Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nick Pollock (My Sister's Machine)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Nick Pollock (My Sister's Machine) Empty
PostSubject: Nick Pollock (My Sister's Machine)   Nick Pollock (My Sister's Machine) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:40 am

I know there was a thread on this band awhile back but i'm diggin' them for the first time in a long while. I remember their video for "I'm Sorry" on Headbanger's Ball but i never bought one of their records. I found out they toured with Pantera and King's X too.

The singer is amazing. He sounds like a mix of Layne Staley, Ian Astbury and to a lesser extent Glen Danzig. He joined Mike Wilton's (Soulbender) but has since left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0gHurTQwOA&feature=related

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Nick Pollock (My Sister's Machine)   Nick Pollock (My Sister's Machine) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:14 am

Here is something interesting... before Jerry Cantrell joined AIC Nick Pollock was the guitarist. I originally thought Jerry and Layne formed the band together but apparently there was a glam version of the band called "Alice 'N Chains". Laughing

http://bacus.com/alice/sessions.htm
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Nick Pollock (My Sister's Machine)   Nick Pollock (My Sister's Machine) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 3:28 pm

Both My Sister's Machine albums are great. I felt they should have been just as popular as some of the bigger Seattle bands.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Nick Pollock (My Sister's Machine)   Nick Pollock (My Sister's Machine) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:51 am

nevermore wrote:
Both My Sister's Machine albums are great. I felt they should have been just as popular as some of the bigger Seattle bands.

Yeah i like them better than Nirvana or Pearl Jam, and they're up there with AIC and Soundgarden.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Nick Pollock (My Sister's Machine)   Nick Pollock (My Sister's Machine) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:45 am

Troublezone wrote:
......but apparently there was a glam version of the band called "Alice 'N Chains". Laughing

I think the Alice N' Chains" even had a z on the end, even more glam. Laughing

But yeah My Sisters Machine were pretty great, definately in that Alice In Chains/Soundgarden camp. I reckon there's a bit of Pepper Kennan/COC in the vocals and sound of them aswell......

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Nick Pollock (My Sister's Machine)   Nick Pollock (My Sister's Machine) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:20 am

rattpoison wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
......but apparently there was a glam version of the band called "Alice 'N Chains". Laughing

I think the Alice N' Chains" even had a z on the end, even more glam. Laughing

But yeah My Sisters Machine were pretty great, definately in that Alice In Chains/Soundgarden camp. I reckon there's a bit of Pepper Kennan/COC in the vocals and sound of them aswell......

Yeah i think you're right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nick Pollock (My Sister's Machine)   Nick Pollock (My Sister's Machine) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nick Pollock (My Sister's Machine)
Page 1 of 1