May 21 at The Baked Potato in Studio City, California and was pronounced dead upon arrival at hospital. He was 51 years old.

The Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner said Menza died of natural causes. The cause of Menza's death was listed as hypertensive and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease.

Menza had reportedly dabbled with drugs in the earlier part of his career but had been completely sober for eight years.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 4:54 am

Too early. Sad indeed. RIP, Nick, ... and Godspeed!
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 11:50 pm

One of my favorite drummer. I had plenty a chance to catch OHM in the LA area. Really sad that I never ran for it. RIP.

Too damn young.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2016 8:27 am

This was very sad news all around.  Sad both in that we're robbed of the guy's talent and at such a (relatively) young age.

I do have to ask though, am I the only one who thought he looked a bit unwell in the more recent pictures that had been circulating?  Menza looked almost gaunt in some of them.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2019 8:15 am

Was listening to Megadeth today. Had to see what kind of threads there were.
This one caught my eye. Great comments and memory recounts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2