Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flotsam and Jetsam

Go down 
+9
MetalHeartMonsterMan
Wrecked Neck
Gilbert
nevermore
Troublezone
DakotaRogers
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2016 11:30 am

007 wrote:
I ordered mine through Best Buy. With shipping and tax it came to just over $20.00. A little pricy I guess but I figured it was probably the easiest way to get it.

Yea, I'm too cheap for that. Razz

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 8:02 pm

Finally picked this up. It's very, very good. This is my first Flotsam and Jetsam album. Should I dig deeper?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 10:22 pm

Definitely you should. I have been addicted to flotsam and jetsam since i got their latest release a few months ago. The last three i picked u were cuatro, unnatural selection and My God. All of the three slay!

My God was particularly tricky to find but i was lucky to find it in one small metal shop called rock n roll voltage, in paris. If you're ever there, i highly recommend this place as it has some amazing metal jewels.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 1:33 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Finally picked this up. It's very, very good. This is my first Flotsam and Jetsam album. Should I dig deeper?
YES! My personal favorites are the debut album, Doomsday for the Deceiver, No Place for Disgrace, When the Storm comes Down, The Cold, and the newest one. The first two are phenomenal albums every metal head should have. Back in the day, they were often compared to Metallica. Back when bands competed for supremacy in speed, and being the best. It's really a shame they never took off like other bands did from that time.

If you get no place for Disgrace, be sure to get the original. They 're-recorded that album a couple years ago. It might be good, I have no idea, but the original is where I would go first. Up to you of course, I just personally hate it when bands re-record albums.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 2:43 am

I have the re-recorded version of no place for disgrace. It is quite good. When the storm comes by and ugly noise are also among my favourites.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 3:03 am

Gilbert wrote:
I have the re-recorded version of no place for disgrace. It is quite good. When the storm comes by and ugly noise are also among my favourites.
Yeah Ugly Noise was decent, but kind of a let down after The Cold. Guess I was expecting better, but it fell a little flat IMO. still a good album though. cheers
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 8:54 am

Still need to get the cold. Hopefully in my next amazon order.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 10:21 am

The Cold is awesome. You'll love it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 10:47 am

007 wrote:
The Cold is awesome. You'll love it.

Loving the samples already headbanger
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 5:47 am

I like everything they've ever done!

My only complaint is that Unnatural Selection and Dreams of Death were recorded and mixed poorly. Other than that, No Place for Disgrace is a very underrated thrash classic and Eric AK is one of the all time best vocalists in metal.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 4:41 pm

I ordered the self titled album this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 4:52 pm

Required Fields wrote:

headbanger Great album!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 11:35 pm

Required Fields wrote:

You will definitely love it headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flotsam and Jetsam
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2