Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden

Go down 
+24
nevermore
brokentulsa
journeyman
scottmitchell74
mikeinfla
glassprison
the sentinel
Required Fields
thejokeriv
Thrasher73
Lari
MetalGuy71
DakotaRogers
candlemass
80s Metal Lady
James B.
BearOnUnicycle
MoonChild
Wurthless
Boris2008
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
corplhicks
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Where Eagles Dare
Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 5 ]
Revelations
Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 26% [ 10 ]
Flight of Icarus
Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 24% [ 9 ]
Die With Your Boots On
Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
The Trooper
Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 7 ]
Still Life
Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Quest for Fire
Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Sun and Steel
Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
To Tame A Land
 5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 38

AuthorMessage
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 10:14 am

journeyman wrote:
The whole album is killer, so picking is a coin toss.

Not this is "Piece of Mind" album not "Killer" lol!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 11:18 am

I actually never expected Revelations to get top vote. A damn intense number, though.

I'll actually go the extra mile here and call Quest for Fire a stinker. I always skip it, and tried this morning to find some quality--nope. But I can also say that it's the ONLY stinker in Maiden's first six-album run. That's impressive.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 6:48 pm

I hadn't listened to this album in a long time so i pulled it out a few days ago and gave it a listen...what a really good record... I love every track but "sun and steel" really stood out to me so that is my choice...
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 6:54 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
I hadn't listened to this album in a long time so i pulled it out a few days ago and gave it a listen...what a really good record... I love every track but "sun and steel" really stood out to me so that is my choice...
Good choice Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 25679

Death in life is your ideal happy
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 8:24 pm

Revelations just barely edges out Flight Of Icarus for my vote.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 9:04 pm

corplhicks wrote:
I actually never expected Revelations to get top vote. A damn intense number, though.

I'll actually go the extra mile here and call Quest for Fire a stinker. I always skip it, and tried this morning to find some quality--nope. But I can also say that it's the ONLY stinker in Maiden's first six-album run. That's impressive.

I think the song is cool, but something doesn't jive. The lyrics don't flow and Bruce sounds forced and strained. The song is saved by the rhythm and solo. Should have been an instrumental. Sun and Steel brings it back into focus.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 9:19 pm

I like Quest for Fire more than Where Eagles DareĀ Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 811939
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 10:34 pm

"Fly as high as the suuuuuuuuuuun"

I voted for Flight Of Icarus
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 10:40 pm

I actually see the trio of "Still Life," "Quest For Fire," and "Sun and Steel" as weak compared to the rest of the album. I like the vocals at the chorus in "Sun and Steel" so it's the better of the three for me. "Quest For Fire" I never cared for and "Still Life" is just strange. I guess I paid more attention to the lyrics to that song, but I always imagined the character staring into the swimming pool of someone's backyard.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 10:55 pm

Yeah! "Still Life" is great. I can't help but be reminded of the pool scene in Ferris Bueller's Day Off due to the lyrics. I always think of poor Cameron. Ha.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 6:58 am

"The Trooper" is easily my favorite! One of my favorite guitar intros ever!
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:46 pm

Where Eagles Dare
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 7:34 pm

Ah! A sentimental favorite for me! "Flight of Icarus" is the first Maiden tune I recall hearing on the radio as a kid and was blown away by that voice! I'd feel like a traitor if I didn't vote for that one! I also love "Where Eagles Dare" and "Die With Your Boots On."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2