Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Comeback Albums

Go down 
+28
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
journeyman
Rami Airola
scottmitchell74
Hadley
akeldama
stormspell
Joe
Citanul
the sentinel
rajah
Required Fields
Vexer6
glassprison
Thelemech
Lari
brokentulsa
Boris2008
Wurthless
Witchfinder
James B.
Troublezone
mc666
Gilbert
corplhicks
candlemass
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
rajah
Metal student
Metal student
rajah

Number of posts : 105

Best Comeback Albums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Comeback Albums   Best Comeback Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2016 7:48 pm

Alice In Chains-Black Gives Way To Blue
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Best Comeback Albums   Best Comeback Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2016 9:12 pm

Pretty much everything I wanted to list has already been mentioned. Ha. It's not my feeling, but a case could be made for "Painkiller" based on the 2 that came before My love for "Turbo" and "Ram It Down" has been professed in their respective poll threads a while back.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Best Comeback Albums   Best Comeback Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2016 9:16 pm

I'll go a bit off the beaten path here and say Night Ranger's "Somewhere In California" and Hardline's "Danger Zone" as both kick ass and a welcome return to form for each band.
Back to top Go down
rajah
Metal student
Metal student
rajah

PostSubject: Re: Best Comeback Albums   Best Comeback Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2016 10:38 pm

How About Cheap Trick's self titled release from 1997. Or UFO'S Walk on Water. Both were great albums from bands that had kind of lost their way for a few years.
Back to top Go down
rajah
Metal student
Metal student
rajah

PostSubject: Re: Best Comeback Albums   Best Comeback Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2016 10:42 pm

Just thought of this. Y&T's Musically Incorrect and Endangered Species. Both were a return to their classic hard rock sound of the 70's, after several very boring albums.
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Best Comeback Albums   Best Comeback Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2016 11:32 pm

Iron Maiden - Brave New World
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Best Comeback Albums   Best Comeback Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2016 11:38 pm

Exodus - Tempo of the Damned
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Best Comeback Albums   Best Comeback Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 12:37 am

rajah wrote:
Just thought of this. Y&T's Musically Incorrect and Endangered Species. Both were a return to their classic hard rock sound of the 70's, after several very boring albums.
I think Facemelter was a good comeback for them, as while those two albums were decent, they didn't quite hold my attention the same way their previous output did.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Best Comeback Albums   Best Comeback Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 1:08 am

[quote="Citanul"]Iron Maiden - Brave New World[/quote

cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Best Comeback Albums   Best Comeback Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 1:09 am

Megadeth - The System Has Failed
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Best Comeback Albums   Best Comeback Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 4:17 am

KREATOR - Violent Revolution
FORBIDDEN - Omega Wave
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Best Comeback Albums   Best Comeback Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 9:49 am

Bloodgood - Dangerously Close

Sacred Warrior - Waiting in Darkness
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Best Comeback Albums   Best Comeback Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 9:57 am

Megadeth-The System Has Failed
Motley Crue-S/T
VH-A Different Kind Of Truth
Black Sabbath-Dehumanizer
Black Sabbath-The Devil You Know
Cheap Trick-S/T

Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Best Comeback Albums   Best Comeback Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 10:48 am

W.A.S.P.- Unholy Terror (back to classic sounding WASP after the experiments that were KFD and Helldorado)
David Lee Roth-DLR Band (shame it was only one album with this lineup)
Back to top Go down
rajah
Metal student
Metal student
rajah

PostSubject: Re: Best Comeback Albums   Best Comeback Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 12:13 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
rajah wrote:
I think Facemelter was a good comeback for them, as while those two albums were decent, they didn't quite hold my attention the same way their previous output did.

Facemelter was great as well. All three were much better than what they were doing in the late 80's.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Best Comeback Albums   Best Comeback Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 1:23 pm

rajah wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
rajah wrote:

Facemelter was great as well. All three were much better than what they were doing in the late 80's.
Contagious is my personal favorite Y&T album, with Down for the Count coming in at second.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Best Comeback Albums   Best Comeback Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 1:29 pm

Citanul wrote:
Iron Maiden - Brave New World
You beat me to it!

Back to top Go down
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

Number of posts : 175

PostSubject: Re: Best Comeback Albums   Best Comeback Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 5:07 pm

Flotsam & Jetsam - The Cold

That album is phenomenal. Leagues ahead of whatever else they've made since the 80's.

The follow-up album Ugly Noise was a big disappointment. They went straight back into the pre-TheCold territory. The musicianship in The Cold was top notch, and it felt they really were HUNGRY to do a great album.

It also has Eric AK's best vocal performance ever.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Best Comeback Albums   Best Comeback Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 8:46 pm

Aerosmith - Permanent Vacation. They came back in force. Not sure if this really applies since Done with mirrors was the reunited band's first.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best Comeback Albums   Best Comeback Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 12:45 pm

Revisiting some Death Angel recently and I think The Art of Dying should get a mention here. This was a monster comeback after the nearly 14 years that passed since Act III. And they've been going strong ever since.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Best Comeback Albums   Best Comeback Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 1:34 pm

With Accident of Birth, Bruce Dickinson rebounded nicely from a couple of sub-par solo LPs ...

Dokken's Erase the Slate undid the havoc that had been wrought by the ill fated Shadowlife.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Best Comeback Albums   Best Comeback Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 1:40 pm

A little surprised no one has said Hirax 'new age of terror' yet. I got into Hirax with this album and one could probably argue that it's their best full length album besides being a really f*cking good comeback album for any band.
Back to top Go down
restlessbreed
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: Best Comeback Albums   Best Comeback Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 3:48 pm

Huge Deep Purple fan so I gotta say - Perfect Strangers
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Best Comeback Albums   Best Comeback Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2016 11:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
With Accident of Birth, Bruce Dickinson rebounded nicely from a couple of sub-par solo LPs ...

Dokken's Erase the Slate undid the havoc that had been wrought by the ill fated Shadowlife.

Great call on Erase the Slate, Keith.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Best Comeback Albums   Best Comeback Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 2:35 am

A lot of good ones already mentioned. I agree with Metal Church, Heathen, Stryper, Forbidden, Exodus,Hirax, Alice in Chains.
One that comes to mind for me is Tora Tora- Revolution Day. Not really a comeback album I guess but was shelved and released later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Comeback Albums   Best Comeback Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Comeback Albums
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next