Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ritchie's Rock Comeback

Go down 
+15
metalinmyveins
muckie
Runicen
corplhicks
thejokeriv
ultmetal
nevermore
the sentinel
Lari
manny
tohostudios
chewie
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
Boris2008
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Ritchie's Rock Comeback Empty
PostSubject: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 3:43 pm

For my part it's a resounding yes! I love Blackmore, including all the hey nonny nonny stuff.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/ritchie-blackmore-return-to-rock-music/

Could be one of the hot tickets of the summer  Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 3:54 pm

I edited the thread title to correct the spelling of his name.  FYI.

He's a legend, of course I'm interested. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 4:04 pm

S.D. wrote:
I edited the thread title to correct the spelling of his name.  FYI.

Ritchie's Rock Comeback 19976
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 4:23 pm

As a casual fan of both Deep Purple and early Rainbow, I'd certainly be interested in what he has to say musically in 2015 (or 2016 more likely). I'd say my expectations would be low right now and hoping for the best.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 4:53 pm

I'm interested.  Hopefully there's no lutes or mandolins on stage. Huzzah!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 5:02 pm

I'm definitely interested!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 5:57 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I'm interested.  Hopefully there's no lutes or mandolins on stage. Huzzah!

Ritchie's Rock Comeback 19976

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 8:35 pm

I am a major fan and would very interested in what he plans on doing and who he will be working with
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 8:41 pm

Blackmore's been trending back toward his rock roots for a while now. The last several Blackmore's Night albums aren't anywhere nearly as "Renaissance-y" as the first couple; each one has been increasingly using electrified instruments.

I love Blackmore as a guitarist but I really loved the sound of the first 3 or 4 Blackmore's Night albums so I'm not all that thrilled with this announcement. I'm also not at all surprised based on the direction the last several BN albums have taken; I didn't even buy the last one.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 8:44 pm

I think Candice Night will sing, Ritchie will play the lute, and they'll do Temple of the King and Catch the Rainbow acoustically, and that's the extent of it.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 8:46 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Blackmore's been trending back toward his rock roots for a while now.  The last several Blackmore's Night albums aren't anywhere nearly as "Renaissance-y" as the first couple; each one has been increasingly using electrified instruments.

I love Blackmore as a guitarist but I really loved the sound of the first 3 or 4 Blackmore's Night albums so I'm not all that thrilled with this announcement.  I'm also not at all surprised based on the direction the last several BN albums have taken; I didn't even buy the last one.

From the sound of the announcement it seems to be a show or series of shows then its back to Blackmore's Night. I think at the age of 70 he may crunch corded out, but once to go back and do it one more time.

I have not heard the last Blackmore's Night album so I am a bit surprised that he is stirring that band in that direction.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 8:49 pm

The last several BN albums aren't even close to Deep Purple, Rainbow or any other form of hard rock.  But they also don't have the Medieval feel of the first several; they're actually almost "poppy".

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 9:52 pm

I read a quick blurb about this in Classic Rock mag last month; but there was no mention of a vocalist - except to say no Joe Lynn Turner. I think it might be Bonnet given the "Doen to Denver" live box set just recently came out.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 10:26 pm

I'm interested.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 10:43 pm

nevermore wrote:
I'm interested.

I am as well, but honestly I'm not expecting much. That might be a good thing though. Sometimes expectation are high and they can't be reached.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 9:34 am

Would be cool to see one of the show - I wonder who he tagged to sing (read it was an unknown)
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 2:52 pm

Unless he's performing baroque renditions of Maybe I'm a Leo and Flight of the Rat, I'm happy about this.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 12:36 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I read a quick blurb about this in Classic Rock mag last month; but there was no mention of a vocalist - except to say no Joe Lynn Turner. I think it might be Bonnet given the "Doen to Denver" live box set just recently came out.

I thought I read somewhere (Blabbermouth?) that he would be assembling a band of essentially unknowns for a few shows. No big names. Other than himself of course. Smile That could be total speculation/rumor though.

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 12:50 pm

Yeah, I don't think it's going to be a "big deal", I think Ritchie just has an urge to perform some of these songs and he's assembling a band of younger players to facilitate it. More power to him.

Ritchie doesn't need to make a "comeback", dude has proven everything he needs to prove in his career and then some. Like most of the other artists his age he has earned the right to do whatever he wants at this stage of his career.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 12:54 pm

Very true. I've grown tired of Eddie Trunks whining on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 3:24 pm

Maybe I'm the odd man out on this one, but it's always seemed like Blackmore was... well, kind of a prick to work with. I mean, when you manage to alienate people like Gillan, Coverdale and Dio - especially when Coverdale in particular has nothing but kind things to say publicly, it says something.

Also, am I the only one who thinks an "electric" return can't help but be kind of lacklustre? I mean, here's the guy who bitched and grumped his way through the Deep Purple reunion until he buggered off back to Blackmore's Night, which is clearly the music he is enthused to be making. I agree with S.D. that he has nothing to prove, but then this move puzzles me more than anything else since he clearly wasn't enjoying himself the last time he went out and did the "big electric" thing.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 4:22 pm

Runicen wrote:
Maybe I'm the odd man out on this one, but it's always seemed like Blackmore was...  well, kind of a prick to work with.  I mean, when you manage to alienate people like Gillan, Coverdale and Dio - especially when Coverdale in particular has nothing but kind things to say publicly, it says something.

I don't believe you're the odd duck here. He's a well-known prick to work with. Just another reason Yngwie looks up to him. Razz

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 4:55 pm

When I saw the title, I thought this was about Ritchie Sambora, or to a lesser extent, Kotzen. I didn't know it was about Blackmore, whoever the hell he is. Must not be that important, IMHO, if I never heard of him.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 6:21 pm

Are you sure? I heard he was pretty big in Japan.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 6:38 pm

Obviously, not big enough to fill an entire stadium, as most western artists and their mindless dreck tends to be in Japanese standards. Even Lady Gaga, U2 and Maroon 5, who tend to be among Japan's favorite active western artists, cannot succeed at filling Yokohama or NHK Stadium with enough people like AKB48 or some pedo-bait singers can.

In the end, Japan is as guilty of perpetrating smut pop just in a different way. Still, if Blackmore was significant at all, I would have seen him at some point on Vegas billboards. But at the same time, we get a lot of B-rank campy artists here so that surprises me even more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ritchie's Rock Comeback
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next