Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA

Go down 
+25
thejokeriv
ShadowAngel
John Madden
Temple of Blood
nevermore
Addy
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
ultmetal
Eyesore
the sentinel
CrookedCross
Thelemech
Leatherface
MoonChild
mc666
Gilbert
metalinmyveins
Required Fields
Troublezone
akeldama
Thrasher73
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 8:28 am

Dead at 51 after an apparent heart attack while onstage with OHM:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-megadeth-drummer-nick-menza-dies-at-51/

Former MEGADETH drummer Nick Menza reportedly passed away Saturday night (May 21) while performing with the band OHM: at The Baked Potato in Studio City, California. He was 51 years old.One person who was present at The Baked Potato last night told BLABBERMOUTH.NET: "It appeared to be a seizure but [Nick] stopped breathing. Two patrons took over and began CPR until EMS arrived. EMS worked on him for 25-plus minutes, including adrenaline shots, three shocks and non-stop compressions."Menza's death was confirmed in a message written by his friend Allen Hall, which was shared on Menza's official Facebook page.Allen wrote: "We lost an amazing talent and fantastic person yesterday. Nick Menza was the nicest and most sincere guy you should ever hope to meet."He would take the shirt off his back to help you if you needed it. He had a passion for artwork, not just metal music."Nick, you were taken too soon, it must have been a mistake, the world was a better place with you in it. I will miss you dearly my friend."MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine tweeted: "Tell me this isn't true. I woke at 4am to hear Nick Menza passed away on May 21 playing his drums with Ohm at the Baked Potato. #nickmenzarip."Mustaine's son, Justis, also paid tribute to Nick on Twitter, saying: "Rest in peace Nick Menza."A Facebook post from The Baked Potato stated simply: "RIP Nick Menza."Menza joined MEGADETH for the 1989 recording "Rust In Peace" and for the next nine years became associated with the band's "classic" and most profitable era.

Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sun May 22, 2016 9:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 8:32 am

Wow! Didn't see that one coming! With all of the reunion rumours last year I assumed that he was doing well. That's my two favorite Megadeth drummers gone now R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 8:44 am

Just saw this on Facebook,It's a shame he was way too young. Such a great drummer. R.I.P Nick!
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 8:47 am

RIP Nick. I wish 2016 was over with already.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 9:17 am

This year sucks!

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 9:19 am

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 9:50 am

I just saw this on Blabbermouth! I was just reading yesterday how everybody was complaining about the Soilwork drummer filling in for Chris Adler, while he plays dates with Lamb of God. Everyone was pushing for Nick to play on those dates. But now I'm reading this. I'm so sad to be hearing about this...

R.I.P. my favorite Megadeth drummer and one of my favs of all time. 51 is too damn young!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 10:54 am

Damn.i can't believe it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 11:15 am

Very sad and shocking.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 11:37 am

Wow, that came out of the blue. That's the way heart attacks go I guess.

MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 12:00 pm

WTH!!!!!! Really sad, and shocking!

RIP
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 12:01 pm

R.I.P. At least I got to see him play live once with Megadeth back in 1992.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 12:40 pm

I really feel for Poland, he took Gar's passing really hard even on the Behind The Music episode and now to be onstage with Nick when it happened.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 1:42 pm

A sad day indeed R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA 506406

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 2:06 pm

I'm hoping his demos for Dystopia will see the light of day.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 2:24 pm

Back to top Go down
CrookedCross
Metal novice
Metal novice
CrookedCross

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 3:18 pm

akeldama wrote:
I really feel for Poland, he took Gar's passing really hard even on the Behind The Music episode and now to be onstage with Nick when it happened.

That's true, I didn't snap til I read your post that Poland is in OHM. Damn...what sad news all around. Rest in peace, Nick.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 8:29 pm

R.I.P. Man, 51 is way too young to go. I'm gonna go crank "Rust In Peace" in tribute.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 8:56 pm

Dave Mustaine comments:

Quote :
MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has released the following statement regarding the passing of the band's former drummer Nick Menza:

"I woke up this morning to a text message from my son, with the news of Nick Menza's passing. Shocked, devastated and saddened don't begin to describe my feelings.

"Originally a tech for the band, Nick soon displayed such talent and personality, it didn't take long for us to realize he belonged on stage with us, behind the kit. We asked Nick to join MEGADETH as our drummer in 1989. At the time, the band already had its first platinum album, which only served to stoke the fire. We all wanted world domination — with so much of our lives and dreams ahead of us. As we navigated through the pitfalls of life and the music business, our first album with Nick, 'Rust In Peace', and subsequent albums 'Countdown To Extinction' and 'Youthanasia', kept up the momentum. We parted ways after 'Cryptic Writings'. We, like all brothers, would disagree at times, but our bond was strong throughout.

"As a player, Nick had a very powerful jazzy flair, unpredictable and always entertaining, And as great a drummer as he was, the time spent with him as a person, a bandmate, and a friend was even more fun.

"There were several times we discussed him coming back to the band, but for various reasons, it never came together. We've been in touch all along, he had come out to our shows recently, and he had remained a great friend, a true professional and a larger-than-life personality.

"The MEGADETH family take care of each other, and expect to hear soon about an initiative to help Nick's children.

"All of us in this community are connected, take care of yourself and your loved ones.

"My deepest condolences go out to Nick's family."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 9:53 pm

I remember seeing a video long ago where an Indian politician is just sitting at some political thing, he's talking and smiling and then--boom!--he's dead. His eyes roll back and he just keels over. Smiling one second, gone the next.

Scary how damn fast it can happen.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 10:10 pm

Such sad news. It can happen to anyone at any time. Nearly happened to me a year ago.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2016 4:54 am

ultmetal wrote:
Such sad news. It can happen to anyone at any time. Nearly happened to me a year ago.

I hear ya Ult....... scary indeed!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2016 8:48 am

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2016 9:42 am

Very shocked and saddened by this news. Glad I got to see him and the classic R.I.P. line-up back in the day. 51 is frightfully young for someone who appeared to be in decent health.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2016 10:10 am

ultmetal wrote:

My sister-in-law passed away in January from a heart attack at the age of 49.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA   R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. former MEGADETH drummer NICK MENZA
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next