Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands that are better since the comeback

Go down 
+12
Lurideath
Thrasher73
Gilbert
Dark Horseman
the sentinel
Boris2008
tohostudios
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Lari
akeldama
Kramer78
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Kramer78
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 5

Bands that are better since the comeback Empty
PostSubject: Bands that are better since the comeback   Bands that are better since the comeback Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 1:26 pm

Anyone here think some bands are better after a hiatus?  I'm thinking of bands like Artillery, Onslaught, Destruction etc.  Not so much the music I suppose but maybe mostly the production.  Some of those mid 80's releases are practically unlistenable because of such lousy production.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are better since the comeback   Bands that are better since the comeback Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 2:27 pm

Good thread idea. Stryper immediately came to mind.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are better since the comeback   Bands that are better since the comeback Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 2:29 pm

Angel Dust in the 90's, after having disbanded/disappeared in the 80's.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are better since the comeback   Bands that are better since the comeback Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 5:07 pm

Wrath.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are better since the comeback   Bands that are better since the comeback Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 5:36 pm

Personally I think Deep Purple's hiatus from the mid-70s to the mid-80s did a world of good for the band.  When I heard DP was reuniting and releasing Perfect Strangers I wasn't expecting much but I was totally blown away.  Maybe I wouldn't necessarily describe the band as "better" per se, more like "rejuvenated".

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are better since the comeback   Bands that are better since the comeback Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 6:48 pm

Obviously they are no more but Celtic Frost's comeback was mind blowing.

Other than that I'm coming up blank (Onslaught have made a couple of fine records though)
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are better since the comeback   Bands that are better since the comeback Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 8:58 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Personally I think Deep Purple's hiatus from the mid-70s to the mid-80s did a world of good for the band.  When I heard DP was reuniting and releasing Perfect Strangers I wasn't expecting much but I was totally blown away.  Maybe I wouldn't necessarily describe the band as "better" per se, more like "rejuvenated".

I agree with that. I wouldn't say better either, but an amazing "second act" if you will.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are better since the comeback   Bands that are better since the comeback Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 11:26 pm

Agent Steel and Angel Dust.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are better since the comeback   Bands that are better since the comeback Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 1:05 am

Not sure if this totally applies but when it comes to thrash bands, i usually prefer the newest releases over their primitive raw recordings.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are better since the comeback   Bands that are better since the comeback Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 1:21 am

Two bands come to mind immediately. The first is Kreator. Those guys have been on a roll since Coma of Souls.Also, Death Angel have been tearing it up since Killing Season.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are better since the comeback   Bands that are better since the comeback Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 11:48 am

tohostudios wrote:

I'm not a big Deep Purple fan but Perfect Strangers is my favorite album of theirs and the only one I'd consider owning.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are better since the comeback   Bands that are better since the comeback Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 12:48 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Two bands come to mind immediately. The first is Kreator. Those guys have been on a roll since Coma of Souls.Also, Death Angel have been tearing it up since Killing Season.

Kreator never broke up or went on hiatus. I do agree though they are far better than what they were doing in the Endorama period.

I really don't find any band better after a come back. The earlier albums by all the bands I like are far superior than their later releases after a hiatus or break up!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are better since the comeback   Bands that are better since the comeback Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 1:08 pm

Scorps, maybe?
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are better since the comeback   Bands that are better since the comeback Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 1:16 pm

Unruly Child comes to mind. I like the albums they released in the '90s, but when they reunited with Marcie Free in 2010 and put out Worlds Collide, I was blown away. It's one of my favorite albums of the past couple decades.
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 279

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are better since the comeback   Bands that are better since the comeback Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 7:51 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
While DA has almost doubled their original discography post Act III, the material has been good to excellent, yet the newer songs lack that unique songwriting they had in their earlier days. Funny you didn't mention The Art of Dying,which is pretty underrated.Killing Season's first  six songs rule, but it gets bad after that.The others, I can't recall them, but I do own all of 'em.
  Thanks for the reminder, Thrasher.The 'ol coach has not watched his copy of A Thrashumentary.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are better since the comeback   Bands that are better since the comeback Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:08 am

Lurideath wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

Kreator never broke up or went on hiatus. I do agree though they are far better than what they were doing in the Endorama period.

I really don't find any band better after a come back. The earlier albums by all the bands I like are far superior than their later releases after a hiatus or break up!

Yeah I know they didn’t break up, I guess it wouldn’t be a comeback as much as it would be a return to form.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are better since the comeback   Bands that are better since the comeback Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:25 am

corplhicks wrote:
Scorps, maybe?

What comeback are you referring to?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands that are better since the comeback   Bands that are better since the comeback Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands that are better since the comeback
Page 1 of 1