Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer

Go down 
+14
Smindas
shamgar75
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
chewie
thejokeriv
Shawn Of Fire
nevermore
Eyesore
EvyMetal
metalheaded
A Handful of Wayne
ZetaReticuli
Ben Grimm
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer Empty
PostSubject: Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer   Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 5:37 pm

Picked this up from Heavy Metal Thunder on FaceBook

Dream Theater: drummer Marco Minneman is strongly rumored to have joined the band as the replacement for Mike Portnoy. The rumors are spreading in the forums. This below is not an OFFICIAL statement from the band, this is a text I received from a source close to the band:

"It's Marco, the chosen one is Marco and the official announcem...ent is planned for January 3rd. There are still thoughts of delaying it but they want to enter the studio as soon as the announcement is done"

Last edited by Ben Grimm on Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer   Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 5:39 pm

I thought Wayne was joining DT?!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer   Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 9:52 pm

no im joining avenged 7 fold

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer   Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 9:58 pm

That guy is good. I caught him once at a music store drum clinic.

If he joins DT, he'll be a good fit, I think.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer   Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 10:34 pm

He's in Ephel Duath.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer   Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 10:48 pm

Never heard of him.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer   Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 5:36 am

Eyesore wrote:
Never heard of him.

He was the drummer for Necrophagist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer   Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 6:28 am

nevermore wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Never heard of him.

He was the drummer for Necrophagist.

Ohhh! Wait....who? scratch
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer   Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:19 am

Looks like he plays a wide variety of styles...this is just a fraction of his discography:

Paul Gilbert "Burning Organ"- 2001
Paul Gilbert "Space Ship One"- 2005
Paul Gilbert "Space Ship Live"- DVD- 2005
Illogicist-"The insight eye" 2007
Necrophagist-Summer Slaughter DVD 2008
Ephel Duath (band)-Through My Dog's Eyes 2009
George Bellas -Planetary Alignment-2008
George Bellas -Step into the Future-2009
George Bellas -The Dawn of Time-2010
Mike Keneally "Scambot". release for 2009
Necrophagist-"Summer Slaughter 2007" live in Toronto DVD
Trey Gunn/Marco Minneman - "Modulator" (2010)

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer   Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 3:01 pm

I think it's a good choice to pick a no-namer. Let him develop a style privy to himself, if he hasn't got one already. DT is one of the best outfits for him to do so in, as they are open-minded to their sound.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer   Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 3:59 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
I think it's a good choice to pick a no-namer. Let him develop a style privy to himself, if he hasn't got one already. DT is one of the best outfits for him to do so in, as they are open-minded to their sound.
And also pay him waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less.

Money moves this machine now.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer   Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 4:02 pm

Eyesore wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:
And also pay him waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less.

Money moves this machine now.

Yep - as much as Mike was doing, he probably had the biggest paycheck in the band
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

PostSubject: Re: Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer   Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:57 pm

I think it could be interesting I may check out the next album to see what direction this will make the band take, I have been ehh with Dream Theater for a while Train of Thought was the last album I cared for
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer   Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:25 pm

Mike Mangini!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer   Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:35 pm

On the commentary on one of the concert dvds, Myung stated that he wanted to play in the bass style of the first album and MP said something like, since that album didn't do well why play in that style again. So we could hear Myung back into the Geddy Lee, Chris Squire type lead bass mode.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer   Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 12:53 am

chewie wrote:
On the commentary on one of the concert dvds, Myung stated that he wanted to play in the bass style of the first album and MP said something like, since that album didn't do well why play in that style again. So we could hear Myung back into the Geddy Lee, Chris Squire type lead bass mode.

Come to your senses, Myung will never have a say, he's the foreign-looking bass player. They never get their way.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer   Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:30 am

Never heard of him, although I've apparently heard his work on those Paul Gilbert albums. In all honesty though, when listening to Gilbert, I'm not paying much attention to the drumming.

I wonder if he was the drummer when I saw Paul live on the G3 tour a few years ago?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer   Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:17 pm

According to Blabbermouth...

Quote :
Despite rumors to the contrary, BLABBERMOUTH.NET has learned that 40-year-old international drumming sensation Marco Minnemann (KREATOR, NECROPHAGIST) **has NOT** joined DREAM THEATER as the replacement for the recently departed Mike Portnoy.

DREAM THEATER has yet to officially announce its new drummer despite the fact that the band has been rehearsing with one candidate exclusively since last fall. DREAM THEATER guitarist John Petrucci previously stated about the group's drummer search, "Auditions went great and we do have someone but we are spending some time getting everything in order before making an official announcement. Let me just say that we are all incredibly excited about our choice and just bursting at the seams to let the world know!"

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer   Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:21 pm

So this means that Lars Ulrich is still in the running?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer   Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer   Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:54 pm

chewie wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

lol!

+1
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

PostSubject: Re: Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer   Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:14 pm

Mike Portnoy will be auditioning with Groucho Marx glasses and a fake nose
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer   Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 2:26 pm

Scenario:

DT is dragging their feet making an announcement...

MP just finished up his record with Steve Morse and Neal Morse...

MP is going to hit the studio with DT in secret with an announcement in March...

I say this in jest, but I have seen people speculate that DT is having second thoughts about moving on without MP...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer   Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 10:57 am

Not sure why I'm posting this. It's a big press release that says nothing..."we're almost ready, we think, to maybe make an announcement sometime soon, but not yet. Please stand by"

Quote :

Dream Theater are moving a step closer to announcing the name of their new drummer.

The band have stayed tight-lipped over their choice since Mike Portnoy announced last year that he was quitting. But from 4pm (UK time) on Thursday, April 21, if you sign up to the band’s Facebook page, then you’ll be ready to get info on how and when the announcement about the new drummer is to be made.

Not only that, but you’ll also be able see some of the auditions Dream Theater held in their search for the new man (or woman).

Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer   Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 12:11 pm

Looks like Mangini got the job! At least they don't have to re-label stuff if they went by first names......

I've liked Mangini since I first heard him on the 1st Mullmuzzler album. I figured he'd get it:

1. He's been on three of LaBrie's solo albums.

2. He's a Northeasterner.

3. Considering #2, less visa problems..... Comedy people, comedy!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer   Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drummer Marco Minneman new Dream Theater Drummer
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next